Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, July 21, 2016

Unboxing: Target July Beauty Boxes


I've been covering the Target Beauty Boxes since before they were boxes. Many of you might not remember back in 2010-ish when Target sporadically offered beauty BAGS like this one, which were absolutely free (no charge at all). I have witnessed the evolution of these boxes from the very beginning all the way up to where we are today, which is why it was surprising to me that both of the July boxes remained in stock for so long (we have literally never seen that happen before). The Simply Radiant Box is now officially out of stock, but the Fresh & Fabulous box is still in stock as of the time of this post, if you still wanted to grab it.

For the Target Beauty Boxes to remain in stock for three weeks can only mean one thing: Target significantly increased their inventory this time around. I have no communication with Target and I'm certainly not privy to how they order or manage their inventory. This is just a very educated guess based on my experience with these boxes over the past several years, as well as the fact that I used to work in the inventory department of a large corporation (absolutely unrelated to Target and unrelated to the beauty industry in general). I could go on and on about this but then you'd all fall asleep. I'm just happy that these boxes stayed in stock for so long, and I hope this is a new trend with these boxes moving forward!

Now on to the unboxings:


Target July 2016 Fresh & Fabulous Box

This box retails for $7 + free shipping and it is still in stock exclusively on the Target website HERE. Per Target, this box has a retail value of "nearly $30". 



Contents:
  • (Travel Size) Tom’s of Maine Antiplaque & Whitening Toothpaste in Peppermint
  • (Travel Size) Dove Regenerative Nourishment Shampoo & Conditioner 
  • (Travel Size) Garnier Clearly Brighter SPF Moisturizer
  • (3 Single Packets) SweetSpot On-the-Go Natural, pH-balanced Feminine Wipes
  • (Full-Size) Umberto Beverly Hills Lifting Powder
  • (Full-Size) NYX Butter Lipstick
The full-size Umberto product retails for $11.99 and the full-size NYX product retails for $5.99. so right there you're already well over the price of the entire box ($7). For information about all of the products in this box, CLICK HERE









The NYX Butter Lipstick shade I received is BLS11 (Licorice). Per Target, shades may vary so don't 100% count on getting this shade if you order this box.





Target July 2016 Simply Radiant Box

This box retails for $7 + free shipping and it is now out of stock. You can check the listing HERE. Per Target, this box has a retail value of "nearly $30". 



Contents:
  • (Travel Size) L’OrĂ©al Paris Advanced Haircare Color Vibrancy Nourishing Shampoo & Conditioner
  • (Travel-Size) Derma E Firming DMAE Eye Lift 
  • (Travel Size) Acure Organics Facial Cleansing Gel
  • (Travel Size) Aquaphor Healing Ointment
  • (Full-size) Dessange Paris Purifying Clay Balancing Shampoo
  • (Full-size) Wet n Wild Max Fanatic Mascara

The full-size Dessange product retails for $9.99 and the full-size Wet n Wild product retails for $4.99. so right there you're already well over the price of the entire box ($7). For information about all of the products in this box, CLICK HERE





It was hard to photograph the reflective gold band on the bottle so if the photo above looks weird, that's because it was outside of my lightbox, in low lighting. Anway, as you can see, this shampoo is formulated "for oily roots and dry ends" which is my EXACT hair type. I NEVER see products at the drugstore formulated for these two issues (in the same bottle) so I cannot wait to try this shampoo!

Here's a little backstory about the Dessange brand, in case this brand is new to you:







Did you order one or both of these boxes this time around? Thoughts? I wasn't super excited about these boxes when I ordered them but, now that I have them, I am very happy with the contents and I feel like I'll use just about everything in both boxes! 

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I'm actually loving the Target boxes more than the Sephora ones! Thinking of canceling Sephora...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just canceled my Sephora box, and I don't regret it! I felt like I was paying $10 for samples I could have received for free somewhere else!

      Delete
    2. Also cancelled my sephora box after 3 months. Its not worth it getting teeny tiny samples for $10! I would rather save my cash!

      Delete
    3. Canceled my Sephora Play as well. Ipsy bit the dust last month. The Target boxes are the only beauty boxes that I've been consistently happy with and the only ones I'll be buying in the future. I'm over the beauty box phase thank god!

      Delete
  2. John Frieda used to make a shampoo for oily roots and dry ends and I haven't found a good replacement since they discontinued it, so I'm kind of regretting not getting the box with the Dessange...I hope it works for you! The demand for the boxes this time around seemed a lot lower; I saw a lot of people on blogs and reddit saying they usually get the boxes but not this time. I get the boxes maybe half the time and really wasn't tempted by anything besides the Dessange but I'm all stocked up on shampoo right now and couldn't justify it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I normally buy every box, sometimes two, but neither box interested me for the first time ever! I read many comments stating the same. I personally think that's why they stayed in stock so long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now I'm kind of sad I missed these boxes - I'm interesting in more than I thought I would be! Will you be doing reviews of the products? Because I love your reviews and I need to know how the shampoo works since I too am cursed with an oily scalp and dry ends. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got both of the boxes and while I was a little "meh" about the Fresh & Fabulous box, the Radiance box was worth it for the Dessange shampoo alone. My hair is exactly the type it is formulated for (oily roots/dry ends) and on the thin, very fine side to boot. I used the shampoo the day after I got it and I'm in love, it made my hair feel amazing. I already know I'll be repurchasing when I'm through with it, and that alone makes the box worth it. Although I also love pretty much every Acure product I've ever tried, and I've had some good luck with DermaE as well, so there's that. Overall it was definitely a good one. The Fresh & Fabulous box wasn't nearly as good, but it wasn't really bad either, it just didn't have a whole lot of products that got me excited. I'm sure I'll use at least some of them, so I don't feel like I wasted my money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would like to note that dessange purifying balancing shampoo has dimethicome as 5th ingredient which is no way balancing and purifying, it was the first time my scalp felt itchy and I washed my hair earlier than usually, so shampoo is a huge disappointment for me, this is what happens when you once in a lifetime trust the manufacturer and don't check the ingredients list! Shame on you Dessange for this formulation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I passed this time, this is confirmation I made the right choice

    ReplyDelete
  8. These boxes were underwhelming for me as well but I still got both. I'm hoping next month's are better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I passed this time as well. I don't have any remorse. I tend to look forward more to the makeup choices and that NYX lipstick is a color I could never wear. Glad you are liking yours G!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had passed on both boxes as well..

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Mascara is AhMazing. I wish I had received that shade of the lipstick, mine is not at all flattering for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got both boxes. I gave the shampoo and lipstick to my cousin who told me she returned them at Target( and got a 17.50) credit. As if!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was so confused as to what those towelettes were for. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It never crossed my mind they were feminine hygiene!

      Delete
  14. Well I got too excited and ordered in the nite after sale started. I'm a nite owl. Even with sleeping med. which may have been my problem. I got two of each. But I'm not mad at all. I will use probably all of it. Def great price for the shampoo. I really enjoy them. I checked them out before days before. Hence the nite owl order. Lol. I'm such a sucker for free products I will figure out a way to use it all. Not picky at all with products. My be in experience but I love do try all kinds of products. Haven't really formed an opinion on a lot products unless really bad. I'm easy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I purchased the Simply Radiant box and absolutely LOVE the Dessange shampoo and Wet & Wild mascara, I've been wearing it every day since.
    But what I love even more is the Acure cleansing gel!!!! I had never heard of this brand, but saw it was catered to oily skin individuals so I gave it a try and fell in love. I refuse to use any other cleanser on my skin now.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig