Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, November 18, 2016

Sephora Black Friday 2016 Preview (with Tips for Newbies)


I know you don't want to read through a bunch of stuff right now because we're all eager to see and talk about this much-anticipated preview, so I'll save all my tips and advice for newbies for the very end. Let's do this!

The following Sephora Black Friday deals will go live on the Sephora website at roughly 9PM Pacific on Thanksgiving (11/24) and you KNOW I will post here on my blog and on social media the moment I see that they're live. These deals will also be available in-store unless they say ONLINE ONLY in the item listings below.

  • Tarte Intro to Tarte Deluxe Discovery Set - $10 ($39 value)
  • Ole Henriksen Try Us, Love Us! On-the-Glow Essentials - $15 ($29 value)
  • Make Up For Ever Arist Palette Vol 2 Artistic - $25 ($136 value)
  • Clean Reserve Rollerball Layering Trio Ornament - $10 ($24 value)

  • Sephora Collection The Delicate Eyeshadow Palette - $10
  • Nest Eau de Parfum Travel Spray Trio - $12 ($47 value)
  • Living Proof Style Lab Kit - $10 ($18 value)
  • Milk Makeup Headliner Makeup Set - $25

NOTE: for anyone saying, "But the Nest trio was only $10 last year!" I want to point out that this year's trio contains spray bottles that appear to be a bit bigger than the 2014 and 2015 rollerball trios that were $10.

  • Philosophy Purity Made Simple 12 oz. - $15
  • Too Faced Better Than Sex Lash On and Melt Off Set - $10 ($22 value)
  • Sephora Collection Essential Rose Skin Trio - $10 ($18 value)
  • ONLINE ONLY Urban Decay Makeup Lockdown Travel Duo - $19

NOTE: I know a lot of people were quite upset last year that Sephora didn't offer the Philosophy $10 Purity Made Simple (it was only available in Canada), so I'm happy to see it back again this year, even at $15. This is a 12 oz. bottle, which is not a size that they normally sell. For perspective, the 8 oz. Purity retails for $24 and the 16 oz. Purity retails for $36. So 12 oz. for $15 is still a great deal, even though this size was $10 for Black Friday 2014. I'm prepared for some of you to disagree with me though, and that's perfectly OK!

  • Origins Cult Faves - $18
  • ONLINE ONLY Josie Maran Infinite Argan Enlightenment Duo - $12 ($23 value)
  • Tocca Simply Chic Set - $10 ($23 value)
  • ONLINE ONLY Tarte Pretty Little Lippies Set - $10 ($20 value)

  • Alterna Haircare Caviar Volume Trio Kit - $10 
  • ONLINE ONLY Cover FX Radiant Skin Duo - $10 ($16 value)
  • bareMinerals You're Brilliant All Over Face Color & Brush Duo - $10 ($32 value)
  • Clinique Take It All Off Duo - $10

NOTE: I suspect that this Clinique duo is going to sell out pretty quickly, since we rarely see travel size Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm offers--especially at this price.

  • Murad Bright Beginning Environmental Shield - $20
  • ONLINE ONLY Urban Decay After Dark Travel Pencil Set - $19
  • ONLINE ONLY Clean Rollerball Layering Trio - $10 ($24 value)
  • Philosophy The Microdelivery Detoxifying Oxygen Peel - $15

  • Buxom License to Chill 3 Piece Eye & Lip Collection - $10
  • ONLINE ONLY Clarisonic Radiance Renewing Duo - $15
  • First Aid Beauty FAB Holiday Trio - $20 ($32 value)
  • Devacurl Ultra Moisture Sampler Kit - $12 ($24 value)

  • Jack Black Clean Start - $15
  • ONLINE ONLY Murad Polish, Plump and Protect - $20 ($36 value)
  • Sephora Collection Perfect & Cleanse: Sponge Trio and Cleanser Set - $15 ($34 value)
  • ONLINE ONLY Philosophy Amazing Grace & Pure Grace Mini Travel Set - $20 ($32 value)

So I know what you're thinking and you're right. Historically, the Sephora Black Friday deals have always been $10 each (every single deal). And this year...they are not all $10 each. I don't know what to tell you about that. Mr. G hates the saying "It is what it is" but he's never going to read this so I'm going to go ahead and say it: It is what it is. 

Moving on! I think there are some nice deals this year (you can see last year's deals here if you want to do a quick comparison), but I'm surprised they didn't offer any Smashbox, Caudalie, or Boscia deals again this year. I guess they had to make room for newer brands like Milk? Who knows. But there's still Cyber Monday, so don't lose hope just yet!

TIPS FOR NEWBIES:

If this is your first time shopping the Sephora Black Friday Deals, and you're interested in getting anything above, here are a few tips:

1) Be prepared to make your purchases as close to the start date of the sale as possible (start refreshing your browser at around 8:45PM Pacific on Thanksgiving night). Because the more popular sets tend to sell out more quickly. I'm not saying that they will this time around, but they have in the past. Other sets may stick around even after Black Friday, but some will not. This is just advice you should take if you like to play it safe.

2) Now is the time to subscribe to Sephora Flash if you do not already have it (or you're not VIB Rouge, in which case you already qualify free shipping on all orders). For $10 a year, you get unlimited free shipping on all orders for one year, so it pays for itself after two orders. Why am I begging you to sign up for this now? Because Sephora will no doubt entice us with special deluxe freebie codes during this event, which you'll be able to get when you spend $25+. So you can break up your orders and get even more deluxe freebies versus spending $50 just to get to free shipping and only get one deluxe freebie. Plus, trust me when I say that you'll want the free shipping for Cyber Monday, pre-Christmas promos and after-Christmas sales. And all year around, if you see something you want on the sale page, you don't have to worry about spending $50.

I hope this helps a bit, and please do let me know what you think of this year's Black Friday deals in the comments below!
SHARE:

60 comments

  1. While there are a few things I'm eyeing (Sephora Rose Skincare Trio & Clean Reserve Rollerballs) a few things are irking me here:

    1. That Make Up For Ever palette has been on clearance at sephora.com for several months. They recently took it down, but if I remember correctly, it was around $32 on clearance. I don't really like them using Black Friday as a way to clear out old stock. Sneaky.

    2. The Urban Decay set is very similar to the one that was available last year for $10, except it's nearly twice the price.

    3. Same as above with the Origins mask set. Last year you got 3 of the same size tube for $10. This year, one extra costs $8 more?

    I understand brands not wanting to detract from their "luxury" image by letting stuff go for super cheap, but meh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree.

      It looks like a bunch of samples made into sets and charge $10-$20 dollars for that.

      Delete
    2. Can't agree more. It has been quite underwhelming, this year's ad. I want to try a couple of sets at the most. Hopefully Cyber Monday will see better deals.

      Delete
    3. I agree too... Ulta actually offers deals on regular-line/full size products!

      Delete
  2. Ok you just made me SO EXCITED FOR BLACK FRIDAY! I never do anything for Black Friday but I want to go shopping and go out do some stuff this year and I had no idea Sephora was gonna have such good deals ������ this will be my first year Black Friday shopping so ill definitely be reading your blog 3-4x a day until Black Friday is actually here �� & also I thought Sephora Flash was 10$ every year?(X if it is then I'm gettting it!!! ALOT of these would be amazing gifts(: + them mobile offers give me life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies for the typo (I fixed it). It is definitely $10 a YEAR, not a month. I have been subscribed for two years now. :) This is what I get for writing this blog post at 2AM (right after writing the Ulta one)! Thanks so much.

      Delete
  3. Hi G. Thanks for the post. One correction though: sephora flash is 10 a year, not a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies for the typo (I fixed it). Yes, definitely $10 a YEAR, not a month. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  4. I'm not super impressed this year! Not as much makeup as I would prefer and nothing that I'm like "I have to get it!" My choices are Tarte (maybe), Murad vitamin c and maybe Philosophy. Black Friday is bummin' me out this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There actually isn't much here that I find irresistible. That's a good thing actually because I tend to get in trouble with Sephora this time of year. ;) I'll grab the Tocca set, but that's all that got my attention (other than the Buxom which is too dark for me - bummer!).

    Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh!! Just woke up to this. I think the deals are decent at least for the items I want. I don't feel disappointed at all. I just adore the little sets and they will keep me going for a while. I picked out 7, maybe 8 things I would like to purchase. I will try to purchase everything online and then go to the store to see what is going on there. I am glad to see different brands offered this year. I can't say for sure where I will be at midnight (est) probably the outlet, but I will be ready. Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. $10 a year for free shipping, not a month :-) I know it's a typo because I've seen you post about this all the time, but new readers might not know. Thanks for all the info! I got my wallet set on a couple of things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I blame my typo on trying to write this at 2AM! :)

      Delete
  8. Nothing exciting here for me, which I guess is good in one way just because I've been spending so much $ on makeup lately. Hopefully Cyber Monday will bring some different and better items.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many deals! My wallet is screaming out in pain! FYI, you mentioned in the Flash advice section that it's $10 a month...oops! I'd hate for someone to not sign up, thinking that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies for the typo (I fixed it). Thanks so much!

      Delete
  10. You will spend $10 on Sephora Flash once, and be able to have free two day shipping for a year""""
    You put that you'll have to pay monthly haha. I am SOOOO excited for a few sets this year, however there isn't a free standing Sephora for a few hours away from me so the Sephora Flash is a must for me. Good luck everyone, the hunger game are arriving soon haha. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies for the typo (I fixed it). It is definitely $10 a YEAR, not a month. I have been subscribed for two years now. :) This is what I get for writing this blog post at 2AM (right after writing the Ulta one)! Thanks so much.

      Delete
  11. I hate to say this but I may have reached a point of saturation with subscription boxes and samples. The only deals that look appealing are the Sephora Rose Skin Trio and the Buxom depending on which colors are included. I guess that saves more money for later :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm safe!! For now anyway......nothing excites me this year from this preview. I must be sick because the goings on at Ulta this weekend have me like meh. As well. I am usually all jacked up over the deals to be had but tbis year I am just about done Christmas shopping so maybe that's why i seem so "blah" now. Don't think i wont be out on Black Friday though!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg... Sooo many things I really want! This is looking way better than Ulta.. My poor wallet! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really shouldn't have spent so much during the VIB sale. I wasn't thinking ahead to Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Y'all pray for my wallet. :(
    I really want to pick up the Purity cleanser, Nest Spray trio (hate roller balls), Too Faced mascara duo, Clinique take the day off set (love the cleansing balm and anything tiny) and the Origins Cult Faves.
    I've never participated in Black Friday for beauty purchases, I usually just purchase winter clothes, boots and gifts. So I'm rather excited to see these decently priced sets. :) Thanks G!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't see anything that I would like to buy. Im more excited for the Nordstrom specials. I can't wit for those.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could be wrong, but I think Sephora Flash shipping is $10 per YEAR, not per MONTH. I have it and love it, but you have to spend at least $5. I found that out the hard way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies for the typo (I fixed it). It is definitely $10 a YEAR, not a month. I have been subscribed for two years now. :) This is what I get for writing this blog post at 2AM (right after writing the Ulta one)! Thanks so much.

      Delete
  17. Thank you so much for posting this! I was dying to know what they were this year! I'm going to try to get both tarte kits and the Ole kit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel like I'm the only person disappointed by these offers. Hardly any lip or eye makeup, all neutrals, bleah.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for this awesome post! I work at Sephora and all the shipment boxes arrived yesterday. We weren't allowed to dive into them yet so this is the first I've seen of these deals. I am excited for several of these!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Has it finally come to this point, where I don't want or need anything from Sephoras Black Friday deals this year. This is a sign that I've got way too much stuff already and since I do Sephora play I have a ton of deluxe items already. I expected better deals, but I might be biased because I get so much during the year. Thanks for all you do, the product junkie in me really appreciates it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies for the typo (I fixed it). It is definitely $10 a YEAR, not a month. I have been subscribed for two years now. :) This is what I get for writing this blog post at 2AM (right after writing the Ulta one)! Thanks so much.

      Delete
  22. Great tips, G. I've been holding off on flash because I always buy enough for free shipping and for some reason did not want to spend the $10 for flash but since I'll be VIB through the end of next year I will. Plus I love the tip about using flash to separate your orders at get more deluxe samples! ��

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sephora Flash is $10 a month or $10 a year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies for the typo (I fixed it). It is definitely $10 a YEAR, not a month. I have been subscribed for two years now. :) This is what I get for writing this blog post at 2AM (right after writing the Ulta one)! Thanks so much.

      Delete
  24. Sephora Flash is $10/yr. I had it last year but let it lapse. Great point on using it to get as many freebies at you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies for the typo (I fixed it). It is definitely $10 a YEAR, not a month. I have been subscribed for two years now. :) This is what I get for writing this blog post at 2AM (right after writing the Ulta one)! Thanks so much.

      Delete
  25. You're post is soooo informative. These are exactly the tips I needed as a sephora Black Friday newbie! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Is Sephora Flash $10 for one year, or $10 per month for one year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies for the typo (I fixed it). It is definitely $10 a YEAR, not a month. I have been subscribed for two years now. :) This is what I get for writing this blog post at 2AM (right after writing the Ulta one)! Thanks so much.

      Delete
  27. I'm super upset there's no $10 UD pencil trios this year! $19 is how much they sold this set earlier this year so it's not worthy of a BF sale at all

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey G.-

    Thanks in advance for posting these and all the other Black Friday/ Cyber Monday/ Holiday sales/deals. I know that it is a lot of work and hopefully you'll be able to get some sleep after Thanksgiving (until it's time for the Christmas sales!). Maybe Mr. G can treat his lovely lady to a well earned vacation.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, thank you so very, very much for the incredibly sweet comment. You have no idea how grateful I am for that. We are DEFINITELY planning to get away after this holiday season is over. I will most certainly need it (and so will Mr. G since I'm horrible to live with during this time of year! Haha). xoxo

      Delete
  29. Is this all the deals there will be for Sephora? Bit disappointed... :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. Do you think the Too Faced palette that is exclusive to this year's Black Friday sale would launch at 9pm? I think I'll pick up the Josie Maran set and the Ole Henriksen set.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, I tried to stay away from here, but I could not. I miss you!

    The Tarte Pretty Little Lippies is the same price, but sold out on the tartecosmetics.com website.

    Thanks for the in on the Flash deal idea at Sephora. Since I am probably cancelling my Allure Beauty Box next month, I don't feel ripped off. xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks G for the great post and spending your time up till 2am! This is my first Sephora black friday. I am now going to subscribe to the $10 flash! I am eyeing on the Clarisonic Radiance renewal duo set, does seem like a good deal? I saw there was a similar deal, but only one brush for $10. Really need to replace the 5 year old brush head! (I didn't kNow we suppose to change the brush every couple months. )

    ReplyDelete
  33. Didn't they have that MUFE palette on sale for awhile there? I know the third one is on there now, but I could've sworn I've seen that there. Anyway, making my list now! At this rate I'll hit VIB Rouge before the end of the year. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ya, there is not really a single thing that I want. A lot of skin care, which is great if you are in the market for that stuff, but I'm set on skincare. I'll still be checking when it goes up in case they were sneaky this year and there are other sets that are not in the preview. I hope there is better stuff for cyber Monday. More makeup hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  35. First of all, thank you for your roundup and all your blog posts! I really appreciate all the time you take to do this! I've been ch checking your blog everyday for deals and I always use your links!! =) Being a real newbie to the Sephora Black Friday deals, I was wondering are most of the sets deluxe sample sizes? Or regular sizes? I'm really interested in the Tarte set with the blush, the Milk set, and the Too Faced mascara set. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  36. The only thing I'm excited to get is the Clarisonic Radiance brush head. I always stock up on brush heads on black friday between Sephora and Ulta since they are a bit pricey. Everything else i can live without

    ReplyDelete
  37. On Sephora's app, they said that there will be some app only deals on the 23rd. Maybe those will be more exciting?

    ReplyDelete
  38. Just an FYI, I got the same size take the day off for 100 points. I also just picked up the Kat von D travel size lipstick and nail polish at Marshall's for 2.99. They were on clearance at Sephora online for 7.50 last week I got 3 different colors. Poe, Coven and a pink( can't recall name at the moment).

    ReplyDelete
  39. Mostly interested in the fragrance offerings! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks, G! I saw some great gifts for our daughter & nieces. I may pick an item for me as well.
    Wishlist ng you some quality rest breaks in between hectic moments that holidays always bring. Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  41. wonder if Sephora will cancel my order if I buy more than one Clarisonic Radiance brush head?

    ReplyDelete
  42. Maybe this has been addressed before, but can you put the items in your cart now and then purchase when the price goes down? Or are they not even available for purchase until BF?

    ReplyDelete
  43. do the tarte sets tend to sell out quick?

    ReplyDelete
  44. Yeah most of these are ripoffs as far as BF deals go...I know you acknowledged it and it really...is what it is, but I'm annoyed about it!! They sell some of this stuff at the same price throughout the year, and the way they're pricing it now is such a big price hike for the same stuff that there's no way I'm restocking on anything from them.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Well its after midnight on the west coast and the sale still has not gone live.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig