Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, January 30, 2010

More CVS Beauty Clearance Sale Info

Finally the weekend is here! I wanted to post some new info regarding the big CVS beauty clearance sale just in case you're planning a(nother) trip to your local CVS this weekend.

First of all, I wanted to confirm that I WAS able to return items I purchased that were on clearance for 75% off. The items I purchased were unopened (I returned one of the PF Organic blushes because the one I did open and test had ZERO pigmentation--I do not recommend these, btw). I also returned one of the PF Organic lipglosses I bought (it just looked like it was going to be way too light for me after closer inspection) and the CVS clerk didn't blink an eye, didn't ask me any questions whatsoever, just happily returned my money. So if you went a bit overboard during your last CVS clearance haul and have a sneaking suspicion that some of the products you grabbed may be a bad fit for you, it's worth a shot to try and return your unopened purchases (I didn't try returning anything that was already opened so I can't speak to whether or not they'll take those back).

Next, I want to state that I've read on several other beauty blogs, and can confirm after talking to a local CVS employee, that this clearance sale has no firm end date. The particular employee I spoke to said that the green 75% off and red 50% off stickers will remain on select products until they're sold out. So definitely don't assume that you've missed out on this sale--there are still PLENTY of clearance products to be had, and depending on the CVS location to visit, I've found that lots of brands still have a very full selection of clearance items. I can't stress this enough--if you don't have luck at one CVS, try another location! You might be surprised at what you find.

I also wanted to post some (blurry) Blackberry photos that I took after visiting two local CVS locations this week. I've noticed that a lot more products are surfacing that have the red 50% off stickers (as opposed to the green 75% off stickers) and, given the original price of some of these products, 50% off is still a pretty darn good deal.

To me, these are new deals, but I apologize if you've already seen these either on other blogs or at your local CVS. I just wanted to post these pics in case you're like me, and haven't seen these on sale yet.

Maybelline Mineral Power Blushes - all shades (retail: $9.49, now 50% off)

Maybelline Mineral Power Foundation - all shades (retail: $9.49, now 50% off)
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation - all shades (retail: $7.49, now 50% off)

CoverGirl Lip Liners - select shades (retail: $4.99, now 50% off)
CoverGirl IncrediFull Lipsticks - all shades (retail: $7.49, now 50% off)

CoverGirl Tru Blend Minerals Pressed Mineral Foundation - all shades (retail: $9.49, now 50% off)

CoverGirl AquaSmooth Foundation - select shades (retail: 9.49, now 50% off)

Now for this pic, I know that several of you have already seen these on sale at your local CVS locations, but this was the first time I was able to spot a display that wasn't already wiped out so I thought it might help some of you know what shades are actually on clearance:

L'Oreal Eyeshadow Duo - select shades (retail: $5.99, now 75% off)
L'Oreal Eyeshadow Quads - select shades (retail: $7.99, now 75% off)

I also spotted some Almay products that were 50% off (foundations and eyeshadow singles) and as for the 75% off stuff, I spotted the usual Physicians Formula, Revlon, Milani and L'Oreal stuff that most of us have already seen. If for some reason you haven't seen these yet, click my CVS label (located on the left-hand sidebar of this page) to see all of my previous CVS beauty clearance posts for more details.

That's it for now, but I hope that some of you might find this information helpful! As always, if you have any questions, please leave a comment on this post. I hope you're having a great weekend! :)
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I am definitely in the market for some new foundation... maybe the Maybelline ones will do the trick :D Thanks so much for this post! I would've never known.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks so much for all the postings you do! I didn't like a Milani foundation I bought for 75% off at the CVS sale, so I returned it. The cashier said it was fine to return even though I opened and used it once. However, I was only able to receive store credit b/c they didn't have the item in the same color to scan the UPC. A little strange since the other colors were also the same price, but a store credit is better than getting stuck with a completely orange shade of foundation. Not sure if this is the policy at all CVS, but I visited one in San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ndoodles: I'm so glad I could help! If you end up getting any of these foundations, I would love to know how they work for you! If I remember correctly, I have used the Mineral Power foundation in the past and it was very nice! :)

    Lily: Wow, that is GREAT! Thank you so much for taking the time to fill me in on what happens if you try to return a used product (at least here in San Diego, that is). I might just try and return that PF blush that had zero pigmentation because I will never use it. And yes, store credit is awesome! It's not like we'd struggle with trying to find something else to buy at CVS in the future, right? lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGGGGG why don't we have CVS in Quebec?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. Guess what, guess what, guess what?! I was at Big Lots this last weekend and I saw that they had quite a few of these varieties on clearance (from CVS) for $1 or $1.50! I bought the Mineral Power blush for $1.50, Superstay Lipcolor for $1 (which I have never tried and it is absolutely amazing!!), and Superstay Silky Foundation for $1.50!

    They has some more products too, like the Mineral Power foundation you have pics of from CVS as well as the powdered Shadow Stylist and
    Expert Wear® Eye Shadow Duos. Oh yeah, tons of Lipsticks too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gaby: lol! I'm so sorry you don't! :(

    Miss-Tearious: OMG!!!! Thank you SO much for the heads-up!! When your comment came through on my blackberry earlier today I was actually at Target and decided to go straight to Big Lots to check out the selection and I saw A LOT of the same things you did!!! I am going to post about this tomorrow and totally credit you for the heads-up! You ROCK! Thanks SO much for taking the time to let us know about this!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig