Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bargain of the Day (BOTD)


Today's BOTD is one that I can confidently say is the best product for eyebrows, ever. I'm talking about Maybelline Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils.

There's a reason why this product has been around since the 1920s and why it continues to be the #1 best-selling eyebrow product in the world.

Short answer: It works.

Long answer: The consistency is hard, but not too hard. Waxy, but not too waxy. The staying power is unrivaled and so much better than products 3x its price. It's easy to sharpen to a very fine point and, unlike other eyebrow pencils, it's solid enough to get into your brows and apply the color deep in between your hairs to fill in any gaps. With other pencils, the finer the point, the easier the pencil will break when your start to use it. Not the case with Maybelline. You can apply this pencil with little strokes to replicate hairs, and if you use a light hand, it looks as natural as can be. The color choices (Velvet Black, Dark Brown, Medium Brown, Light Brown, Blonde, and Auburn) are universal and work on anyone. I used to use Auburn when I was a redhead and it was a perfect match. Now that my hair is caramel brown, the Blonde shade is perfect for me.

I come to you with this recommendation after years of trying other eyebrow products with limited to no success. Some others I have used in the past include Smashbox Brow Tech, Laura Geller Long-Lasting Color Brow Marker, NYX Brow Pencil, Anastasia Brow Powder Duo, L'Oreal Brow Stylist Duet Brow Shaping Pencils, and many, many others. I've done my homework on this and I always go back to Maybelline.

The very best part of recommendation is the price. You can pick up this two-pack of pencils (each one lasts a good long time) for $3.49 at Walgreens.

What's stopping you from perfect brows?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Looks like a really good product! (Lucky me)I can get away with only tweezing/shaping and no brow pencil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question:

    I've been looking through your posts on brow products and I wanted to ask about your thoughts on the staying power of this product. Does it budge at all? Even in hot weather? Or is it an all-day-wear product?

    I know Maybelline Define-A-Brow is your current favorite but it's not quite dark enough for me so I'm searching for an alternative.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig