Before I get into this unboxing, I want to make it clear that this box is no longer available (it was available HERE for Prime members only when I first posted about it back on May 17th, but it has not yet gone back in stock; I don't know if it will). I'm sharing this unboxing for two reasons: 1) I thought that those of you who didn't order it might want to see what we got and 2) I want to have a record of this box that we can refer to if/when Amazon does another beauty box.
Now that we have that out of the way, this box retailed for $9.99 + free shipping, and when you purchased this box, you received a credit for the full purchase price ($9.99) in your Amazon account, to be used toward a purchase on this page (only that page, and only products on that page that are shipped and sold by Amazon). If you purchased this box, you have until 12/31/16 to use your credit. I'm still debating on what to get, by the way--I haven't used my credit yet.
So let's take a look at this box:
First of all, the box is kind of cute with a little makeup-themed graphic printed on the outside. There is no inner box--the shipping box is the only box.
Inside, this is the first thing you see. There's a URL leading you to the Amazon Beauty page (again, this box is no longer in stock as of the time of this post).
Some of the items in this box were a little banged up, but the outer packaging was the only thing that suffered any minor damage--none of the actual products were damaged.
First, here are the makeup products in this box:
- Deluxe sample L'Oreal Lumi Cushion Foundation in W3 (this is the same sample that was in the June 2016 Target beauty box, by the way)
- Full-size Mineral Fusion Mascara in Graphite (retail: $12.69 at Amazon) (UPDATE: thanks to reader Clarisse below for confirming that she received a deluxe sample of this mascara, not full-size. Looking at the original listing again, we were only supposed to receive a deluxe sample, so I'm not sure why I received a full-size tube. Perhaps they ran out of the deluxe samples and sent certain customers a full-size tube instead?)
- Full-size L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara in Black (retail: $5.59 as an add-on item at Amazon)
- Full-size L'Oreal Brow Stylist Sculptor in Brunette (retail: $5.50 at Amazon)
So before we even get to the haircare items, this box is already worth more than the retail price of the box ($9.99).
A closer look at the Lumi Cushion Foundation sample--you get a little sponge in one pod and the foundation in the other pod.
And here's the Mineral Fusion Mascara unboxed--I put it next to the L'Oreal mascara just so you can see that it's full-size.
And here are the haircare products:
- Travel-size Garnier Whole Blends Honey Treasures Shampoo and Conditioner (I'm SUPER excited to have received these since I didn't have luck with Green Apple & Green Tea products, and many of you told after I posted my review of those products that you thought I should try the honey line!)
- Travel-size Black Miracle Hair Treatment
- Foil packets of Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner
And here's a closer look at the Black Miracle Hair Treatment unboxed.
FINAL THOUGHTS: I knew going into this that my options for how to use my credit were limited, so that's not a disappointment by any means. That said, what IS a minor disappointment to me is that some of the items in this box are not available for purchase with said credit. For example, the only listing for the L'Oreal Brow Stylist Sculptor on the designated page is this listing and the item is not sold and shipped by Amazon, therefore it's ineligible. I think that the purpose of a sample box is to try products you may like and want to buy again, so not having that option for use with this credit is sort of a bummer. However, the overall value of this box was great even if there had not been a full credit reimbursement, so I cannot complain and I certainly wouldn't let a minor issue like that stop me from purchasing a future box. I would most definitely purchase a future beauty box from Amazon and this credit was a sweet, bonus incentive that I very much appreciated.
PS: I knew going into this that the brow pencil would be too dark for me, and that I'm not a huge fan of the original Voluminous Mascara. But this brow pencil is a perfect match for my mom, and she also loves that mascara, so we both win!
Did you order this Amazon Beauty Box? If so, were you happy with your package? I would love to hear from you!
The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.