Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Lipstick League – week of 3.3.14


Lipstick League Question of the Week: 

 Name the last beauty product that was a failure for you. 

G's answer: I'm going to have to go with that new Ulta lipstick I reviewed here. It had poor staying power, it left me with "ring-around-the-lip" as it wore away, it had a bitter plastic taste and...shall I go on?

Links of the Week

Chalkboard Nails - Chalkboard Nails shares her swatches of the OPI Muppets Most Wanted collection. These soft shades are great for spring, but do they really say “Muppets?”

EauMG - has put together a guide to the best smelling hair products. If you could create your own “dream” scented hair product, what would it smell like?

Gouldylox Reviews - What do you think of letting your hair go gray? Is it a trendy time to jump on the gray hair bandwagon or would you keep your bottle color no matter what? I need to know!

Lipglossiping - It may be pink, but is theBalm’s latest Cindy-Lou Manizer really the perfect candidate for cool-toned ladies?

My Beauty Bunny - shares her favorite cruelty free Radiant Orchid makeup and nail picks on eBay. Save some cash and shop her collection!

Nouveau Cheap - Squishy jellies, vibrant cremes and fiery shimmers, all in one nail polish collection that costs $6 TOTAL? Yes and yes!

Prime Beauty - has 6 hand creams to keep your dry leathery hands looking smooth and supple with options from drugstore to luxury brands!

Phyrra - Phyrra's ecstatic for the new Urban Decay Electric Palette! Check out the chaos inducing colors and tutorial!

we heart this - You simply won't believe this insane amount of pigment and sass is only $6.49!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. "Baby Foot" foot peel kit, I had such high hopes but either my callouses are too hardy or the stuff just doesn't work. I didn't go into full molting season. Back to foot files I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you said something! I am so not impressed with Ulta's line of makeup! Where is the love? It's like they said, hey, we sell other people's brands, why not sell a house brand? Everything I've tried, went back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The $2 chubby eyeshadow pencil from e.l.f. in the color Turkish Coffee. Poor pigmentation and the worst wear of any eye shadow, cream or powder, that I've ever used. It all ended up in brown semicircles under my eyes. Total fail and it went in the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me it's the Blistex Lip Vibrance. While the color was really pretty it had a weird fake fruit smell and flavor. It reminded me of fruit-flavored cough syrup, fake fruit drink and chemicals.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig