Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, October 20, 2014

L'Oréal Acquires Carol's Daughter


L'Oreal owns Urban Decay, Maybelline, Garnier, Essie and lots of other brands that many of us know and love. And just this past June, L'Oreal acquired NYX. But did you know that Carol's Daughter can now be added to that list?

Keep reading for the official press release and to watch a video announcement from Lisa Price, founder of Carol's Daughter...

From the L'Oreal website:

 New York, NY – October 20, 2014 – L’Oréal USA announced today the signing of a definitive agreement to acquire Carol’s Daughter. Headquartered in New York City, Carol’s Daughter is a premier American multi-cultural beauty brand with a pioneering heritage in the natural beauty movement. Created by Lisa Price in 1993, the brand caters to a diverse, rapidly growing market and has established a loyal consumer following across the country.

Following a multi-channel distribution model, Carol’s Daughter offers a comprehensive range of products that are available at specialty beauty stores, mass retailers, on HSN, through e-commerce and at Carol’s Daughter branded stores in New York City.For the 12 months ending September 30, 2014, Carol’s Daughter had net sales of US $27 million.

“Carol’s Daughter possesses an expertise in the multi-cultural consumer segment, a rapidly expanding market that represents an important growth opportunity in the beauty industry,” said Frédéric Rozé, President and CEO of L’Oréal USA. “This acquisition will enable L’Oreal USA to build a new dedicated multi-cultural beauty division as part of our Consumer Products business, and strengthen the company’s position in this dynamic market.”

Carol’s Daughter will continue to operate out of their New York City headquarters under the brand’s current leadership team. This acquisition further enhances L’Oréal USA’s roster of American brands which includes Maybelline NY, Kiehl’s, Essie, Urban Decay, Clarisonic and NYX.

“I have worked hard for the past 21 years nurturing my brand and am thrilled that we will have a new home with L'Oréal USA," said Lisa Price, Founder and President of Carol’s Daughter. “L’Oréal has a proven track record of helping established companies achieve their full potential while staying true to the core of the brand and they have an understanding of the future of multi-cultural beauty.  I could not be more proud to begin this next chapter of the Carol's Daughter brand with them. I know that my mother (Carol) is smiling as well.”




What are your thoughts about this news? As a longtime fan of CD, I'm hoping that we will soon have better access to the full range of products from the brand. Back in March, Target started to carry select Carol's Daughter products both online and in-store and I hope that this continues. I'd love to have easier access to my beloved Almond Cookie
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Well I read that she didn't even own this company anymore. A small firm had it. People have been saying the products aren't as good anymore. The website started to show only light skinned black women but kept showing darker skinned black men. That bothered some people because it seemed a double standard. The CD stores are closing. Macy's stopped carrying them. I noticed that it's harder to find the bodycare line. What ever came of the celeb investors?There was so much variety and pretty packaging in the 90's and early 00.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. , I didn't know about the controversy with the site. Thank you for the info. I completely agree about the abundance of products and the pretty packaging in the 90s. That was also when I could find them locally and I remember just wanting to spend my entire paycheck on CD goodies. I haven't tried any of the haircare stuff at Target yet but I did notice the packaging was a lot different from back in the day. I bought a ton of Almond Cookie stuff during a Black Friday sale two years ago and the scent is exactly how I remember it, so I really hope it stays that way! And yes, I remember Jada and Mary J were investors, right? I wonder if they're still attached to the brand? Hum...

      Delete
    2. It is a good move for Lisa financially but the formula will and has changed when she started on HSN which I love to watch because mass production is different from in the kitchen. Making 1 batch oppose to 30 batch. So now L'oréal has to work with Hsn hmmm. Like I said we will see carols daughter in riteaid and Walgreen. soon.

      Delete
    3. No, she didn't own it anymore, but she is still the president of the company. So far. (it was owned by an investment firm before sale)

      Delete
  2. Do you know if this means the haircare won't be natural anymore. I find that Carol's daughter tends to be sulfate, silicone, etc free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo sad about this, while I love the Monoi line it's just sad to see a basically grass roots company swallowed up by another corporation. The company had to also file for bankruptcy protection before this buy-out. I also wonder, where were Jada and Mary J.? Did CD approach Magic Johnson or Oprah Winfrey? While I have no problem with marketing to a wider audience, the core people who have been there since the beginning should not be forgotten once growth happens.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig