Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, November 6, 2010

Breaking Beauty News! The Hard Candy Holiday Sets (pic heavy)

I literally cannot thank my lovely Twitter follower, Rachel (@ahimsa), enough for this one. Rachel, I'm sending you virtual bear hugs and kisses right now as I write this!

Rachel snapped some amazing and incredibly detailed pics of the Hard Candy holiday sets the other day and um, WOW! I don't want to waste any time, so let's get right to 'em!

All of the following sets can be purchased at Walmart. You can enlarge each photo by clicking once and then again to magnify.

Once more, thank you, Rachel!!

 Limited Edition 5 Pack Mini Nail Polish (retail: $5)
(According to Rachel, the red/orange polish looks a little like HC Lava but maybe lighter.)

 5-Piece Travel Brush Kit & Case (retail: $5)

Face Facts Kits (retail: $5 each)

 4 Pack Flavored Lipgloss Rings (retail: $5)

Limited Edition Nail Color Library (retail:  $10)
(Look how cute those zipper rings are! According to Rachel, these are full-size bottles of polish and the top left looks somewhat like HC Lava, while the bottom right polish looks like Fabuluxe.)

Plump It Up 
5 Piece Plumping Serum Set (retail: $10)

 Lash Stash
5 Piece Mini Mascara Set with Eyelash Curler
(retail: $10)

 Totally Smoked
Bad Girl Next Door
Heartbreaker
5 piece sets (retail: $10 each)

 Pop-Up Palette 
Baked Eyeshadow Palette
(retail: $15)
(Rachel said this looks like HC's version of UD Book of Shadows but in a mini version! I love how there's a "magic well" to hold your water if you want to use these shadows wet.)

Hall of Fame Train Case
(retail: $20)
(The minute I saw this, before I read what Rachel wrote about it, I immediately thought of the Wet n Wild Train Cases that are at CVS. And then sure enough, Rachel said the same thing! They really do look similar, don't they? Well, except for the actual products and price! Click here if you'd like to see the Wet n Wild train case.)

Whew! So, what do you think? Any must-haves here? Or maybe you already found these sets and have purchased a few things? Either way, I would love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

27 comments

  1. These look awesome! I need to go to Walmart soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must go to Wal-mart! I can't go until Monday because it's such a madhouse! But yes!! The case does look almost exactly like the WNW one! Pretty sure it's the same case only with different products (obviously). Haha great post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! I wouldn't mind getting my paws on that pop up palette. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. would you happen to know where these are located? did she say? like in the regular makeup section or is there a special place for these due to the limited edition... they look amazinggg!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the polish sets! Those zipper rings look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @abbymarielove - All the holiday goodies were on the Christmas gifts aisle (where Halloween stuff was the week before), not in the regular cosmetics aisle. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. My walmart does not have hard candy :(((. They are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @rachel THANK YOU SO MUCH, i had no luck with the halloween ones, so i am on a search for these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am ridiculously excited about these!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the sets are awesome! Thanks for the info. BTW though--the polishes in the set with the zipper rings aren't full sized (my full-sized HC's from Walmart are all .35 fl. oz., not .27).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that really does look like the WnW case! These are awesome! A welcome improvement from the usual cr@p that plagues the holiday gift aisle! Can't wait to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i want all of them! Weirdest thing: I was looking at the regular display and saw just the mascara set sitting there and I was thinking where were the rest of them?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So excited! Hope these pop up in Canada soon. There's also four single packs of mini polishes for $1 each. Pink, red, silver, purple. Hard Candy has pics up on their facebook page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Face Facts and Baked eyeshadow palettes look intriguing, can't wait to visit my Walmart :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG!! I had the same exact thought about the Train case looking just like the Wet-n-Wild case available at CVS. I'm definitely getting the Train case and the Pop-up palette.
    I sincerely hope my Walmart gets these soon. Early Christmas presents for me =).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can anyone speak to the quality of Hard Candy's brushes? I'm in the market for some more brushes similar in quality to ELF's studio powder brush.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! Thanks for visting my blog! I love US drugstore buys because they're good quality yet cheap (well, some). In Singapore where I live, even the cheapest Maybelline mascara costs $17.90. Ridiculous. I'd love to have Hard Candy and Wet n Wild here! Btw these sets look freakin' sweet, esp the nail polish one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, love. Must have. Want ALL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. awesome haul! I wish those brands are also available here in the Philippines. :) followed your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. *gasp* I need to go to walmart like right now! haha oh how i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm most interested in the face facts sets. Three shadows, blush/bronzer, and a primer for only $5! I must have at least one, maybe all three if I get greedy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. come on walmart, put these online...... i'm not sure if its just how they're stocked or because people are buying/stealing it, but the hard candy displays in every one of my local/ish walmarts are always destroyed and have like a single eyeliner, a bunch of glitter gel, and if i'm lucky a shattered eye shadow. lame.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ohhh! the polishes look awesome! i might have to brave wal-mart to get those sets

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig