Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, April 11, 2011

Drugstore Dupe Alert: OPI Bubble Bath

A huge thanks to my wonderful reader Hye Jea for this dupe alert! It looks like Wet n Wild Sugar Coat is an awesome dupe for OPI Bubble Bath.

Note: Wet n Wild Sugar Coat is a core collection MegaLast shade and it also came as a mini polish in the WnW holiday train cases from last year.

Hye Jea writes:

"Sugar Coat is a dead on dupe for Bubble Bath - the opacity (or lack thereof), the shade, the warmth, formula, or anything that I can think of when it comes to nail polish (and I LOVE nail polish!) is exactly the same. I guess if I had to be super, super, super, super, super, super picky, Bubble Bath may have been a tad bit glossier of a finish..." 

And she also sent these great photos (note: the bottle of Sugar Coat in these photos is the mini bottle from the holiday train case. The core collection bottle is bigger).

image credit for all of the following photos, Hye Jea for Nouveau Cheap

 Left: Wet n Wild Sugar Coat (retail: $1.99)
Right: OPI Bubble Bath (retail: around $7)


 OPI Bubble Bath (four coats)

Wet n Wild Sugar Coat (four coats)


Thanks so much, Hye Jea, for the great drugstore dupe alert and pictures. This is a fantastic discovery!

Do you own Bubble Bath or Sugar Coat?
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. picking this up immediately!! thank u so much for posting about this, G =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I wanted to love Bubble Bath but I just couldn't. It was just too streaky for me. I bet the Wet n Wild has a better formula! Thanks for the dupe alert, now I want this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, is it a dupe of the old Bubble Bath or the new one? They're two different colors... It used to be nude-white, but now it's pink. If it's a dupe of the old one, I might pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI - Bubble Bath is what Giada De Laurentiis wears! So excited to find a dupe for the shade that always makes her hands look so awesome on those ingredient close ups!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont own either but that is about to change! I always, always wonder what Giada wore on her nails so glad to know this!!! Going to pick up one or the other!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to read this post. I kept looking for Bubble Bath, I had the name right, just the brand wrong. I thought it was Essie.

    I will pick this up on my next jaunt out to my drugstore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooops... my bad! Seems my son had his google account logged in, so the above post is mine, not a boys! LOL

    Only on a Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is GREAT news! I have always wanted Bubble Bath but could not justify paying $$ for a sheer pink when there are so many other sheer pinks around that are MUCH cheaper. Now I am a very happy gal and going to the store this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the great dupe alert!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig