Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, July 24, 2016

The Lipstick League - Week of 7.18.16


The Lipstick League Question of the Week

What alternative products do you use in your skincare regime? Think supplements, things found in the garden or the fridge... 

G's answer: oh so many. I use food-grade coconut oil for cooking, as well as on my skin. I sometimes use extra virgin olive oil to remove stubborn eye makeup. Whenever I juice a lemon, I rub the already-squeezed lemon halves on each of my elbows (I read somewhere that this will help brighten dark skin on elbows so hey, why not use them once more before you toss them, right?). I put cucumber slices on my eyes when they're extra puffy. I fix broken nails with tea bags...the list goes on!

The Lipstick League Links of the Week

EauMG - I can’t explain why but this cheap, celebrity perfume ALWAYS gets me compliments. Since I like this perfume too, this makes me really happy.

Gouldylox - Have you seen the new It Cosmetics Superhero palette? It launches in August and you're probably going to need it.

My Beauty Bunny - It's ALL about the highlighting these days, and we've got the details on the latest must-have palette: Anastasia Beverly Hills Moonchild Glow Kit: Hit or Miss?

My Newest Addiction - This week Laura shared one of her summer beauty secrets! Check out her 5 reasons to fake tan before vacation!

Nouveau Cheap - is Max Factor coming back to US drugstores? Yes! Kind of.

Olive & Ivy - I can’t get enough of the Tarte Lippie Lingerie Matte Lip Tints! They are gorgeous and so comfortable for everyday wear. Best of all, there’s a nude for everyone in this line!

Phyrra - You know I’m passionate about cruelty free beauty. But did you know I care about animal friendly handbags? I share my favorite animal friendly eco friendly vegan handbags!

we heart this - Have you seen the new Kleenex Exfoliating Pads? You're going to wonder how you ever traveled without them?

Beautygeeks - is all over these summer scents for living your fantasy life – and the Summer Pasta recipe slays, too.

Blushing Noir - When you have no time to fuss with coordinating your makeup products buy a multi-tasker like the new PIXI Beauty 2-in-1 MultiBalms… or enter to WIN ALL FIVE.

(Wondering what the Lipstick League is? Find out here.)

EauMG is Currently Craving: MILK Holographic Stick. This HUGE moisturizing shimmer stick is perfect for those of us that want to look like a really cute alien or miss being a 90’s club kid.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I do the tea bag method sometimes. I use coconut oil to deep condition my hair (overnight). I take collagen supplements. My Mom swears that my skin looks great! At 87 hope still springs eternal, she wants to start taking it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take some supplements like turmeric. I also will tinker and make my own concoctions, infusing oils with herbs, mixing a few ingredients like aloe with a few ingredients, depending what I want for a result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use coconut oil and baking soda to exfoliate my face. I use coconut oil and epson salt (magnesium sulfate) to exfoliate my legs. The first time I used a name brand product I was like "o.0 it does the same thing..." never shelling out money for that again! Also I've washed my hair with apple cider vinegar and baking soda and it turns out SO great! The vinegar makes my hair so smooth and shiney and really cleans it better than any shampoos I've tried (including chi and bedhead). The only down side is that it smells... :'(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went for a while using only an ACV rinse. After an adjustment period I was a fan. I really loved the saving money part, and I got used to the scent. I like natural smells over synthetic.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig