Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, May 4, 2013

My Weekend Manicure: Sinful Colors Polka Dots


Question: What do you do when realize you have a bunch of Limited Edition Sinful Colors polishes that you never finished swatching from a few months ago?  The polishes from the Spring 2013 Sugar Rush Collection are probably close to impossible to find now in stores, but they're so pretty that it would be a shame to not even post a single picture of the shades I own, right?

Answer: Do a dot manicure with ALL of them! That way, even if you can't find these polishes in your area, you can at least get an idea of what they look like (in case you get lucky and find them at Big Lots, Dollar Tree, etc.) without having to endure full-on swatches.

Sinful Colors Limited Edition Spring 2013 Sugar Rush Collection nail colors in:
1173 Orange Cream, 1172 Cotton Candy, 1174 Candy Coated, 1180 Sweet Tooth, 1171 Sweet Nothing, 1169 Sugar Rush



For this manicure, I used all of the polishes I purchased from the Spring 2013 Limited Edition Sugar Rush Collection and I just applied the dots on my bare nails with no base color underneath. I finished this manicure with a coat of Essie Good To Go quick-dry top coat. The tool I used was the L.A. Girl Dotting Tool from this set.

If you're new to dot manicures, you can use lots of other things instead of a dotting tool. Before I got my dotting tool, I used the flat end of a bamboo skewer (you can a 100-pack for $1 at the dollar store!) and that worked just fine. You can click here to see a past manicure I did using the flat end of a bamboo skewer.

I'm sorry if you never got your hands on any of the polishes from the Sugar Rush collection. They're pretty fabulous (the coral, pink and both purples in this collection have super-fine, subtle silver shimmer to them which is so pretty). If you spot them at Dollar Tree or Big Lots, don't hesitate to pick them up!

Also, you can obviously use any pastels in your collection to recreate this look (if you wanted to try it).

PS: Just because you have nubs, it doesn't mean you can't still enjoy nail art! I broke two nails this week and had to file all of my nails down to nubs (sad!).  But dot manicures don't require a lot of "real estate" and I think they look super cute on nubs!

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. Your nails are cute!I may have to steal this design if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and please do!! :)

      Delete
    2. Ooo me too!!! Going to do it right now lol
      I can't decide what to do so I'll just use all the colors!

      Delete
    3. Um yes I am going to have to steal it too! Too cute G!

      Delete
  2. Gah that's so cute and I love that there's no base color. It looks like a gumball machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding the Sugar Rush collection at this point isn't an entirely hopeless endeavor. I was at a Walgreens in Montana yesterday and they had two counter displays, completely full.

    ReplyDelete
  4. G, super cute!!! I bought Orange Cream a while back and I really like the color! I hate orange but that is more of a peach color! Very cute mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! My hands are way too shaky to handle nail art (or even plain nail color, frankly). Not sure why everyone rags on short nails--I prefer them! They look neat and tidy. I wish I could get mine even shorter than they are--my pinky nails are crazy long for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. G, too cute! And in my neck of the woods (Cincinnati, OH) the Sugar Rush display is alive and kicking at several Walgreens. Now, we never did get the "From Buff to Bright" display with Genteel and Pistache. It's funny how different parts of the country get different displays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dots on a bare nail. Cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with everyone, your idea is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable. I love that you didn't do it over a base color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this!! I love the collection too. Great and easy nail art idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Love this manicure. I really want to try it soon. Don't have all the colors but sure would like to try with similar ones. Love your nail polish posts. I got a question, did you let the polish dry between colors? how did you overlap the different color dots?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thought I said this already..(but I guess not, lol) this mani reminds me of a Primal Elements glycerine bar soap. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig