image credit: Kratrina for Nouveau Cheap
Sinful Shine Fall 2014 Shining Bright off the Runway Collection at Walgreens
(retail: $1.99 each, 0.5 oz)
There are lots of rumors floating around about Sinful Colors possibly discontinuing the Sinful Shine line at Walgreens. So I'd like to set the record straight, to the best of my knowledge.
- I called three different local Walgreens stores here in my area, and I asked if they could look up the status of Sinful Shine nail polishes in the system. All three Beauty Advisors confirmed to me that the system showed the Sinful Shine line had a "deleted" status in the system, which I was told means the same thing as "discontinued."
- I also asked a few lovely readers of this blog, who also happen to be Walgreens Beauty Advisors, if they might have seen the same "deleted" status, and the ones who got back to me said that they did see "deleted" in the system as well. While I cannot guarantee this to be true when it comes to all stores nationwide, I think that this might explain why some of you haven't seen the Sinful Shine displays restocked at your Walgreens stores for a while. Again, I am not saying that the Sinful Shine line has been 100% discontinued across the board at all Walgreens locations (I have no way of knowing that) but this might be the case.
- I do not believe that Sinful Colors is getting rid of the Sinful Shine line altogether. Over the past few months, several of you have told me that you've spotted Sinful Shines at your local WALMART stores, and I have personally seen Sinful Shine polishes pop up on an end-cap display at my local Walmart recently (and the price at Walmart is 2 for $3, by the way).
- JUST IN: as I was writing this post, reader Tanya on Facebook let me know that she just spotted the new Fall 2014 collection pictured above at her RITE AID (Rite Aid previously did not carry Sinful Shines--only Sinful Colors).
- So if you're looking for Prosecco, which is a lovely greige with gold flecks that's currently causing a minor frenzy in the nail polish community, look for the display pictured above at your local RITE AID if you can't find it at Walgreens!
Thanks so much to the extremely helpful Beauty Advisors for the info mentioned above, and thanks to reader Tanya for the tip about Rite Aid. I really appreciate it!
NOTE: Once again, I cannot verify that the Sinful Shine line has been discontinued across the board at all Walgreens locations and, at this point, I think only time will tell. If you would like more info or have any questions, please contact your Walgreens directly. I am in no way affiliated with Walgreens or Sinful Colors and I have no information other than what I've posted here.