Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, December 7, 2009

Yardley of London goes Natural (but stays insanely affordable!)

You all know I'm a big fan of Dollar Tree, and one of my favorite Dollar Tree treats is Yardley of London Soaps (also available at YardleyLondon.com, and just about everywhere else including Kroger, Meijer, Publix, Shop Rite, Rite Aid, Stop & Shop, Walgreens, Wegmans and 99 Cent Only Stores).

So when I heard the news that Yardley of London had launched a Natural Line, I just could not have been happier. The affordability of Yardley combined with natural, skin-friendly ingredients? Not to mention that Yardley Natural Soaps are cruelty-free and come in eco-friendly, biodegradable packaging. Now that's a winning combo in my book!

Now let me stop right here and say that I'm a huge bar soap connoisseur. I have used hundreds of bar soaps in my life, ranging from soaps made by large manufacturers to small one-woman etailers to the kind you can only buy at local street fairs and farmers markets. It's a huge passion of mine, and such a quick and inexpensive way to buy something nice for your skin that smells great and is fun to use. But for my lovely readers who prefer body washes, let me share with you something: You can get the exact same effect of a body wash by simply rubbing a good bar soap into your wet bath pouf for about 30 seconds. You'll get a rich, creamy lather and enough suds to cleanse your entire body! So remember that, body wash gals, before you turn your noses to bar soap!

I was lucky enough to receive the following two soaps for review, and honestly, I'm having hard time deciding which one I like most. Let's start with Yardley London Natural Soap Almond Milk (retail: $2.49, 4 oz):



First of all, look at these great ingredients! Organic shea butter, organic honey, oatmeal...it's fantastic! Plus, Yardley of London Natural Soaps are paraben, SLS and phthalate-free.

So what does it smell like? Um, fabulous! Warm and creamy almond milk with just a touch of jasmine--I can't get enough. The lather is incredible--thick and creamy and I looove how clean my skin feels after I use it. My skin is squeaky-clean but yet it feels moisturized at the same time. I am loving this soap in this cold weather we're having because it never gives me a case of the itchies (like soaps with SLS tend to give me when my skin is dry). Honestly, I have been using these soaps every single day since I received them and I can't get enough. Plus, even though I've been using them every day for several weeks now, the bars don't seem to shrink too fast--my bar is about 75% its original size after weeks of use.

Next up is Yardley of London Natural Soap Honeysuckle Citrus (retail: $2.49, 4 oz):



Again, look at these fabulous ingredients! And the scent? I literally want to EAT this soap every time I use it. Honeysuckle and citrus is SUCH a winning combo in my book--you get the bright, uplifting grapefruit and orange, but it's tempered with smooth honey, which makes it warm, soft and sweet as well. I'm addicted and I need more of this one asap. And not just for the scent, but for how it makes my skin feel too. Just like the Almond Milk, this soap provides a thick, rich lather and keeps my skin feeling clean and moisturized all day long. Love love love!

One more thing I'd like to mention is how cute this packaging is--when you open the box you get a little inspirational saying inside each soap:



I am really amazed by the affordability of these soaps. If you're a bar soap lover like me, you know it's nearly impossible to find a bar soap that's packed with such great ingredients and that retails for under $5 or $7 per bar. It's almost impossible, so that's why I'm just thrilled about this new line by Yardley.

While you can find the regular line of Yardley of London soaps at most every dollar store, drugstore and grocery across the nation, the Natural Soap line is little bit more challenging to find at the moment, but WELL worth the search. Currently you can find Yardley of London Natural Soaps at Rite Aid, Publix and Meijer, and of course YardleyLondon.com. I really hope these soaps get wider distribution soon, because they're fantastic and I want you all to have a chance to experience them.

So tell me, do you already use/love any products by Yardley of London? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and gratis samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Yardley of London at Dollar Tree? I'll have to make a trip soon! YoL has a special place in my heart---my grandma used to put the lavender soap bars in her dresser drawers so she always smelled like lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the almond milk! It smells so good that I'm tempted to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dangerkitty, that is such a sweet, sweet story. Grandmas are THE BEST, and I am all for carrying on their traditions! I think I'll put a bar in my dresser drawer tonight. :) xo

    princess azure: I am right there with you! I loooove it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember my mom used to have a stash of these soaps in the bathroom. I miss that sweet, floral scent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is exciting news. I love Yardley of London soaps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shela--awww, that's so sweet. You should get some to bring back some memories! :) xo

    Leigh--I was hoping you'd be as excited as I am about these, given that we're both dollar store queens! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the almond milk as I mistakenly stumbled upon the natural line in NYC. It smells amazing, feels great, and is gentle. My skin is supersensitive as I have been hospitalized from reactions I have had to other soaps. But not this soap...it is amazing! I cannot speak more highly of this soap and recommend it to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just discovered the Yardley of London products at my local Rite Aid last month. I won't use anything but their Lavender hand soap in my bathroom anymore. I just found their Honeysuckle Citrus Natural bar soap yesterday, and FELL IN LOVE with the fragrance! And you're right, it cleanses AND moisturizes my dry skin... I was hoping they also made a body lotion with that heavenly fragrance. I'm glad I found your blog while searching for info about the line... I'll let my friends know about you.
    I just noticed your entry is from 2009! Boy am I late to this party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found these at Big Lots for $1 each- now I am definately getting the Almond Milk bar!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig