Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, February 27, 2014

Spotted: Revlon Spring/Summer 2014 Rio Rush Collection by Gucci Westman

The Gucci Westman Spring/Summer 2014 Collection has landed! Thanks so much to reader Kellee for this sighting. Kellee spotted this collection at her local Meijer this week and was kind enough to share lots of pics with us. Take a look!

 image credit: Kellee for Nouveau Cheap
Revlon Spring/Summer 2014 Rio Rush Collection by Gucci Westman

I do not know if everything in this collection is limited edition. I believe that the nail colors ARE, because Revlon polishes tend to have a number next to the shade name on the top of the cap when they are new permanent shades. There are no numbers on these polishes, therefore I'm pretty sure they're limited edition.

As for everything else, I'm not seeing "limited edition" printed anywhere, so I'm not going to jump to any conclusions. If/when I find out if things are limited edition, you will of course be the first to know!

Let's start with the left side of the display and work our way across:

  image credit: Kellee for Nouveau Cheap

There's a new Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator shade called Beach Bronze (larger pic below). That Colorstay Creme Gel Eye Liner also looks new, since there is not a navy shade in the current range. Also, this Colorstay Eyeshadow Quad looks new as well--I don't see a combination quite like this in the existing range.
 image credit: Kellee for Nouveau Cheap
 Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator in Beach Bronze

 image credit: Kellee for Nouveau Cheap

These look like two new Super Lustrous Lipstick shades--an orangey-color and a pink. I forgot to ask Kellee if the lipsticks on the other side of the display were the same shades as these, so there MIGHT be two additional shades in this collection.

 image credit: Kellee for Nouveau Cheap 
Oh Beautiful (I think that's an "Oh"), Gold Goddess

Again, notice that there are no numbers next to the shade names on the caps. Therefore, I believe these four polishes are limited edition. Gold Goddess looks like it might contain gold flakes, no?

 image credit: Kellee for Nouveau Cheap 
Copa Sunset, Carioca Crush

 image credit: Kellee for Nouveau Cheap

That Colorstay Eye Shadow Quad definitely looks new. And I believe that's the same new navy Colorstay Creme Gel Eye Liner that's on the left side of the display. The Photoready Skinlights shade is also a repeat of the one that's on the left side of the display.

Again, if/when I find out if the products in this display are limited edition, I will let you know ASAP. For now, I believe the nail polishes are limited edition, for the reason I explained above. As for everything else, these might be new additions to the core line...I just don't want to make that assumption just yet!

Have you spotted the new Rio Rush Collection in your area yet? Thoughts?

Thanks so very much, Kellee, for the great sighting and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. That yellow is very intriguing. Thanks for the pictures. Hope I find this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gucci Westman collections just never do anything for me...oh well money saved I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the eyeshadow palette with the coral and the teal. Can't wait to see the lippies up close and personal and/or swatched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy the core colors in the colorstay quad line.. but all of the LE designer ones have been just the strangest combinations. The coral one might be doable.. but canary yellow, black, and lavender? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  5. NEED Copa Sunset, Oh Beautiful and that orangey-pink lipstick! I officially abstain from my money-saving attempts this week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to try the Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator, wish for swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait to find this display! I really "need" that navy gel liner and I want to see the lippies and polish in person! I imagine something will come to live at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious as to how anyone could wear yellow eyeshadow, haha! The polishes look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The actual collection actually has 3 lipsticks.... there's a nude color called Ipanema Beach, the orange colors called Sultry Samba and the bright fuchsia shades called Carnival Spirit! The nudes not really worth it from what I've seen it has a sparkle to it. Sultry Samba and Carnival Spirit are absolutely amazing they're amazing and very pigmented, perfect summer/spring shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, when I was putting up the display for this at Walgreens we had FOUR lipsticks. I can't remember if Ipanema Beach was the sparkly frosty one or not (probably judging from your description of it) but there was also a cream finish nude...whose name escapes me right now. :-P I can look out for it when I go back into work.

      Delete
  10. Here's a link from British Beauty Blogger that has a little more info about it. http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2013/12/revlon-spring-2014-rio-rush.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. The polish is definitely limited edition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder if the Gold Goddess polish is a dupe for Zoya Maria Luisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my first thought when I saw the picture, also! If so, I'm not going to be purchasing it since NYC has a comparable polish G says will be permanent. It's called Top of the Gold and retails for $2.

      Delete
    2. None of the polishes strike me as anything too unique based on these pictures. However, I'll definitely keep an eye out to see them in person!

      Delete
  13. There are two other lip shades, both being a nude/neutral colored. I saw the display just today in my local Rite Aid.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just as a side note, it is "OI beautiful", as in "HI". since this collection is about Brazil, that was a nice touch of them, IMO. Also, "Carioca" is how a person born in Rio de janeiro is called. I'm brazilian, and I was so excited when i saw this collection I bought most of it!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig