Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, July 28, 2011

Review: New e.l.f. studio Glossy Gloss in Dragon Fruit

For a gal who's not really into lipgloss (I prefer lipsticks and stains), I'm really on a roll right now! I've got another new, fabulous lipgloss to share with you today, and I owe it all to the beautiful Kari from Once Bitten. A few weeks ago, Kari told me that these new Glossy Glosses from e.l.f. were downright amazing. In fact, she said that they have officially replaced her MAC Lipglasses as her favorite lipgloss, and she even purchased every shade available from the e.l.f. website. 

Well with a glowing review like that, how could I not get my booty in my car and drive on down to Target to check 'em out?

 e.l.f. studio Glossy Gloss in Dragon Fruit
(retail: $3, 0.28 oz)




My local Target only had 2 or 3 shades of Glossy Gloss available (for the full range, click here. Sorry to report that these are currently out of stock on the e.l.f. site--hopefully they'll be back in stock soon!).

I opted for Dragon Fruit, which is a beautiful milky pinky-coral-rose shade.


As you can see, this gloss has a brush applicator. There was one splayed bristle (see above), but it was nothing that a little snip with some manicure scissors couldn't cure.


According to the box, this is a "high shine gloss for a beautiful sheen and a rich tint of color that has no sparkle." I absolutely adore glosses without any sparkle, so I had a feeling this was going to be a good fit for me.


Long story short: I LOVE THIS GLOSS. Yes, it's another "your lips but better" shade, but what I really like is that the pigmentation is rich, despite the fact that it's a sheer gloss. It gives such a beautiful, natural-looking tint to my lips that I can practically wear it with any eyeshadow combination.

After using this gloss for several weeks now, I totally understand why Kari loves it so much. Unlike MAC Lipglasses, which are very thick and sticky, this one's not sticky at all, yet it's got enough substance to it to really stay on the lips for a good amount of time (I once wore it for FOUR hours, which almost never happens with me and glosses).

For precision application, you just can't beat this tiny brush. You can line your lips no problem with it and it's extremely easy to use. The fragrance and flavor of this gloss is a nice, creamy vanilla. I love it and I don't find it strong or overpowering at all. 

Aside from the beautiful milky pinky-coral-rose shade of Dragon Fruit, I find myself obsessed with the texture of this product. A gloss that's thick enough to stay on my lips for a long period of time, yet not sticky or heavy-feeling? Yes, please!

FINAL VERDICT: For $3 a pop, I highly recommend the new e.l.f. Glossy Glosses. I'm with Kari here--I am compelled to purchase the entire range! I just find this gloss so incredibly easy to wear, and I think the soft milky shade of Dragon Fruit is a winner--not too pink, not too bright; it's just perfect for me. I also love the brush, and I love the creamy vanilla fragrance and flavor. This one's a winner all the way around.

Have you tried any e.l.f. studio Glossy Glosses yet? What are your favorite shades?
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I need to get my bootay down to Target and see if I can lay my hot little hands on some of those glosses. If it is as good as everyone is saying, at that price, how could anyone resist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love love this gloss. I love everything about it from the texture to the colors. I have this in 5 shades and they all are creamy colors w/ no shimmers. My favorite is actually called "blushed".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooooooooooove all of them! :D I cant' wait for them to be back in stock so I can order backups. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO happy that you liked these as much as I did! I know I built them up quite bit and was hoping I didn't over-sell them too much ;) But seriously, how AMAZING is this gloss?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to get into my car and head to Target right now...but it will have to wait until tomorrow. Thanks for the review...cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to get these but they are out of stock ol, and unfortunately target here doesnt carry the glosses. :\ I did receive the glitter gloss a couple of days ago.. too much glitter for me. eck

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the glossy gloss by ELF !
    I have Dragon Fruit, Sweet salmon, and the berry blast. I want to get the red color. Love them!!!

    CW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right now I am bummed that my Target does not carry ELF! Oh well I can still stay on the look out. I know there is a grocery store accross town that does! I will remember these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I spotted (and purchased) some e.l.f. Studio Minty Lip Glosses at my local DOLLAR TREE which I love! It does have a little shimmer in it, but the minty-ness is awesome and it has great staying power also. They also had an e.l.f. Studio lipliner/lip brush combo which I loved.

    I was so excited to find these products, especially since I saw the gloss at Target for the regular price! Who knows if THESE glosses will be there, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gah, i was just looking for a color like this!!! nice nice, i will most certainly be on the lookout for them :D target is RIGHT by my job and carries them

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read this post, hop in my car @ 9:30pm, and 30 minutes later I'm wearing this gloss and LOVING it. It reminds me of Palladio gloss, similar size, shape, applicator, shine, no sparkle. LOVE this e.l.f. gloss!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just picked this up yesterday because of YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read this, and ran to my closest Target to get it. I LOVE it! Thanks so much for doing a review on this. It's really great. This is the second day in a row, I've run to the store after reading your blog! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig