Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, January 20, 2011

New makeup line to debut at Walmart

Even though I'm not really a Walmart gal (I'm more of a Tarjay shopper), I'm always fascinated when new, affordable brands enter the big box store arena! I came across this article today and thought I'd share:

(from happi.com) 

Geo Girl To Debut at Wal-Mart in March 
 
Meet the girls of Generation Z. They are happy, optimistic, confident, communicative, compassionate, collaborative and highly-creative. This generation also has a highly-raised environmental consciousness.

Enter GeoGirl, a new cosmetics line debuting at select Wal-Mart stores in March. The 69-SKU collection of beauty products includes makeup for face, lips, cheeks and eyes plus skin and body care, with pricing from $3.98-$5.98 suggested retail.

According to the company, the colors, while bright and exciting in the package, go on super-sheer and see-through to give her skin a healthy, natural glow.The formulas are mistake proof and easy to apply successfully.The product packages themselves were created to fit in smaller hands and apply to smaller features.

Products feature gentle, good-for-skin natural ingredients including white willow bark (to exfoliate dead skin cells and control sebum); chamomile, lavender and calendula (to calm and soothe); ginseng (to tone and revitalize) and pomegranate and green tea (potent antioxidants) to enhance their functionality and help maintain healthy skin balance.

More info: www.geogirl.com

 


Now clearly this line is geared toward young girls, with products created "to fit smaller hands and apply to smaller features". The words "super-sheer" make me feel like the products won't be pigmented enough for my needs, but you never know.

Are you excited to see these when they hit store shelves in March? Or does this line sound like it's not for you? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Although I don't think this line is geared to someone of my generation, I think it's a smart move, marketing wise, for Wallyworld to give young ladies their own line. While there is sure to be at least one break-out product from this new line, I think it's great that young misses can have makeup fit for them and not have to use 'lay it on thick' makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly: VERY good points, honey! The only thing is, there seem to already be lots of sheer and lightly-pigmented products in the drugstore makeup world already, right? I mean that's why we all flip out when we see super-pigmented products like the WnW eyeshadows, for example. So...another line of super-sheer makeup just...it's not exciting to me, BUT, then again, I'm about 30 yrs beyond their target demographic so who cares what I think anyway! Hahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article shows a few pics of the new products. They look recyclable too! http://www.make-up.becomegorgeous.com/makeup_products/walmart_to_launch_geogirl_beauty_brand-3578.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there happens to be a cream blush that's on the sheer, why-no-this-isn't-blush side, I'd be interested!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't too excited when I read the description of the line but I looked at the link the person above left and the packaging looks super cute. I love the natural cardboard. Hopefully that is the actual packaging and not just covering regular plastic. The only thing I am not too excited about is the name of the products. "URA* face shimmer" and "QTPi mineral blush". *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't get anything from this new line (not in their demographic), I think it's nice that this line will focus on natural ingredients. Maybe that will encourage these girls to be aware of what they're putting on their skin from a young age. Good habit to get into!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm, sounds interesting! it does seem like it's marketed towards younger girls, but it will be interesting to see what they come up with...thanks for sharing!

    Beauty Bag 411

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sheer! Ahh that scares me. But I guess it'll be great for young girls. I wore "super sheer" colorful shades when I was younger too. =P

    ReplyDelete
  9. A few of those ingredients are proven to be irritating for skin; I'm not sure I would let my young daughter (If I had one) use that! I think I'd be comfortable having her use CoverGirl gloss balms or other sheer products from the drugstore. Either way it sounds like it's more geared toward my imaginary, adopted from Russia daughter and not for me. I just hope any moms who might get this for her child would do her own research about the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember when I first got into makeup I more or less had to sneak around because my parents thought I was too young to be wearing it. Even if your parents weren't like this, I bet you know someone whose parents were, your best friend, your cousin, etc... I think they did their marketing homework and know there are parents like this and they are creating a compromise. This way the kid can feel like an adult with her little blush and lipstick, while the parents know it's weakly pigmented and will barely show up. And they are convincing the parents that the ingredients are good for their kids too...even if they aren't. (I believe J, she knows product ingredients!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this line at Walmart today and it is very cute! I actually really like the lip stick and the creme blush I got, while it kind of was broken when I opened it looked exactly and felt exactly like the Tarte mini blush I got from Ulta. I guess the target age for the products are 8-12 which seem a little young.... but this 27 year old sure enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig