Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, March 14, 2014

Spotted: NEW Black Radiance Limited Edition Loose Shimmer Shadow & Eyeshadow Primer Sets

Well what do we have here? Loose shimmer shadows in bright, bold colors that come with their own eyeshadow primer for $2.99 PER SET? That sounds pretty darned awesome to me!

Many thanks to reader Kitty for this one. Kitty spotted this new Black Radiance (from the makers of Wet n Wild) limited edition display at Walgreens this week and was nice enough to share pics with us. Take a look!

 image credit: Kitty for Nouveau Cheap
Black Radiance Limited Edition Loose Shimmer Shadow and Eyeshadow Primer Sets
(retail: $2.99 per set)

 image credit: Kitty for Nouveau Cheap
Hot Pink

Kitty mentioned that the eyeshadow containers look like the L'Oreal Infallible shadows and I agree! But I'm wondering if these are more like the Infallibles (loosely pressed pigments) or true loose shadows? I guess I'll have to hunt them down and find out (or hope that one of you can confirm!). 

The eyeshadow contains 0.06 oz of product (for perspective, a L'Oreal Infallible shadow contains 0.12 oz of product). The primer contains 0.16 oz of product (for perspective, the Wet n Wild Fergie eyeshadow primer contains 0.34 oz of product). So these are both pretty much "minis" but still a great deal for $2.99 total. I've been dying to try the Black Radiance Perfecting Eyeshadow Primer and the full-size version retails for $3.99. So this would be a great way to try it before committing to a full-size tube.

  image credit: Kitty for Nouveau Cheap
Orange

  image credit: Kitty for Nouveau Cheap
Cobalt

 image credit: Kitty for Nouveau Cheap
Purple

I'm very excited to find these in my area, and I'm not even a big loose eyeshadow fan. I just love the idea of these sets and I'm so curious if the shadows are true loose shadows or more like the L'Oreal Infallibles. If you have already purchased any of these, please do let us know!

Thanks so much, Kitty, for the great sighting and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Don't know if this helps but I found reviews from several years ago (2006-2009) for the BR loose shimmer shadows. They got very good reviews and were compared to MAC pigments so I am assuming they are a true pigment and not pressed.. however the packaging was quite different so who knows, they may have been reformulated. I hope these LE's mean the regular line is coming back because some of the colors sounded lovely. I didn't even know BR had an eye primer.. and was unable to find any mention of it online except for the BR website and a couple of stores selling it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this brand at any of my local drugstores. I wonder if we will be getting anything from Black Radiance, because these look very nice especially for the price range. And you're right, it's a good way to try the primer without committing to the full tube! Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an eye out for these products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't normally see Black Radiance, then you won't get them. Black Radiance is marketed towards black women, so up here in New Hampshire we don't get them since we don't have many minority women. (But I'm one! lol) But I do see the brand when I visit my family in Connecticut. I'm not sure where you are, but you may need to go to a more diverse area.

      Delete
  3. I have to hunt these down! They are must have for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I know we already have this in Miami. I'm going to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering.......whats the dif between a a face primer and an eye shadow primer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I was wondering.......whats the dif between a a face primer and an eye shadow primer? "

    Most face primers are designed to smooth texture, and make your foundation go on more smoothly and wear more evenly during the day. Eye primers generally either prolong shadow wear by absorbing/blocking oil, make shadow adhere better and therefore apply with more pigmentation, or both. Personally I have never found a face primer (even an oil absorbing formula) that works well on my eyes, but I have very oily skin and need some hardcore oil absorption on my lids. That bit of "glow" that looks lovely on your face can mean disaster for your shadow since your lid is in constant motion all day. If you have dry skin you may be able to use a face primer on your eyes.. but be aware of ingredients that may not play well with eyes such as acids and sunscreens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find the products in my Walgreens and CVS stores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found these today at the Walgreens on Goodman Road and 51 in Horn lake and they are loose pigments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. On the Black Radiance Website it said something about them being at Family Dollar. It said LImited Edition available ONLY at Family Dollar. I have visited a few and didnt see them. I figure if they arent available anymore why is it still being advertised? So maybe they are there if yours sells it. Worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These have become permanent at Walmart. They didnt have the violet but they had the rest and 2 more colors. Gold and Brown. BUT for the same price you dont get the small primer. :(

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig