Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, November 3, 2013

Coming to a drugstore near you: NEW Garnier Cleansing Oil

Drugstore cleansing oils are not new...if you live outside of the US. Biore makes a cleansing oil for Asian countries (you can buy it online and also at markets such as Mitsuwa here in the US). But today I've got very exciting news for my fellow US drugstore shoppers.

Huge thanks to reader Kaley on Facebook for this one. Garnier is launching a new cleansing oil in US drugstores! Kaley found the following info in the December issue of Cosmo and was nice enough to share:

image credit: Kaley for Nouveau Cheap
Source: December 2013 issue of Cosmopolitan Magazine
NEW Garnier Clean+ Nourishing Cleansing Oil
(retail: $8)

It appears that Garnier is releasing a new skincare line called Clean+. As you can see, the Garnier Clean+ Nourishing Cleansing Oil will retail for $8 and it contains jojoba and macadamia oils. I LOVE cleansing oils (this one is my all-time favorite and a great one to start with if you're new to cleansing oils) so I'm delighted to have a new drugstore option coming soon! I obviously have no idea when this will hit stores, but I would imagine quite soon, considering that it's in the December Cosmo.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a prediction. I think that "Cleansing Oil" is going to be the new "BB Cream" for 2014. I'm guessing that the Garnier Cleansing Oil is the first of many to come. I sure do hope that Biore brings their cleansing oil to US drugstores, and it would be great if others released their own versions (Aveeno, Neutrogena, Olay, etc.). I know that Lumene makes one, but I haven't ever seen it in stores, have you?

Thanks so much, Kaley, for the fantastic scoop! I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I'm excited to try this!!!! I've been using the Julep one that came in a Maven box I received and I like it pretty well so far! I wish that more drugstore brands would come out with cleansing balms like Eve Lom's and Boots Botanicals. I would LOVE to see one by Neutrogena, Aveeno and Burt's Bees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting to me. I've never heard of this kind of products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is awesome news! I really hope they do become the next big drugstore trend. Right now I'm buying my cleansing oils online from Asian shops, and while it's affordable it's not exactly convenient to wait 2-3 weeks to get it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This wasn't on my radar and I love to try stuff, so I'll be on the lookout for it. Thanks for linking to that other post, that review and comments answered a lot of my questions. It seems counter intuitive to use oil on my oily skin, but I've been using the Garnier dry oil for hair/face/body under makeup, so far so good...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally get on this trend. Right now I use coconut oil as a makeup remover and it works wonders. Super excited to try drugstore ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've used the Lumene one for a few years. I'm not sure why I stopped, actually (probably that need to "try something new" every chance I get), as it is a nice cleansing oil. I was only able to find it at CVS ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's going to be hard to beat the Burt's Bees Orange Essence, but I will check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please, please...let it not have any mineral oil. That's a deal breaker for me. Trust me it's impossible to rinse off unlike other oil cleansers, (the Asian ones for example).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've used DHC cleansing oil for years and absolutely love it. I just tried the Anti/Oxi Shesido cleansing oil the other day and it was just as good as my DHC. I have combo skin that can be really oily at times or really dry at times. I love how COs do not leave my face stripped, tight, and itchy. Both brands are so perfect I don't have to use any moisturizer after I'm done washing my face. I will forever use DHC, but definitely willing to try other brands.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loveeeeee the sephora one so I'd definitely try this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its about time for this bandwagon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sephora has a great oil cleanse, its leaves my skin uber soft and its gentle on my rosacea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw the cleansing oil on a top cap at my local walgreens. It said it was for dry skin but I'm tempted to go back and try it out.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig