Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, September 11, 2010

New Limited Edition Borghese Scintillare Collection (It's gorgeous!)

Totally didn't expect to see this at my local Rite Aid the other day. Um, all I can say is, keep reading because two of these shades have something VERY special about them:


First, it's important to note that there is a tear-pad on this display with $1 Borghese nail polish coupons that don't expire until 2/28/11! Yes!!

"Edgy, matte and shiny glitter textures with Italian flair!"


Starting from the left in the back row:
Ipnotico Gold: gold with gold glitter

Nero Magico: black with silver glitter

Vigneto Berry: matte berry-wine with magenta glitter

Front row, far left:
Mediterraneo Sea: matte blue with silver, blue and purple glitter

Scintilla Magic: red jelly(?) with red glitter (reminds me of the new LE Sally Hansen shade, Fireberry Red, but lighter)

Purple Confetti: matte plum with multi-colored glitter

The lovely Ali over at Ali's Nail News has swatches of all six of these beauties, so definitely check them out here. (Bonus: she put top coat over the matte shades so we can see how they look shiny. Ali, you RULE!).

Purple Confetti reminds me of Deborah Lippman Happy Birthday except, of course, the glitter is in a colored base instead of a clear base. Also, the glitter isn't as large as the Deborah Lippmann polish, but it's got that same vibe. Also, the multi-colored glitter isn't garish or tacky--I can't really describe it but I swear this and Mediterraneo Sea are STUNNING in person. They'd be PERFECT for the holidays, as sort of a more sophisticated way to wear colorful glitter. Love!

Borghese polishes retail for $8 each at Rite Aid, so I'm figuring out how we can maximize our savings by using the tear-pad coupons from the display, plus one of the $5/$25 purchase coupons from the Video Values site. If I bought three polishes ($24) I could buy one "filler" product for $1 and meet the $25 requirement. Then, with three of the tear-pad coupons, plus the $5/$25 Rite Aid coupon, that would bring my total down to $17 for three polishes. That would be like buying three polishes for the price of two. Not that huge of a savings but it's something! If any of you have a better way to maximize our savings using coupons, please please leave a comment and let us know!

Here are more pics:



Without a doubt, plums, golds and berry-wines are THE nail colors of Fall 2010 at the drugstore. I think this is the just the beginning, folks. I predict we're going to see more of these shades in the weeks to come (heck, we've already seen them from Maybelline and Sally Hansen, so I'm betting Revlon will release some too).

So, what you do you think of this new LE collection from Borghese? Anything jumping out at you? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Mediterraneo Sea and Vigneto Berry are the two that I like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those are all gorgeous! Awesome coupon too. Hope these come out in Walgreens soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, you are too sweet! :-) Thank you much for your kind comments. *hugs*

    I have to say, that I LOVE all of them! They were my first Borghese polishes, and they didn't dissapoint.

    I hope you are having a good weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want all of these but I am not in the US right now. :( Darn. I am wishfully thinking that I could somehow magically swap for these lest they be gone when I come back to the States in a few months! :( I just wish Borghese would sell their limited edition nail lacquers via phone or online or something so I could buy them even when I travel.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig