Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, January 9, 2014

Review: Body Fantasies Signature Fragrance Body Spray in Pink Vanilla Kiss Fantasy

About a month ago, I spotted this new fragrance by Body Fantasies at my local Kmart (I think you can also find it at Walmart, but I have yet to see it at my local Rite Aid, CVS or Walgreens stores). Most of you know by now that I'm a sucker for gourmand fragrances of the affordable kind, so I had to get this.

 NEW Body Fantasies Signature Fragrance Body Spray in Pink Vanilla Kiss Fantasy
(retail: around $6, 8 oz)

The first thing you'll noticed about this fragrance is the bright, bold packaging (gotta love lip prints!):


From the Body Fantasies website:

Pucker up for Pink Vanilla Kiss Fantasy! Delectable juicy peach and berries open the fragrance, while soft florals round out the middle. The base, comprised of woods and musk, is beautifully crafted to create a feminine, fruity, gourmand fragrance.


Since Body Fantasies often makes fragrances that are similar to Bath & Body Works fragrances, I knew before I even sniffed this fragrance that it was probably going to be similar to Bath & Body Works Pink Chiffon. BBW Pink Chiffon just so happens to be my favorite of all the BBW fragrances (well, not counting Vanilla Noir, but that was sadly discontinued a few years ago). Anyway, here they are side by side:

Body Fantasies Signature Fragrance Body Spray in Pink Vanilla Kiss Fantasy
(retail: around $6, 8 oz)
Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Fine Fragrance Mist in Pink Chiffon
(retail: $14, 8 oz)

The big question: Is Pink Vanilla Kiss Fantasy an exact dupe of Pink Chiffon?

No.

Are they similar? 

Yes.

On the initial burst, they smell QUITE similar. In fact, I have a hard time telling them apart when I first spray them. But the biggest difference for me is in the dry-down. To me, Pink Vanilla Kiss takes on a more synthetic quality after it dries down, and all of the powdery, marshmallow-y goodness that Pink Chiffon is known for disappears after a few minutes on my skin. It becomes a bit flat and one-dimensional, and it ultimately ends up smelling a bit like a watered-down version of Pink Chiffon,without the powdery-ness that I love in Pink Chiffon.

The one complaint I have about BBW Pink Chiffon is the lack of staying power. And sadly, the staying power of Pink Vanilla Kiss is even worse than Pink Chiffon. It's pretty much gone from my skin after an hour, and that's even when I apply it liberally (it does stay in my hair and clothing a little bit longer than it does my skin).

FINAL VERDICT: If you love BBW Pink Chiffon and you're looking for a more affordable alternative, you might like Pink Vanilla Kiss. If you're expecting it to have the exact same fragrance and staying power as Pink Chiffon, you'll probably be disappointed. But if you just generally like fragrances in the Pink Chiffon ballpark and you're not too concerned with it being an exact dupe, this could be a fun fragrance to throw in a gym bag or keep in the car. It's one of those body mists that you'll have to reapply often, but if you're OK with that, I say give it a whiff. It might react with your chemistry a bit different than it did mine, and you may enjoy the dry-down (it's not terrible--it's just more one-dimensional than Pink Chiffon).

Do you own Pink Vanilla Kiss Fantasy? If so, how do YOU think it compares to BBW Pink Chiffon? 

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Great review. I definitely want to try this fragrance, I am a huge fan of BBW products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G- do you like aquolina pink sugar? It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's a classic! But I actually prefer the mixes that indie bath and body retailers make more than the original! Cleanseyoursoul.com makes a Pink Sugar & Vanilla Bean Noel mix that is amazing!

      Delete
    2. I wish I could find a good pink sugar (read inexpensive) oil!!

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig