Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 4.8.13



Lipstick League Question of the Week

Imagine there is some calamity and all makeup production ceases. You only have what is left in your stash. What kind of makeup will you run out of first and what kind of makeup will you run out of last? 

G's answer: First, I would run out of eyebrow pencil (I really should have multiple back-ups in case of a zombie apocalypse) and also concealer. The thing I would never run out of, even after 100 zombie apocalypses? Nail polish.

Links of the Week

Beauty Junkies Unite - If you're attending a wedding this spring/summer, or part of the bridal party---don't miss essie's new Bridal Collection 2013 for absolutely lovely nails!

Clumps of Mascara - reviewed a waterproof mascara but it wasn’t what she expected.

EauMG - Behold! There’s finally a niche perfume subscription program that will deliver 3 niche perfume samples right to your door! Here’s Victoria’s impressions of Olfactif.

Gouldylox Reviews - It's Chic Week at Sephora, which means 15% off of everything. What to haul? Here is what I'm hoping to snag!

Lipglossiping - goes ga-ga over a beautifully demure grey nail polish that’s both stylish and work appropriate.

My Beauty Bunny - The life of a beauty blogger isn’t exactly glamorous – but this past week sure was. Take a peek at my Beauty Event Wrap Up, including beauty treatments, fancy jewels, LuckyFabb West and a meeting with the one and only Betsey Johnson – squee!

Nouveau Cheap - The new Maybelline Summer 2013 Limited Edition Color Tattoos have landed! Come check out some reader-submitted swatches to see the duochrome goodness for yourself.

Pink Sith - The BECCA Ultimate Eye Colour Palette in Eclipsed has sated Pink Sith’s desire for an olive green eyeshadow...or has it?

Prime Beauty - is loving her soft, silky hair after using WEN Cleansing Conditioner. The limited edition Spring Gardenia Green Tea scent is perfect for this time of year. And...because she loves her readers so much, she is a giving away a bottle too!

Phyrra - is groovy, baby, with her new Fyrinnae 1960s Retro Collection review!

Vampy Varnish - wants to EAT some of the goodies in the new MAC Baked Beauties collection for summer!

we heart this - we're not pastel kind of girls, but the China Glaze Avant Garden launch of Pastel Petals is making us feel a bit flower child-y.

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Beauty Junkies Unite - My favorite style blogger, Sydne Summer has THE BEST style blog around! I love the series guide she's doing on trends from A-Z, and this week she explores the letter "G", for green. See how to pop this color of the year into your wardrobe seamlessly.
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I would probably run out of foundation first. I don't have a huge stash of that currently. I'm with you G, I would never run out of nail polish. In fact, during the zombie apocalypse I would still be able to paint my nails twice a week with different colors and still not repeat any color for several years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nightmare! I would run out of foundation first because I'm really good at having only 2-3 foundations in my collection at any given time. And I have a lifetime supply of blush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd run out of mascara first; since it goes bad, I don't keep much of it around. Concealer would be next to the mascara or possibly before it--I can't find one I like and I'm all thumbs at using it, so I tend not to bother. But I'd *never* run out of lipstick, lip gloss, lip balm, lip crayons, or blush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd run out of mascara first, and foundation would be a close second. I only keep one container of those around at a time.

    The longest lasting would probably be blush, but only because I rarely wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so much enough eyeshadow and eyeliner, in so many colors, that I could do elaborate eye looks... for every season... until the apocalypse is over. Also, I don't think I will ever finish my Coty Airspun powder. I didn't even buy a back-up.

    But on the other hand, I would be out of mascara in less than half a year, so my eye looks would be terrible. And I would also be out of concealer! I think since I'm pickiest about mascara and concealer, I own the least of those two groups and therefore have the least.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably foundation first--I use it everyday but I try not to stockpile in case my skin changes (in color, texture, oil production, becomes irritable, etc.) and bc foundation does expire within a couple of years. Nailpolish for me too--there's no way I could ever use up what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, I'd run out of mascara, then foundation, even the colors that don't really work. I'll never run out of nail polish though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mascara first (make mental note to scavenge for mascara ASAP, lol), I would definitely have enough eyeshadow to last for the next ten years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well thank goodness you didn't include skincare and body lotions and shower gels!!
    I would run out of mascara first, then most likely foundation.

    Things I would never ever run out of.. eyeshadows, liners and nail polish and pretty much everything else makeup wise ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Foundation, because the one I have been using for several years was discontinued and I haven't found a replacement yet (need to get on that). I have enough blush, shadows and polish to last me and a couple friends through the apocalypse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would run out of my Color Tattoos first because they are my go-to eyecolors. Also my BE eye & face primers would not last. I would have nail enamel until the end of time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely foundation. I only use Milani's Cream-to-Powder, and one compact equals approximately 30 applications. Every time I have CVS Extra Bucks of 5.00 or more, I buy another one. So I always have one new one in reserve. But once that was gone - I'd be in trouble!

    Eyeshadow? With all the palettes I have, I think I could do a different look every day and not repeat for several hundred years - let alone actually run out of eyeshadow completely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would defintely run out of mascara first, then black eyeliner! I would never finish my eyeshadow or blush. This is after I just cleaned out my stash and tried to give away products to girlfriends this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I would run out of foundation and mascara first...but eyeshadow and lipstick/gloss/balm would definately get me through! Lol well and nail polish too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd run out of eyebrow pencil first, too. Then mascara, if I adhered to the toss-after-three-months rule anyways. Considering I just bought three more Sinful Colors nail polishes, I'd say I'll have really nice nails until civilization rebuilds itself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd run out of mascara, but would NEVER run out of eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd probably run out of concealer first, since I only keep one on hand until I'm running low, then pick up a backup. Next, possibly bronzer but I don't use it all that often so it might last longer than I think. My mascara stash is small and I use it every day, so that wouldn't last.

    My eyeshadow stash would probably last quite a while... and I couldn't go through all my nail polish in three lifetimes of zombie apocalypses. Unless of course I used the bottles to make mini molotov cocktails in desperation for weapons.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig