Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, February 15, 2010

Breaking News: ALL Boots products 75% off at CVS, new TREsemme Dry Shampoo and more (pic heavy)

Wow, I take a break from my usual drugstore visits for a few days and all heck breaks loose! This drugstore report is packed with info so let me get started asap:

Today I spotted this at my local CVS:



Yep, everything from Boots (all lines) is now 75% off. It looks like CVS is either getting rid of the entire brand, or Boots is going to have a massive makeover. Not sure which one is going to happen, but you just don't see this type of across-the-board sale too often so if you're a Boots fan, get thee to CVS as soon as you can! And if you are a Boots fan, please leave a comment and let us all know what we should be picking up while this sale's going on! I don't have a lot of experience with Boots so I was pretty much a deer caught in headlights in a sea of yellow clearance tags. lol. I didn't buy anything because I just didn't know what to get.

Next, also at CVS, I spotted new Essence of Beauty scents:

Left: Wildflowers, Right, Bergamot Sandalwood

I thought I would love Bergamot Sandalwood and hate Wildflowers, but it was actually just the opposite. Wildflowers is a light, sweet, fresh floral (sort of in the same vein as BBW PS: I Love You Spring Fling) and Bergamot Sandalwood is sort of heavy on the bergamot and just a heavier fragrance in general. Also, it's a bit sharp and just not as feminine as I like my fragrances to be.

Oh, and speaking of EoB, check THIS out:

Essence of Beauty eau de toilettes (retail: $9.99)

Now here's the weird part: three of the four new EDTs are of fragrances that are already a part of the EoB body care collection: Sun Blossom, Citrus Coconut and Passion Flower. But there's a new little beauty in this collection and it's AMAZING: Jasmine Ginger. OMG OMG OMG this smells amazing to me. I rarely get this excited by a new EoB scent, but this is a freaking winner! It's clean, it's sweet, it's a little spicy and I detect a slight citrus note in the mix as well. I really, really hope that they are planning to roll out this scent in the body collection because I'll take one of everything, please. I'm sniffing it right now on my wrist and I cannot WAIT to get a body mist.

And speaking of body mists, check out the newly redesigned Body Fantasies bottles:



Body Fantasies fans, what do we think of this new style bottle? I was sort of shocked to see that there's so much white space on the front label now, but the shape of the bottle is quite modern and sleek. But call me old fashioned--I love the little pictures on the old bottles. lol. These just seem so...upscale!

Next, there are some new additions to my beloved Aveeno haircare line:


Four new styling products for every need! I am seriously eyeing the Smoothing Shine Creme and can't wait for a good sale. Hurry up, CVS, give us a good discount or some extra bucks or something...asap!

Oh, and while I was at Walgreens the other day (when I made that nail polish haul I mentioned earlier) I finally spotted the new Naturals and Fresh Start stuff from Tresemme:

From left to right: TREsemme Naturals Instant Volume Shampoo with Sweet Orange, Instant Volume Naturals Conditioner with Sweet Orange, Fresh Start Dry Shampoo, Fresh Start Waterless Foam Shampoo

TREsemme is one of those brands that has always worked for me, but for some reason I end up moving on and trying new things, eventually forgetting how wonderful (and inexpensive) their products are. So I was super excited to see not only a shampoo with "Lower Sulfates" and a conditioner that's "Silicone Free" but also TWO new options for waterless hair cleansing!

I ended up purchasing the new Dry Shampoo, but not without some confusion. You see, the Dry Shampoo states that it's for "Oily/Straight/Normal Hair" while the Waterless Foam Shampoo is for Dry/Curly/Normal Hair". So what to do if you've got oily and curly hair like me? To make matters worse, the Waterless Foam Shampoo has some interesting directions--after you apply it to dry hair, you need to use a towel to remove the "oil and dirt" from your hair. Huh? First, I don't want to commit to having a special towel reserved for dry-shampoo application only (I've got limited space on my towel rack!) and also, how does this stuff bring the oil and dirt to the surface of your hair and NOT the product itself? In other words, wouldn't you be wiping away the product itself along with any oil and dirt in your hair? It was just all too confusing for me, thus I went with the Dry Shampoo, which is a traditional dry shampoo and you just spray it in and leave it.

I'll post a review soon so please stay tuned. I'm super excited to see how this stacks up against my beloved Batiste Dry Shampoo from Sally Beauty. Also, I know that there is also a "hair refresher" in this new Fresh Start collection, but my Walgreens didn't have that on the shelves yet. I'm curious about that because I generally like hair refreshers when you're going to skip a day of washing, and there don't seem to be many of them in drugstores anymore (Salon Selectives used to make a great one back in the day but of course it got discontinued).

And finally, I spotted a counter display of the new L'Oreal Studio Secrets products, and unlike the display at my Rite Aid, this one was actually full of products!



I know that the early reviews of the Magic Perfecting Base have been fantastic (with the only complain being the small size of the jar) but have any of you tried any of the Color Correcting Primers yet?

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts on all these new goodies hitting our drugstores this month!

SHARE:

25 comments

  1. OMGGGG I can't wait for those TRESemmé dry shampoos to arrive here in Quebec! =DDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is an exciting post. XD

    I actually got the Jasmine Ginger body butter back during Christmas. It smells sooooooooooo amazing. And the scent lasts forever on me too! I'm definitely going to have to get the EDT if they get it at my CVS.

    I saw the new Aveeno stuff at Walgreens about a month ago and I'm dying to try the gel-cream.

    I used a waterless shampoo before (like the foaming kind) and it did work pretty well. It left my hair feeling cleaner than a dry shampoo would, though you still have to deal with kind of wet hair and styling it afterward. It's not really a styling product. They make them for disabled people who have trouble washing their hair in the shower.

    I can't waaaaaaait to read your review on the dry shampoo. I love dry shampoos (though I often just throw some baby powder in my hair and comb it through since my hair is blonde), and Tresemme makes some good stuff.

    I also can't wait to try out some of the L'oreal stuff. It looks nice!

    Thanks so much for all the news and pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Jasmine Ginger lotion, it has been out for a while, and as for the Bergamot Sandalwood, for me it wasn't so good when I first put it on, but once it sinks into your skin it smells amazing!!! You should find a tester and try some. I'm glad that Tresseme has a natural line now, but I usually buy my Tresseme at Fresh and Easy because it is cheaper and it might never end up there unless it gets really popular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaby: Oh I hope you get them soon too, honey! :D

    Hana: I am so glad you're as excited as I am about all these new products coming out! :) And thank you SO much for the info about Jasmine Ginger. How odd that in my area, they have not rolled out the body care products yet?? Anyway, I'm so glad you like this scent too! I literally cannot stop sniffing my wrist tonight. And BTW, the EDT seems to have pretty decent staying power so far because I can still smell it and it's been hours since I sprayed it. Yay! Oh, and thank you so much for your insights about the foam shampoo. It never even occurred to me how great this could be for a disabled person. WOW. That makes it even better since the price is relatively low ($4.99). I hope this makes many people's lives a bit easier. :) xo

    PoorCollegeStudent: Sheesh, it looks like everyone but me has access to Jasmine Ginger body products! Waaah! lol. Thanks for the info about Bergamot Sandalwood--maybe I need to give it another chance. :) And can I just tell you that I am beyond stoked to meet a fellow Fresh & Easy fan?? I freaking LOVE my Fresh & Easy! I do probably 90% of my grocery shopping there! Have you seen my reviews of their body products? I need to do the second half of that review soon...thanks for the inadvertent reminder! Have you tried any of those products yet? Also, their baby wipes ROCK for removing makeup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For Boots, I got the True Identity Foundation in Light and Natural Blush in Petal. Petal kinda reminds me of MAC Pink Swoon. I am really excited about your reviews for the dry shampoo!!! Washing hair in this cold weather is not fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not aware that Boots is changing packaging and I'd assume we Brits would see it first. Although I could be wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog!
    What -- you were absent for a while and all hell broke loose? I don't know whether you should stay out of drugstores for a while to encourage more of this! LOL! Too bad I can't take advantage, this is quite a distance from where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what the??? 75%off on Boots products??? OMG!!! Thats crazy! Thanks for the awesome info :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. RE: Boots on sale. If they have it then the top picks from the brand are...

    - No7 (make-up) under eye concealer/highlighter (like YSL Touche Eclat)
    - Boots Botanics eye make-up remover
    - No7 (skincare) Protect and Perfect Serum
    - No7 nail varnish
    - No7 (make-up)highlighting powders

    I would skip any of the No7 eyeshadow palettes, I've never been impressed by them but the single eye shadows are OK. They do some lovely sheer lipsticks too - one called 'attract' in the UK is my favorite.

    Hope that helps with the Boots choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah Fresh and Easy Rocks my socks! I have seen your review of their products and it inspired me to try them. I was intrigued when they first came out, but when you reviewed them I knew I had to try some! I got the Retreat Mulberry & Shea Deep Conditioning Hand and Nail Cream, my hands get very dry in the winter due to poor circulation. I love it! I do about 90% of my shopping there as well, especially since trader joe's recently raised their prices. I didn't know their baby wipes were so good, I'll have to check them out!

    Oh, and Boots products aren't 75% off at my cvs, I wonder why...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky! My CVS doesnt carry Boots :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never saw Boots at any CVS here.
    It's at Target though. :/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gee, we don't have Boots in our CVS's around here. Only at Target. But No7 Lash 360 mascara is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No Boots at my CVS either :( Also I have been eyeing the green primer from pur minerals..so since these new primers came out I def want to try because it's way cheaper! I also have always trusted Tresseme products but move on to other things, but I have never tried a dry shampoo and have been wanting to try the Tres one, waiting for a sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. *screams* I wish we had a CVS!!! I love the Boots skincare lines. Everyone should pick up an Intense Beauty Serum while it's 75% off!! Go!! NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to see what you say about Tresumme vs Batiste. I do love my Batiste, but can't stand the smell. I hope the Tresumme rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. we don't have boots at our cvs around here (new hampshire). boo. we have boots at tarjay, but that's about it. i have to say, j'adore boots!! i visited the UK over the summer and i love love loved boots. i even have a reusable boots shopping tote :)

    i can't wait to hear your dry shampoo review for tresemme! i'm a nursing student who has a hard time getting up in the morning (hehe), so dry shampoo would be a lifesaver. i tried some dry shampoo last summer (again, when i was in the UK) and it definitely didn't turn out well. i followed the instructions on the can and my sweetie asked me later if my hair was turning grey lol!

    does the jasmine ginger fragrance smell anything like bath & body works' white tea & ginger? i loooooved that fragrance!

    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I didn't even know that some CVS stores carried Boots! My CVS is fairly small, so it don't have any Boots or an extensive line of Essence of Beauty products either. But that's okay because I cannot wait to try the Tresemme dry shampoo, the new Aveeno styling aids, and the L'oreal Studio Secrets color correcting primers!! Looking forward to your review on the Tresseme Dry Shampoo and hopefully some these other products too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow! Loved this post. Can't wait to dry that dry shampoo.... also didn't even know that Boots was at CVS. Interesting... veddy interesting. Thanks for sharing! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have Batiste dry shampoo and I wonder as well how the Tresemme dry shampoo compares. I love all tresemme products so I have high hopes...can't wait to try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for the exciting post about the Tresemme dry shampoo. Ive used one by Salon Grafix which I can no longer find, and I've used Ojon's- both so-so. I ran out to Walgreens tonight, and was so bummed to see that my Walgreens does not have the Tresemme one yet. But I happened upon another dry shampoo while at Walgreens: Psssssst for $6.99. Best part was that some of the cans had a mail-in rebate for the full amount, so I snatched it up and will give it a try. Can't wait to read your Tresemme review!

    ReplyDelete
  22. yay i just went to see if my walgreens had the tresemme dry shampoo and they did! i have curly hair but chose the dry shampoo spray because my greasy roots only show when i do my hair straight. so far i LOVE it! the smell is way fresh and citrusy and it doesn't turn my hair white which is AMAAAAZING!! i recently tried bumble & bumble's colored dry shampoo but it is soooo messy everything would turn black :( so that's $28 wasted. i hope this keeps working so well! can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ladies! Thanks so much for all the great info! I actually was not aware, until you informed me, that Boots is not carried in *all* CVS locations! Interesting...

    Also, thanks to the lovely UK'ers for the info--I would definitely assume now that CVS is just getting rid of Boots since you've heard nothing about a makeover. And BJL: thank you SO much for the recs! This helps immensely!

    K.Lo: Beauty Serum, eh? I'll definitely have to check that out!

    And for those of you who expressed excitement about the TREsemme dry shampoo--I hope you had a chance to look at my review. I'm totally on the fence and have mixed feelings about it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. please tell me the sale hasn't ended yet!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was just at my CVS in Los Angeles and they now have a sign that says "all Boots 90% off". But they rang up at 50% off so I had to tell the manager, who told the cashier how to override it.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig