Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, February 13, 2014

Spotted: Lord & Berry at CVS!

Lord & Berry at CVS?!?! That's exactly what I said when I received this sighting from reader Jenny (@jennnyiam on Instagram) the other day. For those who haven't heard of Lord & Berry, it's a popular and affordable European beauty brand that, according to their Facebook page, is based just outside of Milan, Italy. Up until now, US fans could only get their products through ASOS, BeautyBar and sites like that and the prices online are a bit higher than in Europe.

So yeah, you could say that I'm just a tiny bit excited to see Lord & Berry at CVS and I might have squealed when I saw Jenny's pics. Take a look:

image credit: Jenny for Nouveau Cheap
Lord & Berry Runway Long Lasting Shining lipstick Fat Pencil Collection at CVS
(retail: unknown)

There are twelve shades in this display--here's a closer look at some of them:

image credit: Jenny for Nouveau Cheap

I'm loving the look of these--how fancy that they come in box, right? We don't usually see that for chubby lip pencils at the drugstore level. I'm also impressed that they've brought the European drugstore trend of "testers for everything" over here to the US! 

I hope that this is just the first of many Lord & Berry products to debut at CVS--I obviously have no way of knowing if more are coming, but I'll definitely be on the lookout and, of course, you'll be the first to know if any other products are spotted.

European readers: Are you a Lord & Berry fan? Are these pencils already available in Europe?

US readers: Have you ever tried any Lord & Berry products? Are you excited to see this brand at CVS?

Thanks again, Jenny, for the fantastic sighting and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. I know I had several Lord & Berry products, and I liked them, but I can't recall any specifics. Mascara, I think, and some lipstick and/or lip gloss. I was able to find them at Rite-Aid and 1 K-mart store. But it's been a good 10 or 15 years since I've seen L&B in stores. I would definitely give them another try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, THANK YOU for jogging my memory! I DO remember seeing this brand here in US drugstores back in the late 90s/early 2000s! I had completely forgotten about that!

      For some reason I only remember eyeliners and I think they were super long pencils (like WnW). Wow, I never would have remembered that had it not been for your comment! Thank you...now I'm wondering exactly when they went away? I want to say about the same time that Jane went away (the original Jane, of course).

      Delete
    2. I think L&B was gone before Jane disappeared. I can remember the Rite-Aid store I used to buy L&B at, but I stopped shopping at that location 10 years ago, when I moved to the city I live in now. I remember seeing Jane at a nearby Walmart. I think they left mid-2000 sometime. (I'm glad to see them back, too)

      I do vaguely remember L&B eyeliners. I'm kinda sad that I can't recall them any better, because I do remember really liking them. I think they had a lipstick pencil that I really, really liked.

      Delete
  2. Hi G. I live in SD as well and spotted these at the CVS at Grossmont Center just last night! I passed them up because I didnt know anything about this brand. Thanks for the post. I might have to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jessica!! I think Imight need to take a trip to Grossmont this week! :)

      Please let me know what you think if you try one?

      Delete
  3. G if you pick some up I would love to see swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw these at Pearl River, NY CVS and passed as well because I didn't know the brand. Will pick one up next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They used to sell this brand in US drugstores when it was part of AM Cosmetics, who owned Wet 'n Wild at the time. They then branched out on their own (and Wet n Wild was then sold to Markwins). They used to make great products (from what I remember as a kid haha) so I'll definitely be looking into them again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look fun! I already have enough lip products to sink a ship though... G, I would love to see a review on these so I can tell whether or not they're worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so on a kick with the fat/chubby pencil thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I Kimberly! As long as they are shiny and almost glossy!

      Delete
  8. I've never tried Lord & Berry because Idk if they're cruelty free or not, but I used to sell it on eBay a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a fave "vintage" chubby lip pencil from them. It was AWESOME! Color and staying power. Of course the formula may hv changed but I wud still gv them a chance!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOL-Y GRRRRRAIL!! L&B "Blush"! Best ever MLBB color! These last, they don't fade, feather or migrate. They used to be her in NorCal at Payless (now RiteAid) and Longs (now CVS). I have a stump of "Blush" left and I circle it like Golum, my precioussssss! Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this. PS-the other colors are great as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha HA! Well, OK then - an endorsement above all other endorsements! Will have to try -

      Delete
  11. I saw them and swatched them, and they were gorgeous and creamy. But they were $10.49, so I didn't buy any. Tempting, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this display full today at the CVS Studio City, CA Ventura Blvd. and Laurel Canyon.
    (North side of Ventura, on the Vons side of the Blvd.)
    WW~~x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Any body knows around how much are they?

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's around $10-11 @my cvs. i think it's too expensive for drugstore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No feathering but some fading. Nice NARS like look and feel and basic matte colors. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw an untouched display of Lord & Berry at my local CVS. I swatched a few in stores because of their awesome display samples. I took home the Blush shade and I love how smooth it glides on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bought one and LOVE it. Can't figure out how to sharpen them though! they don't fit in a standard chubby sharpener. :(

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig