Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, September 17, 2010

Review: The New and Improved Jordana Lip Glosses

The secret weapon of just about every gloss junkie I know is Jordana. For around $1.99, it's hard to compete with the pretty shades and textures of Jordana Lip Glosses. Combine that with the fact that Jordana is made by the makers of Milani, and you're looking at great, on-trend drugstore products with tiny price tags. You can layer the sparkly glosses over your lipsticks to make your own "DIY" Dazzleglasses, or you can wear the sheer colors alone for a softer look. No matter how you slice it, Jordana Lip Glosses are a fun and affordable way to try lots of different lip looks without breaking the bank.

Jordana recently improved their standard Lip Gloss formula and also released some new shades. I was thrilled to receive some of the new and improved Jordana Lip Glosses for review recently, and I'm very excited to share them with you!

Jordana Lip Glosses
left to right: Sorbet, Smoothie and Hot Lips
(retail: $1.99 each)


I want to make sure you know that my camera had a difficult time picking up the true shades of these glosses. Even after color-editing, they're not quite 100% accurate. Sorbet is more of a pinky-peach in real life, Smoothie is more sparkly and pink, and Hot Lips is more of a magenta-cherry red (it looks warmer in my pics).


Be sure to enlarge the above collage to really see the pretty glitter in Smoothie and Hot Lips.


Sorbet
is a sheer pinky-peach but, unfortunately, it doesn't show up too well on my pigmented lips. It borders on a clear gloss for me, but if your lips aren't very pigmented you might have better luck with getting the pretty pinky-peach hue to appear.

Smoothie is...where do I begin? My photos do NOT do this gloss justice! This is a clear gloss that's packed with pink and gold glitter. Every time I look at it, I think about all the pretty colors I could wear underneath this!

Here's a closer look, but please note that this still doesn't quite capture how pretty and sparkly this gloss is in person:


And last but not least, we have Hot Lips. This is definitely the most pigmented gloss of the three, and I absolutely love the sheer, yet rich combination of maraschino cherry and magenta tint to this one. There is multi-colored sparkle in this gloss, but it's a bit more subtle than Smoothie. If you're a one-lip-color-at-a-time type of gal, I would recommend Hot Lips for color, shine, and sparkle.

So what about the new and improved formula, right? I love that these glosses are not sticky, tacky or heavy-feeling on my lips. They apply very smoothly and easily, and they smell and taste like watermelon. The only downside is that they might not have the staying power of sticky, heavier glosses, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that they last longer on my lips that another glosses I own that aren't sticky. I can get about three hours of wear on these before I need to reapply.

For just $1.99 each at Walgreens and wherever else Jordana is sold in your area, these glosses are fun, versatile and pretty much a no-brainer if you're a gloss gal. I can't think of a better or less expensive way to experiment with different shades, textures and layering techniques. Oh, and before I forget, these shades are now available at Cherry Culture as well.

Do you own any Jordana glosses? What are some of your favorites shades? Are you excited about these new colors? I'd love to hear from you!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I absolutely love these glosses! They have them at a dollar store a couple blocks from where I live and they're only $1.25 there. I've got all three of the colors you reviewed, and a couple others and they're all amazing. My current favorite glosses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot Lips!!! Reminds me of MASH! But I like this one. :)

    Gotta tell you, I picked up Milani's Lip Flash in Photo Finish. Haven't even tried it yet. I'm going to coordinate my outfit tomorrow around this lip shade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own their Pretty Shine gloss in Lovely. The color is so pretty, but the glitter in it is so gritty! :( It felt like sand all over my mouth, and I just couldn't take it. It's made me afraid to try any of their other shades...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jordana is a great resource for Mac lipglass dupes as well)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^oh really? :) Which ones would you say are dupes BudgetBeautyGoddess? I recently found this brand at Walgreens after we moved to a new area and haven't tried a thing yet but noticed they seem to have lots of glosses (my weakness!)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig