Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, January 23, 2014

Review: BH Cosmetics Creme Luxe Lipsticks in Red Truffle and Berry Bite

I've received several reader requests for some BH Cosmetics reviews over the past year, so I was quite happy to receive a few BH Cosmetics Lipsticks for review a while back. I've been wearing the heck out of these for a few weeks now, and today I'd like to share my thoughts with you!

BH Cosmetics Creme Luxe Lipsticks in Red Truffle and Berry Bite
(retail: $7.95 each, 0.12 oz)

The Creme Luxe Lipsticks are currently on sale for 50% off ($3.95) and there are 12 shades in the range. The majority of the shades have a creamy or satin finish, but there is one shimmer in the range (when you click the link above, there are shade descriptions that indicate the finish).


 photo 006-4.jpg

The tubes are nice and sturdy, and the lids close very firmly (they click into place).


 photo 007-4.jpg

 photo 013-3.jpg
Red Truffle and Berry Bite

Red Truffle is described as a "seductive red velvet with a satin finish." I think this actually has more of a creme finish as I detect no sheen to it at all. On my skin, this is a warm chocolate brown with brick red undertones. I've been wearing this one a lot paired with a subtle eye look and it almost has that retro-90s feel that I've been loving these days.

Berry Bite is described as an "intense strawberry red with a creamy finish." I definitely agree that this is a creme finish--there is no sheen to it at all. But while it does look like a strawberry red in my swatch above, on my actual lips, it reads more like a true, neutral red (not too warm, not too cool). Reds are funny that way and can adjust to your skintone so dramatically, but for me it's quite neutral and not as pink as it looks on the back of my hand.

Pigmentation: Needless to say, after looking at my swatches above, these lipsticks are very pigmented. I was pleasantly surprised by the pigmentation of both shades and they're both very smooth and even when applied. You will definitely not need to build for more intensity as these are quite intense on the first swipe. I don't foresee those with deeper skintones having any issues with the pigmentation level of these two shades, and I think that those with fair/pale skintones might even need to apply these softly and maybe blot with a tissue to tone down the pigmentation a little bit.

Texture: These lipsticks are very creamy--they feel like a million bucks on the lips. There's a bit of shea butter in the formula, which I'm guessing might have something to do with them feeling so creamy on the lips, and that also might help with moisturization (there's a nice moisture level to these lipsticks and they don't feel drying). They really are true to their name when it comes to feeling "luxe" and I think "Creme Luxe" describes them quite accurately.

Staying Power: Keep in mind that I received two darker shades for review, so I can't speak to the staying power of the medium or light shades in this range. But as for these two shades, I have been able to easily get 5-6 hours of wear, no problem. Both shades feel nice as they wear down--they keep that creamy feeling all the way to the end, and they wear down to a nice, even stain as the hours go by.

Flavor and Fragrance: These lipsticks are flavor- and fragrance-free. I taste nothing on my lips when I wear them, and there's just the tiniest, most faint scent to them, which sort of smells like vanilla (but it's so faint, I really have to hold them right up to my nose to detect it).

FINAL VERDICT: If you're in the market for some super-creamy, highly pigmented lipsticks that are also quite affordable (especially if you get them now while they're on sale for 50% off), I think these lipsticks from BH Cosmetics are worth considering. I've been seriously impressed with these two shades when it comes to texture, finish, pigmentation and staying power. They're very creamy and they feel hydrating on the lips as well. I honestly can't think of a negative thing to say about them--I even like the packaging, which is quite sturdy (the lids close firmly and click into place). They'd also be a nice choice for those who are sensitive to flavor/fragrance since they're both flavor- and fragrance-free.

BH Cosmetics are available directly through the BH Cosmetics website. The BH Cosmetics Lipsticks are currently on sale for 50% off (regularly $7.95, now $3.95).

Do you own any BH Cosmetics? Have you tried any of the Creme Luxe Lipsticks? I'd love to hear from you!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.Blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. The formula seems pretty good! I could use some cheap moisturizing lippies in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, it's right up there with lipsticks that are double the price! :)

      Delete
  2. I have used their eyeshadows for a few years, but just bought some lip products from them during the christmas sales. I was pleasantly very pleased with everything which included lipsticks/glosses/ & liners. I definitely recommend giving them a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad they're working for you!!

      Delete
  3. The color of the lipstick doesnt look too similar to the actual swatch. Or is it just me? None the less, its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's correct! They look different on my skin than what they look like in the tube. :)

      Delete
  4. I purchased a couple of these mostly the darks ( my fav) and I must say I love mac but I love these, no drying, good pigment and they feel amazing I love TE AMO I love the bright red but dont want to wear my RIRI WOO for work all the time so I pared TE AMO with the RIRI WOO lip pencil and I love it its not the same color but I love what I get and the price I need them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am new to wearing lipstick so what lip liner goes with berry bite or red truffle lipstick?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig