Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, June 14, 2013

Spotted: NEW Hedy's Ma.nish.ma. Transparent Automatic Lip Crayons

Hedy's is a brand that I usually only see at Rite Aid (I think that occasionally their products surface at Walgreens too, but maybe I'm getting that mixed up with City Color?). Anyway, Hedy's tends to release polishes and makeup that are sometimes just a little bit behind the trends, making them a good option if you've resisted a new trend or have been waiting for a more affordable version to come along.

A huge thanks to reader Dawn for the heads-up about this new collection--Hedy's has jumped aboard the jumbo lip pencil train and Dawn shared some pics of the display with us:

image credit: Dawn for Nouveau Cheap
Hedy's Ma.nish.ma Transparent Automatic Lip Crayons
(retail: $2.99 each at Rite Aid) 

 Grape, Raspberry, Watermelon, Pink Grapefruit, Tangerine, Vanilla Sugar

Have you spotted this collection at Rite Aid yet? Thoughts? I like that they mention right up front that these are "transparent" so that there are no surprises if you find these to be sheer!

Thanks so much, Dawn, for the great sighting and pics!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I've never heard of this brand before! Thanks for the heads up, I tried two City Color lip balms and they were sooo shimmery..and reminded me of little kid makeup.
    :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these the past week at one of my local Rite Aids. Some of the colors looked so pretty in the tube but I resisted from buying since I didn't recognize the brand and have a lot of lip products already...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they're kind of hit and miss for me, the brand in general. I too only see them at Rite Aid. I will .probably try at least.one.of these as with.the Wellness.20 percent discount I.get.they're a steal.
    sorry.about all the weird.punctuation.here. phone text keyboard.Has.a.mind.of.its..own.today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spotted these at Rite Aid, too. The Raspberry and the Watermelon were tempting, but I'm holding out on reviews (hopefully yours, G.) and swatches to see if I want them. These are supposed to be flavored, too, so that's tempting, especially if it's done right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These chubby pencils are getting really popular in Asia -w- If there's something available closer to stateside, I might bite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen these at my RA yet. The word "transparent" leads me to believe that these will have no pigmentation at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I purchased tangerine the other day. These are literally transparent. The name is only the kind of scent, they are just a clear lip balm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am wearing Raspberry right now and also bought Grape and it does have some pigment to it but not a lot, it really moisturizes the lips and it is flavored I don't think I would purchase another one though..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love these lip stain/gloss. Purchased mine at Rite Aid. Unfortunately, they only had them the one time and I can't find them anywhere else. My favorite and I'm almost out.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig