Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 21, 2014

More Profusion Holiday 2014 Sets Now at Walgreens

If you're new to the brand Profusion, their products can often be found at Walgreens, Ross, Marshalls and even select Dollar Tree locations. Profusion is known for being extremely affordable, and sometimes I've found that the pigmentation of their eyeshadows isn't the greatest, but there are certain very noteworthy exceptions--especially when it come to their holiday collections.

If you missed my post about the Profusion $1 Holiday 5-Pans, they're back again for Holiday 2014 and those babies are little gems, I tell you (check out my review from Winter 2013 HERE). But did you know that there are OTHER Profusion holiday sets now popping up at Walgreens?

Thanks so much to reader Lina for the following pics. Lina spotted these new sets at her Walgreens this week and was nice enough to share pics and lots of info with us:

image credit: Lina for Nouveau Cheap
Profusion Holiday 2014 Sets
(retail: $3 - $5 at Walgreens)

Just wait until you see the inside of these sets...


image credit: Lina for Nouveau Cheap
Profusion Bejeweled Makeup Booklets in Smoky and Natural
(retail: $3 each)
Lina writes:

These are small (maybe 5x5?), but each one has two cardboard pages with makeup.  There is a mirror on the inside cover, with eye shadows on the first page and lip glosses on the second page.  The blue book is called "smoky" and the pink book is called "natural."  The lip glosses were the same in both books.

image credit: Lina for Nouveau Cheap
Top: Smoky
Bottom: Natural

image credit: Lina for Nouveau Cheap
Lip colors are the same for both booklets

image credit: Lina for Nouveau Cheap
Profusion Stunning Eyes 10 Color Palettes
Pink Palette (neutral) and Blue Palette (smoky)
(retail: $5 each)

Lina writes:

These are booklets with soft, very glittery covers.  There is a mirror on the inside cover.  The pink one has neutral colors colors and the blue one has smokier colors.  They each come with an eyeliner pencil (couldn't figure out the color of the pencil) and a double-ended sponge applicator.  The colors are similar, but definitely not the same as the eye shadows in the Bejeweled booklets.

image credit: Lina for Nouveau Cheap
Pink Palette (neutral)

image credit: Lina for Nouveau Cheap
Blue Palette (smoky)

image credit: Lina for Nouveau Cheap
Profusion Ultimate Beauty Book
(retail: $5)

Lina writes:


This is about the same size as the e.l.f. palettes, maybe a little smaller.  The inside cover has a mirror and instructions/tips.  There are eye shadows, an eyeliner pencil, powder blushes, and lip glosses. There are also three small double-ended brushes included--blush brushes, lip brushes, and sponge applicators.

image credit: Lina for Nouveau Cheap

Have you seen these Holiday 2014 sets at your local Walgreens yet? Remember to LOOK UP to the higher shelves outside of the beauty department when you're looking for them! At these prices, I'm tempted to buy them all (remember, if you try something and you don't like it, Walgreens allows returns on used beauty items). The colors in that pink glittery palette are seriously speaking to me right now. They're very Urban Decay Naked 3-ish, no?

Thanks so very much, Lina, for the fantastic pics and detailed information. I truly appreciate it!
SHARE:

25 comments

  1. Pretty sure I've seen Profusion at 5 Below as well. Will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've definitely seen Profusion at the 5 Below near me.

      Delete
  2. Man, I was just at Walgreens two days ago and did not see these. I guess everything is trickling in. I will be on the lookout for these for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sets look great but the price makes me wonder how good the makeup is. Is it any good? The ultimate beauty book got my attention....may have to stop at Walgreens tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 5-pans I have, the $1 ones

      Delete
    2. Oops, that went too early sorry!. The 5-pan $1 ones I have are wonderful. Soft, buttery, pigmented, better than some of the HE brands I have. Don't let the price scare you, they are quite good, surprisingly assuming these are the same e/s as the 5-pans. I need more palettes like a hole in the head yet that pink neutral 10pan one has my name all over it. I guess for $5 I can't feel TOO guilty, lol!

      Delete
    3. Buttery is a good way to describe them. I have a four-pan of neutrals I found at Dollar General and a 24-color palette I picked up at Walgreens for $2 last year (full of jewel tones and neutrals) and though they're the cheapest shadows I have they work the best for me. I'm going to hunt for more again this year. It's a great way to play with shades you wouldn't normally try, either.

      Delete
    4. They are quite good, the ones I've gotten have great pigmentation and with a primer last all day. I have gotten a bit of fallout with some of the shades, so be aware of that and do your eyes before your foundation, or use whatever tricks you generally use with fallout.

      Delete
    5. I really like Profusion eye shadows. I have a bunch of palettes. I have huge ones and small ones. The eye shadow has a soft, creamy texture and goes on well. There is some fallout but most shadow do have a little bit. With the price, you can't beat it. I have seen some people say they don't like it, but I think it is because it doesn't cost $50 for a small palette. People think if it is expensive, it is good, and that is soooo untrue!

      Delete
  4. I've seen these at my local Walgreens and have already purchased the 5 pan profusion $1 palettes. The Bejeweled books are also available at Ulta in the stands near the checkout , but I think they are $5 there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. $3 for the Bejeweled Booklet??? With lip gloss and eye shadow!!!! I love it! I really want the neutral one!!! However I also want the Hard Candy neutral palette you showed us the other day? What is a girl to do? Buy both? I suppose I could but I don't wear E/S enough to make it worth while!!! Decision time I guess! Thanks for the info!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey who knows? Maybe if you get a couple of sweet palettes to play around with you'll like wearing eyeshadow more often? Yes, I can be an enabler... lol

      Delete
  6. If you live near a Beauty Supply store (not Sally's) check them out for Profusion palettes.
    Over the weekend I scored an all matte palette for $3.99. The shadows are highly-pigmented and super soft. There is some fallout, but for the price I can't complain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw a bunch of these at my Wallgreens and I couldn't decide! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw tons of this stuff at 5 Below today. Never see anyone talk about 5 Below and they have a great discount beauty section. Full line of Wet n Wild and today they had the trios from their summer collection. They also had the LA girl lip paints and nice LA girl shadow palettes and some LA Color stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Five Below is Texas based right? Visited one in Harker Heights last year.Bought a nice brush set there that I still use today!

      Delete
    2. I thought Five Below is east coast, maybe a few in the midwest too? I don't think they are in California (where G is) so that might be why she doesn't mention them.

      Delete
    3. We have a few 5 Below's here in PA where I live. I have found quite a few Profusion palettes there also. Great prices. Everything at the store is $5 or below.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the tip on this one! I bought the pink glittery palette and wow - the swatches were so gorgeous. I even liked the super-thin eyeliner it came with. So far my favorite shade is the shimmery rose color - very top left in the picture above. I am so impressed! I'd post pics of the swatches but my camera sucks. For all of you debating whether to pick this up, it's a steal! Thanks so much for finding it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just went to walgreens to pick up the pink glittery one and another pink diamond printed packaging one from color workshop one that is AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just curious to know if Profusion is made by Wet n' Wild? Will someone please let me know. Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so. There is a Profusion website. They are located in California. The website is always out of things and items on there are more expensive than if you buy them else where.

      Delete
  12. I bought the pink and blue glittery pallettes and I have yet to try the blue, but the pink is wonderful! I went back yesterday and they have new ones that are in animal print packaging. One is called bare and the other is smoky. I got them both and they swatch beautifully. Even the light colored mattes are very pigmented!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig