Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Lipstick League – week of 3.31.14

 

Lipstick League Question of the Week

 What color do you have on your nails right now? 

G's answer: I'm actually in the process of swatching a new polish that I'll be posting pics of tonight, so I'll keep you in suspense for a bit!

Links of the Week

Gouldylox Reviews - Don't let your taxes stress you out. Figure out how to de-stress and enter to win $100 from Coupons.com.

Lipglossiping - explores the promise that you can banish grey roots in minutes with the help of a Josh Wood Blending Wand. But do magic wands really exist?

My Beauty Bunny - Spring is here and if you want to smell like an expensive, exotic bouquet of flowers - we've got the perfect giveaway! Click here to enter to win a bottle of Journey by Harvey Prince Perfume.

Nouveau Cheap - Want a taste of Summer 2014? The new Maybelline Bleached Neons Collection for Summer 2014 has arrived (Color Tattoos, Color Elixirs, Master Glaze Blush Sticks and more).

Pink Sith - Did you know that 99.99% of the population suffers from Blush Color Blindness? See if you are part of the 0.01% by taking this simple test with the Lise Watier Imagine Blush for Spring!

Prime Beauty - is ditching her black, gray and brown winter wardrobe for the brights shades of summer. Bring On The Brights!

Phyrra - loves the new Too Faced A La Mode Eyes Palette! She shares 5 tutorials with it, plus a review.

we heart this - has got a MEGA giveaway for perfume lovers; win $308 in BPAL perfume oils!

EauMG - Whoo! We survived winter! Victoria does a quick re-cap of her most worn perfumes of Winter 13/14. Now bring on the spring perfumes!

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Gouldylox Reviews I love blogs from other countries and Viola's Killer Colours blog (Sweden) has been one of my favorite for years. I love her photos, her style and her writing. Sure, I can't buy many of the products she writes about, but I definitely get some amazing ideas!
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Nothing :-(. I just found out I am expecting and I am not sure which polishes are safe. I removed my fake Gel Nails and my nails look awful. I need to do more research and find out what is safe. I don't remember any worries over nail polish with my last pregnancy, but then again, that was eight years ago. Maybe things have changed or I was just clueless last time. Either way, now that I know I would rather play it safe and only wear polishes that are known to be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! Try Searching Knocked Up Nails, also Scotch, Keeki and Aquarella

      Delete
  2. A tangerine creme from the Sinful Colors gel shine line, topped with a tangerine/holo glitter from Maybelline color show. Sorry I don't have the shade names on hand. Pretty, but I don't think it does the glitter justice, since the matching colors basically neutralize the orange glitter. Think I'm going to try piling that on alone next mani. The gel shine polishes are really nice, this is my second one.. a bit thick, but very pigmented and last for a long time without chipping, and the color doesn't fade in vibrancy over time like some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just applied NYC Peach Sparkle in combination with Sinful Colors Cinderella. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. China Glaze Budding Romance topped with flakies (Finger Paints Vivid Reflection) and matte topcoat :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. NYC In a Minute in High Line Green, a nice spring color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Color Club 'Wicker Park' with the new NYC Shimmer Blast 'Sweet Candy' on top. Got a ton of compliments. It is very Spring-y.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two kinds. L'Oreal's I Like It Chunky on two fingers, and the Wet n Wild Street Art collection's Too Hot for You on the rest. (Couldn't make up my mind, so trying both relatively new polishes out.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just put on Essence Oh My Glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got on China Glaze Fade Into You topped with China Glaze Rainstorm, and accent nail of Color Club Blue Beaded from the Modern Mosaics micro collection....

    ReplyDelete
  10. SH xtreme wear in breezy blue, topped with Zoya Mosheen. Pretty, delicate, and sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just took it off today, so bare "man hands" uhhkkk! I had L.A. Girl. Color POP in Leap (neon green) with L.A. Girl CP in Hot Stuff on my pinkies. Later I'm going to use Peachy Keen on the accent nails and Sinfyl Colors Skylark on the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I expect to be ruining my polish at work this week so I cut my nails down very short (they are damaged from work last week) and put on a very neutral nude color so the scrapes and chips won't show up so bad. They were purple last week and I was considering covering it with a matte dark purple, but changed my mind in favor of the nude.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pale blue with a pale blue holographic fishscale stamp. I was playing a water nymph type creature at my larp this weekend, so I did my nails to match. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm wearing blue all month in honor of Autism Awareness Month, since I work with a lot of autistic students in my job. I'm currently sporting ChG Dorothy Who?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig