Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, October 24, 2014

My Absolute Favorite Nail Color of Fall 2014

I know that the buzz surrounding the Milani Fall 2014 Limited Edition Bedazzled Collection has focused primarily on the eyeliners and lipsticks, but when I received some products from this collection for review a while back, I kind of gasped when I saw this nail color in person.

If you're a longtime reader of this blog, then you know that I don't often go crazy over red nail polish. But every once in a while a certain red catches my eye and I fall hard for it. The last red that really won my heart was Maybelline Autumn Leaves from back in the Fall of 2011. Not since then has a fall limited edition red really spoken to me but, I'm telling you, this Milani polish is The One. I even named the title of this blog post after the post I wrote for that Maybelline polish back in 2011, because I feel like it deserves the same amount of praise.

Milani Color Statment Nail Lacquer in Echanted Garnet
From the Fall 2014 Limited Edition Bedazzled Collection
(retail: $3.99, 0.33 oz)

Before I get to my review, I want to let you know that as of the time of this post, the Bedazzled collection is no longer available on the Milani website (hopefully it pops up there again soon..sometimes that happens!). But I have heard from readers who have still been finding this collection at their Walgreens and CVS stores quite recently. Per Milani, this collection is exclusive to CVS and Walgreens, so hopefully you can still find it in your area. And if you can't, perhaps try Amazon or eBay. To me personally, it's worth the hunt. Keep reading to find out why...




Enchanted Garnet is a shimmery crimson in a blacked jelly base. I intentionally left some of this polish on the rim of the bottle above, so that you can get a better idea of the blackened base. 

Two coats, no top coat

In very low lighting, the blackened base can make it appear that you're wearing black nail polish (or a very, very dark, vampy red). But once even just a bit of light hits your nails, WOWEEE! That shimmer comes out and gives this polish the most gorgeous glow. I cannot stop looking at my nails when I'm wearing this color and it almost puts me in a little trance sometimes (weird, I know, but hey, I'm a polish fanatic and sometimes pretty nail polishes have that power over me). In full sunlight there's no way you'd mistake this for a black nail polish--it looks like a gorgeous, rich, shimmery crimson in the sun. But I'm telling you--dim light, low light, sunlight--it doesn't matter. I love it in all of its various states. It's one of those fall/winter colors that goes with everything but it never gets boring.

As for application, the first coat is a tiny bit streaky, but two coats is all you need for excellent opacity. This polish dries quickly and dries to a nice, shiny finish. The formula is super easy to work with and I love the narrow brush. This one's pretty much perfection in a bottle, all the way around.

FINAL VERDICT: If you see this at CVS or Walgreens, and you even so much as like deep reds, I say grab it. I know that colors like this aren't unique and I'm sure this one's dupe-able to a certain extent, but there's something a bit special about this particular shade. I don't know if it's the ratio of blackened base to red shimmer, or if it's the particular shade of red shimmer that gets me, but something about Enchanted Garnet speaks to me in a way that very, very few reds speak to me. I honestly can't recommend this enough and I really hope that Milani considers making this part of the permanent collection at some point.

Do you own any of the nail colors from the Bedazzled Collection? If so, which shades do you own and what do you think of them?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.Blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. I love this one too. The color is to die for (heh) and it goes on like a dream. I was a bit disappointed with some of the shades from Milani's initial Color Statement launch, but this one more than makes up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This review is amusing to me because it popped up on my feed AS I WAS PAINTING MY NAILS WITH THIS. :D And you're right, this colour is stunning! I am so glad I got it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous color! Could you please put a photo of this in bright light on your IG page G.? Would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks pretty close to some other colors I have, and I don't like the new bottles, so I'll pass. My favorite this year is KBShimmer's "Leaf of Faith." My next order from her will include a back up bottle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this display at Kmart just this past week and bought all 3 colors of the polish. It was strange because the rest of their Milani Polish was not from the new color statement line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this and put it down because it's similar to a bunch of shades. BUT I WISH I HAD'NT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color is gorgeous! Does this stain the nails?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Germanicure by opi and divine by revlon are extremely similar if not dead on dupes for this color if anyone is having trouble finding it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love a good dupe tip when it comes to LE shades.

      Delete
    2. Jessica cosmetics has a Polish dupe of this too, I can't recall the name ATM sorry

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous. I love the flowery background in the photo, too. I may have looked at this polish with the rest of the collection a month or so ago and passed, but I'll give it another look if I can spot it. It reminds me a lot of the Sephora Formula X I found at Big Lots, called Privileged, a beautiful shimmery garnet that has the hint of a golden shimmer or mild duochrome effect in certain lighting. It's one that I thought, oh, it's pretty and it's $2 so I'll get it, but I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I own all three of the Enchanted's. But my fav is Ultra-Violet. I love it so much I bought it 3 times!

    ReplyDelete
  11. After seeing the way it looks on your nails I want it even more. Such a lovely color!! Heartbreaking it's a limited edition shade.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I picked this one up, and love it but realized that Wet n Wild has a similar shade in their Megalast line, Under Your Spell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I said that before seeing your post. Great minds.

      Delete
  13. This is similar to Sinful Colors Rich in Heart. However, Rich in Heart looks darker because it doesn't have as much crimson shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, RiH looks more brown on me for this reason I think.

      Delete
  14. This is gorgeous, and only slightly more raspberry than the cranberry shimmer in my similar favorite, Wet n Wild Megalast Under Your Spell! I checked a CVS in Brooklyn, and we don't have the Holiday display yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Am I the only one who hasn't seen ANYTHING in the Bedazzled collection yet, anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I picked up all 3 shades of nail polish, the black gel eyeliner, and the Enchanted Topaz lipstick back when CVS had Milani on BOGO50%. I haven't tried out this polish yet, but I do like it in the bottle. I'm a sucker for a deep red nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! Can you please do a comparison to Wet N Wild Under Your Spell and Rimmel Red Lava? I own both because I was looking for a blackened crimson but both of those look brownish when applied.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig