Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, May 11, 2016

NEW Yves Rocher Mattifying Lip Primer (and It's on Sale)


Before I get into this post, let me just say up front that yes, I know that many people apply a light dusting of loose face powder to their lips to mattify a lip color. And yes, I know that there are other mattifying lip products on the market like the Smashbox Insta-Matte Lipstick Transformer ($24) and the Cargo Matte Top Coat ($22). So the purpose of this post is just to let you know that if you're interested in this type of product, there's a new one on the market...and it's currently on sale!

The new Yves Rocher Mattifying Lip Primer is now available on their website HERE. It regularly retails for $13, but it's on sale as of the time of this post for $7 (46% off). If you're new to Yves Rocher, they offer many freebies with purchase and various discount codes at any given time (I'll break that all down for you at the end of this post).

From the Yves Rocher website:
It is now possible to have a lipstick that is matte and comfortable at the same time!
Enriched with organic Shea butter and the nourishing properties of beeswax, this primer smoothes lips and sets lipstick without drying it up. Its powdery finish eliminates any shine and your lipstick appears matte in a single step.  
The Plus: Easy to use, its transparent tip glides over the lips and sets your lipstick color without changing it. 
Paraben free. 
0.08 o.z. / 2,5 g Pencil. 
Ingredients :polyethylene,c9-12 alkane,isododecane,hydrogenated microcrystalline wax,octyldodecanol,cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille,cetearyl alcohol,stearalkonium hectorite,synthetic fluorphlogopite,ethylhexyl palmitate,polysilicone-11,hydrogenated coconut acid,tocopheryl acetate,butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter,cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax/cire microcristalline,propylene carbonate,coco-caprylate/caprate,synthetic wax,tribehenin,stearyl glycyrrhetinate,ammonium glycyrrhizate,allantoin,trihydroxystearin,sodium hyaluronate,tocopherol,sorbitan isostearate,lecithin,ascorbyl palmitate,glyceryl stearate,glyceryl oleate,lactic acid,citric acid,palmitoyl tripeptide-1,glucomannan,ci 77491 (iron oxides)

If you're interested in trying this, here's some info that may help:

  • Yves Rocher accepts PayPal and you receive free shipping on orders $40+. They do not accept orders below $10. There are currently 4 gifts to choose from (free with ANY order) that will automatically pop up in your cart, and then other gifts that will be added to your order depending on how much you spend. You can check out all of the current freebies HERE.
  • Enter code WELCOME or 5OFF25 to receive $5 off your $25 order
  • Or enter code 10OFF50 to receive $10 off your $50 order (you will automatically receive free shipping with this code since all orders $40+ receive free shipping)

If you'd like some recommendations, Yves Rocher fragrances are well-respected within the perfume world and two of my all-time favorites (both on sale right now) are Lily of the Valley HERE (I'm a Lily of the Valley fiend and this is my favorite LOTV of all time--so fresh and lovely) and Monoi Eau Vahines HERE (check out my full review here). I also adore their body washes HERE (so many unique scents that you can't find elsewhere and they're always on sale).

I've been super curious about their Raspberry Rinsing Vinegar HERE. If you have tried that one, please let me know what you think in the comments below? There are some very good reviews on Makeup Alley.

If you have any Yves Rocher recommendations you'd like to share, I would LOVE to hear to hear from you. I'm always looking for new products to try from YR. I'm a longtime fan but there's just so much on their site at any given time that it's a bit overwhelming!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Oh, tempting! Is the Lily of the Valley smell true to the flower, or does it smell like LOTV with a little something extra? I love LOTV, lilac, hyacinth ... any spring flower scent.
    The mattifier sounds interesting, too. I like some glossier lipsticks, but I have often found myself doing the powder-pat thing to cut the shine some, but I don't want to pay $20 or more for a mattifier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as pure as the pre-reformulated Diorissmo (gold standard) but there's not so much else in the mix that you can't distinguish the LOTV. I mean, LOTV is definitely the most prominent note. There's a green accord which makes the overall fragrance smell like both LOTV flower *and* its leaves. It's super fresh and almost (almost) crisp, in a sense. Check out Fragrantica for way better descriptions that I can give. Lol!

      http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Yves-Rocher/Muguet-En-Fleurs-17551.html

      Delete
    2. I'm definitely curious. I like some of the samplers they have on the site, too, as I want to get my mom something and their packages sound promising.

      Delete
  2. I'm interested to hear reviews on this. Has anyone tried it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's literally brand new, so I do not think there are reviews anywhere yet. Unless someone lives near am Yves Rocher boutique (in Canada or Europe) and bought one very recently and posts a review online, I don't think we'll see any online reviews for a while. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. I wish Yves Rocher was still cruelty free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a couple things last time I was in Europe. An automatic lipliner, an automatic eyeliner and a couple of nail polish and I really like them. The prices on their US site are quite a bit higherich than European.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashbox makes a lip mattifier too. Theirs is in a tube. I got a sample from Sephora and it works great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup (see my first paragraph). :)

      Glad to hear you like it!!!

      Delete
  6. What is this Svengali power that you have over me that I buy whatever you suggest? I think G is some kind of hypnotist!!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vinegar rinse did not give a huge difference in terms of shine for me and it does contain alcohol as one of it's ingredients. That said, it smells AMAZING and I plan on trying it again.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig