Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, May 31, 2013

Five Buck Friday (Facebook Fans Edition)

For new readers, Five Buck Friday is a series I created in order to share with your my favorite, super-affordable beauty products. All of the items in these posts always add up to a grand total of...five bucks!

A few weeks ago, I turned the tables and asked those of you who follow me on Instagram to tell me YOUR favorite $0.99 or $1.99 drugstore beauty products (you can see that post here). Well, for this week's installment of Five Buck Friday, I asked those of you who follow me on Facebook for YOUR picks! I've gathered some of your responses here and I'm excited to share them with you. I had a hard time narrowing it down, but I really wanted to include products here that haven't been featured in previous Five Buck Friday posts.

Let's take a look at some of your recommendations...

Jordana Lip Out Loud Super Shine Gloss in ASAP as chosen by Robin Althoff Abdulla (retail: $1.99 at Walgreens, Kmart and wherever else Jordana is sold). Robin writes: "Jordana Lip Out Loud lip gloss in ASAP. Sheer with tons of glitter not too sticky. Just like Chanel Glossimer but only 1.99!"

NYC In A New York Minute Grand Central Station Clear Fast Dry Top Coat as chosen by Sarah Harwood (retail: $1.99 wherever NYC is sold). Sarah Harwood writes: "I have come to like it as much as I once liked Seche."

L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palettes as chosen by Lizz Downs (retail: $1 each at Dollar Tree; currently on sale for $1.50 at Cherry Culture). Lizz writes: "Another favorite of mine are the L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palettes. I got them at the dollar store. They are very stiff shadows so there is not a lot of fallout and they last a long time. I have them in Sweet Pleasure, Dreamy and Precious."

BONUS PICK (dupe alert):

Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Color in Bite the Bullet, as chosen by Emilee Senkevitch (retail: $1.99 wherever Wet n Wild is sold). Emilee writes: "The Wet n Wild "Bite the Bullet" nail polish is as close to OPI's Parlez-Vous which I wanted SO badly last year but couldn't bring myself to drop $40 to buy it on ebay. Was so pleased to find that it's a dupe and was so cheap!" [Note: You can see my swatches of Bite The Bullet here--the bottle is the old design but the color is the same.]

It was SO hard to narrow this down to a grand total of $5 worth of products--I *had* to include a Bonus Pick because reader Emilee shared a great new-to-me drugstore dupe (thanks, Emilee!).  A HUGE thanks to everyone who took the time to share their favorite affordable beauty products on Facebook today. I really appreciate it! And for those of you who follow me on Twitter, you're going to be featured next, so start thinking about YOUR favorites!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Aw, that NYC topcoat is discontinued and getting phased out. :( I emailed COTY about it in April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is your source for this information? When will we stop seeing it on store shelves? This is the first I've heard about it, and the nail community will be in an uproar if it happens! NYC GCS is a beloved topcoat among many polish lovers!

      Delete
    2. I emailed the company through their contact form. I don't have more specific info, but i suggest you email them too :( maybe they'll reconsider if a lot of people contact them

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. The nail polish listed is pretty! And is never spend $40 on a polish. There are so many other great ones for less than $10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I got picked!! I <3 you G.! I cannot wait to try all the others! I agree with Sarah about NYC quick dry top coat. I love it so much I have several back ups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love ASAP by Jordana! And as a bonus, it tastes/smells like watermelon... Awesome lipgloss for the price! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the NYC top coat. If its being disontinued try L.A Colors diamond top coat its even better.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig