Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I found Hard Candy! I found Hard Candy! (Warning: VERY pic heavy)

[Note: for specific product reviews of the Hard Candy products I've purchased from Walmart, click here.]

After calling SEVEN different Walmarts in San Diego today only to receive responses like, "No. Not yet. Click!" and "Huh? Hard WHAT?", I finally found a Walmart that was actually putting the Hard Candy products into the brand new, shiny display when I called them this morning. So I ran down to that location as fast as I could and quickly became a giant nuisance to the woman who was filling the wall display full of goodies. I literally lurked beside her for over an hour, politely asking, "So do you have more eyeliner colors in that box or is this it?" Finally after almost two hours, she was done filling the display and only ONE product was missing (a collection of duo eyeshadows). But as for everything else (and boy is there A LOT) I got to see everything fresh out of the box. A wall of pristine makeup that I know for sure has never been tampered with. My dream come true!

Let me just say that if you like color, you are going to freaking LOVE the new Hard Candy. I"ll stop gabbing now and get to the pics, but I ask that you read my commentaries before and after each pic if you're interested in this line because I mention some interesting things that you can't see in the pics. For instance, what do chopsticks, Magic Eight Balls and Hard Candy makeup have in common? Read on to find out!

(Click all pics to super-size)





(this pic was taken before the Walmart employed had finished stocking the display)

The signs in the display and all of the packaging are done in the Sailor Jerry style of tattoos. So all of you vintage/rockabilly girlies will looooove it. If you're not familiar with the Sailor Jerry style, there are lots of pinup girls, playing cards, horseshoes, anchors, birds, roses, etc. Super cute.

Let's start with the mascaras. There are FOUR different formulas and each has some amazing metallic and glitter colors (as well as basic black and carbon black):



As you can see, "Ginormous" is the volumizing mascara and there are some BEAUTIFUL shades here (metallic copper, purple and vivid blue as well as two blacks, a silver and deep brown). Next to that is "Lash Tinsel" which is glitter mascara and the colors are amazing. Gold, purple, black, taupe and silver. Please note that NONE of these pics really illustrate the vivid colors available in this collection. The colors are sooo much prettier and richer in person.



Next we have "Lash Call" which is a lengthening mascara. As you can see, there are some wild colors here, such as hot pink and teal. Next to that is "Curl Up & Dye" which is a curling lash tint. The colors in this collection are also gorgeous with lots of blacks, browns, blues and purples.

Next we have some SUPER CUTE lip glosses (there are so many lip products it made my head spin). But this one in particular is amazingly cute because of the packaging. At the top of each wand, there is a little tiny MAGIC EIGHT BALL type of thingy!



They're called "Fortune Gloss" and as you can see, there's a little tiny "Magic Eight Ball" type ball floating in pink liquid. You can ask your gloss to tell your fortune! The answers are things like, "Yes", "No" and "Yuk". Too cute for words!



Here are two other types of gloss:







As you can see, there are tubes, jumbo pencils, balms and a few types of wand glosses. The only two lip products I didn't get close-ups of were the longwear lip products and the lipsticks. To tell you the truth, I may have missed another one but there's just SO MUCH here that I can't keep track.

Moving on:



Here are the baked blushes, baked bronzers, foundation primer, tinted moisturizers, concealer kits (the kits with the small pots are all connected together! So cute!) and the highlighter kits (the larger round palettes). Underneath that you can see the jumbo lip pencils (when I took this she hadn't yet filled the display) and the lipsticks (look at those adorable pink ribbons on the ends of each lipstick!).


Here's an interesting product called "Eye Tattoo" which is a press-on eyeshadow.



Here's a great deal: "Eye Candy" glitter eye cream with a glitter eyeliner for only $5 (the colors are so much more vivid in person).



Here are the baked eyeshadows (isn't it cool how they look like they're floating??) and tubes of glitter gel to the left of the Eye Candy (top shelf). I'm not a huge glitter gel person, but the colors of these glitter gels are so unique and gorgeous I almost bought one just because of the color!



Here are some close-ups of the "Kal-Eye-Descope" baked eyeshadow duos. I am regretting not buying that blue and taupe one in the middle top row (above). It was soooo pretty in person and that taupe color is very unique.





A close-up of "Blush Crush", the baked blushes (soo much prettier in person--you can't see the veining in these pics but they all have veining).



Here is one of the eyeliners, "Take-Me-Out" (there is another pencil liner that is a dual-end liner with two different shades in each pencil). Here is why these are called "Take-Me-Out":



These liners are shaped like CHOPSTICKS!! I was freaking out at how cute these are--I mean, you could even wear them in your hair if you were rocking a bun! And the colors! OMG, look at that green, teal, and NEON YELLOW! I have never seen shades like this from a drugstore line. Seriously, these are MUFE or MAC or Illamasqua colors!

Oh and beneath these adorable liners are one of a zillion different body glitters and shimmers that Hard Candy has to offer.

Here are two others (I think that's a total of five body glitters??):


These two products are pretty cool though because one is a flavored body powder and the other is a glitter body SPRAY.

Next we have some very awesome eye pencils:


We have "Foiled Again" which are "heavy metal shadow sticks". I really wanted one of these (silvers, golds, bronzes, browns, etc.) but I literally couldn't make up my mind on a color. Beneath that we have "INTENSIFeye" which are "high drama shadow sticks". If you are a color lover, you have got to check these out. There are two gorgeous shades of blue, neon pinks and greens and a deep purple. Again, colors you'd see from Make Up Forever, not the drugstore! Beneath those, you can sort of the display for "Eye for an Eye" which are double-ended eyeliner pencils. I was tempted by a gorgeous blue/silver pencil and another bronze/gold, but I refrained...for now.



Here are the "Walk the Line" liquid liners. All of the colors are either metallic or glitter and each shade is prettier than the next.



Here are some twist-up jumbo glitter pencils called "Glitz Sticks."

And of course who can forget what Hard Candy is known for: the nail polish!



These look pretty much identical to the Hard Candy nail polish packaging from back in the day! Some of these shades are round-glitters and others are shimmers, with not too many creams.



And here is one of four different types of eyeshadow. Some of these shadows come with a mini black pencil liner while others come with a mini tube of eyeshadow primer.

I think that's it for the pics I took today, but I know I didn't get closeups of everything--sorry about that but it was all just waaaaay too overwhelming!

My initial impressions so far: Lots of innovative new products in unique, adorable, original packaging. The colors in this range are mind-blowing and they even make a neutral, earthtone-loving girl like myself go weak in the knees!

OK, on to what I bought!!

I'm not going to talk about these in detail here--I'll save that for my future reviews. So check back soon because I will definitely review everything that I bought!















WHEW! OK, I have to take a break now. I'll review one or two of these little gems tomorrow. In the meantime, if you've made it this far, tell me what you're interested in! Are you as excited about Hard Candy as I am?
SHARE:

33 comments

  1. I honestly had no idea the product line was going to be that extensive. I'm looking forward to your reviews and will totally be keeping an eye out the next time I get to Wally World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize they were going to have such an extensive product line either! Another blogger (I can't remember who) had described the upcoming product line, but she hadn't mentioned that there would be THIS MANY goodies!

    WOW. Thank you so much for all of the pictures. I had written off Hard Candy, but now that I've seen your pictures, I'm going to save up a bit of cash for a Hard Candy haul at Walmart! (Hopefully my Walmart will get the products soon...)

    I can't wait to hear what you think of the products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news! But now I have to go to Wal-Mart. I hope they have styley brow pencil. I'm hanging on to the very last one ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post!!! i want all the eyeshadows and liners, but i really can't buy stuff right now...yeesh haha. i think i might try the "wet juicy" lip liner sticks even tho they're not my usual cup'o'tea haha. also i NEED the concealer palette, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Walmart here (I haven't gone to the slightly farther away one yet, maybe next weekend) doesn't have it yet. After seeing these pics though, I'm oddly not as excited for it. The fortunue gloss is pretty much a repackaged Kiss + Tell gloss, which was ickily plastic -- so hopefully the formula is better!

    I was excited for the eye candies, hoping they were like the old eye candies, but not so much. The heavy metal shadow sticks sound nice though.

    And I'm not sure about the polishes -- I've had very mixed feelings about Hard Candy polishes in the past, so I think I'll wait to see what others say first!

    Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOA! There tons & tons.
    I can't wait until I see it here.
    We get things sooooo late though... booo. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is certainly worth ohh-ahh-ing about :-) I wouldn't know what to get if I were there. Glad you found them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. now i am positively salivating to get my grubby little paws on these. naturally i want all the crazy, unsafe-for-work colours! ahhhhhhaaahhhhhhhhhh!
    thanks for the pictures and descriptions. i can make a little list before i shop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you're so lucky!! ♥
    Untouched & not tampered with by other people... wow!! :D

    I hope our wal-mart gets it soon... but the one here is pretty ghetto :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! I haven't been to Wal-Mart in ages. Perhaps I may have to take a short trip. Thanks so much for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy CRAP! That is insane. Everything looks so fun and cute and the packaging is what's going to suck me in, I'm sure. Great post - thanks for sharing everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm definitely excited about Hard Candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey yogagrrl! I know...I knew they were going to offer a variety of products but I never dreamt that they'd give us THIS much stuff. It's so overwhelming that even though I was there for two hours taking it all in, I STILL managed to miss taking pics of some of the products. lol.

    Hey Marilyn! I know, it's crazy, right? Well the good thing is that you won't have to save up for long since most of these products are only 5 or 6 bucks a piece. That's the best part about it, to me. Can't wait to hear what you get! :)

    Hey Natalie! Thank you!! xo

    Hi Hilari--I'm not a Walmart shopper myself, but I just had to check out this line because I was such a big fan of Hard Candy polishes back in the day. :)

    Hey Kellie! Well it was your review of that darn mascara that has me wanting to go back TODAY. lol!! xo

    Hey Papayabunny! I'm sorry you seem disappointed by this new collection. :( I think I only had one gloss from their original collection (and it was in the ice cube-type packaging) and I think a glitter eyeliner pencil and maybe an eyeshadow single (and of course several nail polishes). And what's funny is that my experience THEN was that the products felt cheap for being at Nordstrom. Now, at least in terms of what I purchased, the products seen to be of higher quality than I remember (and waaaaay cuter packaging). Crazy! Oh well...everyone's experience is different. I'm just sorry you're not as excited as I am about it, but I understand. I still can't get over those chopstick liners...the colors! lol. Maybe you just have to see 'em in person.

    Hey Rai! Seriously, you should call your walmart every day to see if they've got it yet. I bet you it's just going to be a matter of days until you see it! :)

    Hey Halifax! I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. I was thinking of you when I was taking them and I actually said to myself, "I better get a close-up of those baked shadows for Halifax!!" lol! :)

    Hey beautifulmonday! Oh believe me, I want to go back and get MY grubby little paws on even more of these goodies. lol. Can't wait to hear what you get. xo

    Hey Siluet! Thank you for sharing my excitement about having access to clean, untouched makeup! lol!! I'm glad someone else understands. xo

    Hey Cassie! I'm right there with you. Before this Hard Candy thing, I hadn't been to Walmart in a few years myself. But the temptation of these products was just too much...lol! :)

    Hey MeredithElaine! Oh yes, the packaging is amazing. You have to see it in person to really appreciate it. It doesn't photograph nearly as cute as it really is...trust me. You need to get yourself some. Now. lol! xo

    Phyrra! OMG I sooooo thought of you when I first saw the neon yellow chopstick liner, and then when I saw both the foiled and high impact shadow sticks I was like, "Oh the looks that Phyrra could create with these babies!" I literally cannot wait to see what you can do with these colors! Hurry and get some, will ya? lol. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhhhh, girl, you've made so many lemmings in my head. I've been diligently avoiding my Walmart's HC display, because I know I'm going to want to go crazy, and I can't! And now this....I feel faint! Must. Be. Strong!

    That said, all that stuff looks SO AWESOME! I can't wait to try something. I'm ticked because my Walmart has no HC nail polish! I swear, the stores around here are so weird. I can't tell you how many times I've read bloggers raving about a product that can be found in a Walgreens, Dollar Tree, or Walmart, and of course mine don't have it! :( Makes me sad. I still haven't seen hide nor hair of that Carla Di Romo stuff, and I want some SO bad! :(

    Anyhoo, thanks for the pic eye candy! Or torture, for me, as it were. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yep

    I heard about Hard Candy made a come back, never try the brand before though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Thanks for such an in-depth look. My WM didn't have it as of yesterday.

    I am so excited about this line!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are really exciting stuff. I hope my local walmart carries it. I really hope they do.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, you're so sweet thinking of me. Yep, the close up was great, lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the photos, I'm gonna go on the hunt for these tomorrow. They are so super pretty! Oooooh I want!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm afraid to even look at the HC display at WalMart for fear that I'll spend lots and lots. Oh who am I trying to kid...I'm so checking these out ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey ladies! I'm glad you all seem as excited as I am about these. I know that a lot of you are trying to save money and avoid even looking at these new products (who can blame you? They're beyond tempting!) but if you can't resist the temptation, at least you know that you can pick up one item for around $5. So just pace yourselves and don't be like me and buy everything you want all at once. It's not going anywhere! You can buy one product per month! lol. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. What? Hard Candy is being sold at Wal-Mart? This is all new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. PRIMERS! Don't forget to review the primers especially the EYE PRIMER. THANKS! I can't wait for all the MAC dupe reports to come out lol!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Fabuless Beauty! Yep. Definitely check them out--they're all pretty amazing! :)

    Hey Anon! Don't you worry--I am testing these primers as I write this and will write a detailed review of both. :) Also, funny that you mention MAC dupes because I just posted my lipstick review and there's a definitely a MAC dupe there. xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG! Do you know if Hard Candy will be coming to Canadian Wal-marts?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Kendra! I'm so sorry, but I don't know. I don't have a contact at Hard Candy and as I write this, their website isn't up and running and they aren't on Twitter. So, unfortunately, I have no way of finding out if/when these will make their way to Canada. If I hear something I'll definitely let all you Canadian lovelies know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cant believe how cute the Hard Candy range is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh my goodness! i'm so out of the loop haha this is exciting!:) i've always loved their nail polish. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey CD! I know, the selection is totally out of control, isn't it? :)

    Hey BJL! I know! It was incredibly difficult to narrow down my purchase, and even then I still bought so much stuff because the curiosity was overwhelming. lol. :)

    Hi Blurbage! I am so glad I could get you "up to date" on the Hard Candy launch! I hope you enjoy the line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm beyond excited about this. Once upon a time, I had a Hard Candy eye shadow set called "Chameleon". I'd be thrilled to find some of the colors from that set again.

    ReplyDelete
  31. i realize that this post is waay old but i found this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hard-Candy-Hall-Of-Fame-Train-Case/17217694#BVSecondaryCustomerRatings

    as i was reading this article. thought you might like to pass it on.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig