Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, March 19, 2009

Who wants smooth, shiny, soft hair?


I do! I do! And I know just how to get it:

Giovanni Direct Leave-In Weightless Moisture Conditioner

If you've never heard of the Giovanni brand, you may want to listen up. Until recently, their products were only available via websites such as drugstore.com. In recent months, I've seen their products pop up in retail stores such as Rite-Aid, CVS, Long's Drugs, and Target. The crown jewel in their line (in my humble opinion) is their leave-in conditioner, which I have only spotted at Long's Drugs and Target.

This company prides itself on all-natural haircare, offering shampoos without SLS (sodium laurel sulfate) and conditioners without parabens. Their leave-in conditioner is chock full of great ingredients such as rosemary, thyme, nettle, birch leaf, chamomile, lavender, vitamin E and pro-vitamin B. It is a staple that I have used every day for about 5 years now, and I literally wouldn't leave my house without it in my hair. Here's why:

An 8.5 oz bottle costs about $8 and it lasts me about 6 months. You only need a pea size amount if you have short to medium hair. Since my hair is bordering on long, I use two pea-size amounts. Let me say right here that I do NOT use this product as my sole conditioner. I still use a traditional rinse-out conditioner because I like to think of this product as more a styling product than an actual conditioner. That said: After my usual routine of shampoo and conditioner, I apply this to my wet hair right after the shower by rubbing it on my hands first, then in my hair from the roots to the ends. I then comb (or brush) it through and style as usual. What I'm left with is frizzless, shiny, bouncy hair that isn't sticky, weighed down, greasy, oily, or heavy. It's soft, but not fly-away soft. I can style it (if I choose) or I can let it air-dry to my hair's naturally wavy state. Either way, it looks far more polished and healthy than if I had just used my standard shampoo and conditioner alone.

If you are already a leave-in conditioner fan, I highly suggest giving this product a shot. And if you're not a leave-in conditioner person but find your current shampoo and conditioner a little lacking, this may be just the product for you. But remember: Less is more. If you're used to putting a quarter-size dollop of styling product in your hair, don't use that measurement with this product, otherwise it will feel heavy, and you'll think I'm a liar :)
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Going to buy this ASAP!!! I have PMSy hair (it's very moody) and need a new shampoo to try. I've been debating on which way to go, and now I'm going to have to try this set! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this product solely on your review, and I LOVE it! I've been using it for over a week now, and I can't help but tell EVERY single woman who is in my life about it and they all love it as well!! This is amazing and I will continue to buy it until I can't ever find it again! AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay: OMG, I just saw your comment and I am SOOOO HAPPY that this product is working for you! Even though I wrote this review over a year ago, I still ADORE this leave-in and use it on a regular basis. So thank you thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. Cheers to "good hair days" for you and all the other women in your life! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig