Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, July 31, 2016

The Lipstick League - Week of 7.25.16


The Lipstick League Question of the Week

It’s a two-parter this week! Name the last beauty product you finished, and one beauty product in your stash that you know you will never finish. 

G's answer: I just finished another Maybelline Define-A-Brow pencil in Dark Blonde (holy grail) and a product I will never finish? Oh basically every single eyeshadow palette I own! Does anyone  ever finish a full eyeshadow palette down to the last speck of powder? If YOU have, I would love to know which one because man, that's impressive!

The Lipstick League Links of the Week

Gouldylox - I spent last weekend at CosmoProf and while I'm overwhelmed by the entire experience, I learned something really valuable about myself and found a mantra that changes how I think about food. Could it help you, too?

My Beauty Bunny - Rumor is this palette is an out of this world, glitter-lovers dream come true! See our verdict: Urban Decay Moondust Palette Review, Swatches & Tutorial

My Newest Addiction - Laura has been in Hawaii all week, so it is only fitting that she share a hair tutorial on Big Beachy Waves.

Olive & Ivy - How cute is this super easy mermaid nail art? Totally doable for beginners (like myself!)

Phyrra - Feeling fatigue from all the makeup palettes coming out? I bring you a little levity with a new Anti-Haul video!

we heart this - Put some Browder of your brows! They'll look a lot bretter...er...better!

Beautygeeks - tells a tale of a stinking-hot airport, a West Jet system shut-down, a two-hour (plus 1.5 more) lineup, and the magic that revived the spirits and humour of 20 weary beauty editors.

Blushing Noir - Bring on the nostalgia with the MAC Good Luck Trolls makeup collection!

EauMG - has found the perfect beach musk perfume! It smells like manoï on warm skin.

(Wondering what the Lipstick League is? Find out here.)

Gouldylox is Currently Craving: I love lipsticks and when I find a formula that rocks my world, I want to collect them all. In this case, it's the new Amuse Bouche lipstick from Bite Beauty. The color Kimchi was my BFF last week and while I can't wear that color daily, I don't want to wear any other formula right now.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I just finished a loreal visible lift moisturizer( the last Target beauty box). I'll probably never finish all my eye shadow palettes either. Unless I stop buying them. LOL. I have some older( like 20yrs old) MAC palettes and almost every shadow is almost gone. I'm saving them to turn into back to MAC. Back then, I had very little makeup so I used the same things each day. Emily Noel has a video with a friend of hers, where she goes thru her makeup bag. Her friend( a weather girl) only has a few palettes and she's hit pan on every single shadow. Some have few little left. So impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished a Nuxe mini Prodiguese oil (the clear not the sparkly). I loved it so much I bought the fragrance (they sell that now!) and the candle. They have surprisingly great sales!


    I think I will never use up my NAKED palettes. I kind of got tired of them. The Rose one just makes my eyes look like I've been crying, so I hardly ever use it. The original one just kind of bores me with all the colors of sludge. I don't wear much colored eye shadow, so it's not like I want baby blue, but I am preferring cream shadows that blend and last forever on top of Urban Decay's shadow primer. I'm old, I need the cream!

    Last thing: product recommendation! L'Oreal Everpure 6 in 1 cleansing balm: it's supposed to go shampoo all the way through styling cream. I was skeptical but it was on sale at Amazon. LOVE it. I tend to tangle but no tangles. One product. It doesn't lather up big at all, it has a sort of weird feel to it, no slippery feel as it doesn't have silicones. But I can comb right out (not needing conditioner) and style and I'm pretty happy with the results. I'm swimming a lot now and it's handling the chlorine fine. I still use hairspray but for now this neat.

    I just have to say, I check this site multiple times a day. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished Cover Girl mascara The Super Sizer which I loved and will buy. I got it in a sub box. However I have a few others to go thru first. I never finish my nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished the Lumene Eye Makeup Remover (got a coupon via Influenster), and it's alright. I don't think I will ever finish all of my liquid lipsticks. I have way too many and just go for the same three repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently hit bottom on a container of those Nip+Fab glycolic fix pads -- and bought more. I'm also almost done with a mineral foundation I found on Etsy, by MBA cosmetics. It has some botanicals in it that are supposed to be good for skin, but I just like it because the color is a good match for my skin and I can get light or more opaque coverage as needed. I'm getting pretty good use out of that Maybelline dark blonde pencil (I rediscovered it a couple months back after not seeing it anywhere for a while). I'm also getting good use of of their lumi undereye concealer, in Radiant. It covers dark circles on me pretty well. Those are givens for being used up and/or repurchased.
    As for things I'll never use up, probably all my eyeshadows and blushes. I have way too many of both. And I'll never use up most of my lipsticks because I just have too many.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just finished my latest round of sample-sized Smashbox primers; I've never had to purchase it because I've gotten so many free samples! I can't imagine I'll ever finish a tube of eyeshadow primer...I've noticed lately my Urban Decay Primer Potion has gotten a bit watery. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't remember what the last product I finished was, probably a pack of simple cleansing wipes (love these for when I go swatch crazy on my face!) and something I don't think I'll ever finish is any lipstick or eyeshadow, I haven't even hit pan on a single shadow in any of my palettes or indibidual pans it's terrible 😭

    ReplyDelete
  8. Currently working on using up by makeup products, but it's hard when one has so many!! I have donated most of my untouched makeup products to my friends and they are using it more than me. :) I love love your blog, but I have stopped buying makeup for the past months (maybe a small lip gloss here and there!) Truly still appreciate your time here

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig