Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Lipstick League – week of 2.10.14


Question of the Week

Be honest: How long do you go between pedicures? 

G's answer: If we're talking summertime, I try to do a pedi (trimming nails, removing old polish, applying new polish) at least once a month. But during wintertime, let's just say I've gone over a month. I'm not proud of it, but hey, it happens. Oh heck, I'll admit to something else while I'm at it. In the winter, if my nails need a trim but my polish still looks good, I might trim my already-painted nails and not remove/repaint at all. Also, if my polish chips before I need to trim, I might "touch-up" the polish and add a fresh coat on top of my existing pedi. Please don't think less of me now. PS: I exfoliate my heels and moisturize my feet every day or every other day, religiously, all year around. I have chronically dry heels and I cannot stand the feel of dry heels on bed sheets, etc., so I stay on top of that, no matter what.

Links of the Week

Prime Beauty - has a fantastic drugstore find in the new Maybelline Face Studio Hi-Lights blushes and bronzers. They rival higher end brands costing twice the price!

Phyrra - Phyrra shares her tips for how to gracefully grow out a pixie cut. Tips, tricks and accessory advice!

we heart this - Want to see the gorgeous Smashbox Full Exposure palette in action on some almond shaped eyes? Click here!

Clumps of Mascara - crawls from underneath the “Haven’t Done A Video In Forever” rock and actually…does a video!

EauMG - It’s that time of the year again, Rose Week, a yearly tradition on EauMG. Take the time to stop and smell the roses.

Lipglossiping - finds her perfect red with Estee Lauder’s new Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipsticks, can you find yours?

My Beauty Bunny - Did you know your hands are one of the first places to show the signs of aging? Fight back by entering to Win a Phenome Anti Aging Hand Therapy Cream!

Nouveau Cheap - As far as drugstore limited edition collections go, it doesn’t get much better than the Spring 2014 Dare To Go Nude collection from Maybelline. I got my hands on all six of the new Color Tattoos from this collection--here’s some swatches!

Pink Sith - Gets cute with two terminally cute lipsticks from the Paul & Joe Beauté Spring 2014 collection!

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Prime Beauty - TheFabZilla is written by Kath, who not only writes about makeup, but lifestyle, fitness and some inspiration thrown into the mix. She recently introduced Weekly Chit-Chats where she talks about about the real-life dramas and dilemmas of women.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Although I moisturize my feet every day and do a pedicure about once a month, I actually give my toenails a break from polish during the cold months when I'm not wearing flipflops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My toes are polished 365 days of the year! In the summer, the color is changed once a week because I have a lot of polish I want to rotate through. In the winter months, it still gets changed every two weeks. What can I say? I get bored easily with the colors and want to change it...:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had a pedicure in my life. Ever. My feet are gross, no matter what I do, and i'd rather not subject a nail tech to the horrors that are my feet ;)

    I have recently started using the Spongeables, and love how they make my feet feel, even if they haven't really been great for removing the alligator skin. Polish-wise, I don't think my toes have seen polish for a year or two. I have few goals in life, but one is definitely making my feet look a lot less like nasty, icky troll feet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed with the touching up after growth. In the winter all I want are soft feet no polish necessary. In the summer I'll even paint over color with something darker to keep from taking polish off...shameless isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This winter has been crazy, and having my feet hiding in boots, I have really have been ignoring my tootsies. But for a quick pedi, I love fast drying nail polish. I can remove polish (if I am wearing any) before my shower, and when I get out slap some on, do my face routine, then slap another coat on, and it is dry before I reach for my blow dryer. Quick and easy and no fuss. And I have been known to do Mrs. Jefferson's trick as well ;) No shame in that game!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig