Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, June 21, 2010

Lollipop Bling: will you "taste" it?

I'm a sucker (no pun intended) for any type of fragrance that has the word "lollipop" in the title. So when I saw this article over at The Beauty Counter Blog at Style.com, I got more excited than I care to admit. Mariah Carey's fragrances are always so much fun to check out at the drugstore, so I can't wait to see these in person when they hit CVS (this collection will hit department stores July 1st, and then it will hit drugstores early next year). 

The Lolipop Bling collection includes three fragrances titled Ribbon, Mine Again, and Honey (click here for the origins behind the name) and I'm so curious as to what these are going to smell like!


(image from Style.com)

According to a NYT article, Elizabeth Arden (makers of Mariah Carey fragrances) is working in partnership with the Topps Company (makers of Ring Pops) to promote this collection. Cute!


(image from nytimes.com)

So are you a sucker for candy-inspired fragrances too? Are you excited to take a whiff of these when they hit stores?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Candy, chocolate, cookies, you name it.
    Whenever there's a cinnamon-bun scented fragrance, I'm buying it.

    Not that I am a fan of Mariah, but these look pretty kitschy cool. Never thought of her as a candy-type of girl though, so it seems odd her fragrances are. I thought she'd be a heavy vampy scent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to sniff it -- but damn, Mariah looks so terribly airbrushed in that photo -- doesn't even look like a human body!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're collaborating with Ring Pops because her hubby, Nick Cannon, actually gave her a big ol' diamond ring the size of a ring pop for their anniversary this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not too big on fragrances. I still have my Daisy by Marc Jacob for how many years now lol.

    but this looks so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable!! I hope they are not sickly sweet. I would love a honey scented perfume.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not too keen on candy-inspired fragrances, but if they aren't too overdosed on sugar I may give them a try!
    I really can't get over how photoshopped Mariah is in the ads, but that's a different story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. with the exception of lip products, i don't want anything to smell like food that isn't really food. i'm funny that way.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig