Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, November 21, 2013

Update: Wet n Wild Holiday 2013 Glitter Cream Eyeshadow Trios

image credit: Andrea for Nouveau Cheap
Wet n Wild Holiday 2013 Glitter Cream Eyeshadow Trios 

Ever since I posted about the Holiday 2013 Glitter Trios from Wet n Wild back in October (click here for more pics), I've been receiving questions about the label on the back of these palettes. For those who are unaware, there is a warning that these cream shadows are "not intended for the eye area," which is a bit puzzling since these are definitely cream eyeshadows and they come with eyeshadow applicators.

In response to the numerous questions I've received about these trios, I asked my contact at Wet n Wild for more info. I have a bit more info for you today, in case you own these shadows or are thinking about getting them.

Wet n Wild has confirmed that these palettes were formulated for use on the eyes. However, due to the large glitter pieces that are in these cream shadows, there is a warning on the label. As with any eye products that contain large pieces of glitter, you obviously don't want to use these shadows on the waterline or too close to the immediate eye area, just to prevent the large glitter pieces from getting into your eyes.

I hope this clears up the confusion about these trios.

If you have any other questions, please direct them to Wet n Wild (via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or the Wet n Wild website). I am a Beauty Ambassador for Wet n Wild but I do not speak on behalf of the brand--I am only passing along the information they have provided to me. 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. the NYX cream glitter shadows say the same thing, although I've never had an issue using them as a shadow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought 2 yesterday. Horrible. Chunky glitter, no actual color payoff. I'm going to return them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had bought one of those and honestly didn't even read the back. I guess they have to warn people about that or else someone would sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - Glitter is such a "use at your own risk" product when it comes to the eyes that it's smart for them to cover their butts. Just like a lot of MAC's pigments. Are they "eye safe"? Technically no, but do we use them as such? Well...at least I do =)

      Delete
  4. Glad you brought this up because I saw these last week and saw the "warning" on the back label and was confused too. That's why I didn't buy them. Thanks for finding this out for us! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought them all about a month ago or so and hated them , so I took them all back to Walgreens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't buy these! I bought two back around Halloween. They are near shear, they crease, fade and disappear. They are really horrible. I could see them maybe as a backup layering kind of tool if you wanted to spread glitter around, but for anything else they are pretty much worthless.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig