Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, September 15, 2014

The Lipstick League - week of 9.8.14


The Lipstick League Question of the Week

 When a beauty product is labeled "Limited Edition" (LE), are you more inclined to purchase it? 

G's answer: In regard to drugstore limited edition products, I'm not more inclined to make a  purchase, but I am CERTAINLY more inclined to find the collection in a timely manner. Since I try to blog and review LE drugstore products as soon as they come out, I don't always have the luxury of reading other bloggers' reviews to see which products might be stand-outs and worth a purchase. So I try to find LE collections in person as quickly as I can, so I can at least look at them to see if anything catches my eye. As for higher-end limited edition collections, I try to read as many reviews as quickly as I can so I can determine whether or not something is worth a purchase before it's gone forever. In summary, the title "limited edition" doesn't compel me to buy, but it does stress me out!

The Lipstick League Links of the Week

Gouldylox Reviews - Need dark circle help? Want to look well rested? This may be just what your looking for.

Lipglossiping - All the shine without any of the removal issues! Revlon debuts their take on the latest drugstore “gel-a-like” nail polishes!

My Beauty Bunny - Looking for a dark, vampy red polish for fall? You must check out my new favorite, Mrs Mia Wallace, from the Urban Decay Pulp Fiction collection!

Prime Beauty - has fallen for NARS Night Caller Collection, especially Unlawful Blush: it definitely doesn't play by the rules!

Phyrra - You demanded it! I'm bringing you the Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette!

we heart this - We've got swatches of the limited edition MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Shadow palette. 30 of 'em. You may want to grab your wallet...

Beauty Junkies Unite - See the differences between the Urban Decay NAKED Basics palette, and the brand new NAKED2 Basics eyeshadow palette! Amber has the breakdown.

Clumps of Mascara - is holding on to summer with this sizzling summer look!

EauMG - shares her August 2014 Empties. She also proves that she can’t go more than two months without buying cosmetics...

Glitter.Gloss.Garbage - Does the Wet n Wild High Waisted Jeans palette live up to it’s value of $3.99? You decide.

(Wondering what the Lipstick League is? Find out here.)

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Gouldylox Reviews - Harshleen at Beauty Tidbits is always so sweet and her blog has great advice. Check out this recent post about affordable shadow palettes!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I'm definitely more likely to buy immediately and if I really don't like it return it since I know it may be the only time I have the opportunity to get my hands on it. I found the Halloween LE WnW palettes just two days ago.. and bought all of them when I had not intended to.. but that was because the lady at Wags pulled them out of the box for me, there was a very limited amount of stock, they were only $3, and I would rather have gotten them all than miss out on the ones I wanted. I'm much more careful about high end purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more inclined to check it out if it's LE, but that doesn't always mean I'll buy. Some stuff I've waited out and found at Big Lots or clearance bins and I get a cheap thrill out of that. It kind of depends on my mood more than anything. Like with the Wet n Wild Melrose eyeshadows I had been wanting palettes in those colors so I snatched those up, but other stuff, it all depends on my mood, if there's a sale, if it's a color I like, or just how impulsive I feel that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am no more or less inclined to purchase an LE product but I am getting annoyed at the sheer volume of LE products. I feel that if not so many LE products were created then possibly the core products would not be as expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...Doesn't compel me to buy but does stress me out!"

    Ya took the words right outta my mouth!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig