Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, April 26, 2013

Five Buck Friday

This week really flew by, didn't it? It's Friday again, and you know what that means. Here are this week's Nouveau Cheap-approved bargain beauty treats that will set you back a grand total of five bucks!

Jordana Squeeze 'n Shine Super Shiny Tasty Lip Gloss in Be Coralful (retail: $1.99 at Walgreens and Kmart).  Squeeze tubes are so convenient for on-the-go application and Jordana did a really nice job with these. Be Coralful (click here for swatches) has a lovely surprise to it. Not only is it a very pretty, very wearable shade of coral, but it has some fine iridescent violet blue shimmer to it. So unexpected but very fun for spring/summer. Bonus: Be Coralful tastes like orange bubblegum!

Montagne Jeunesse Crystal Face Mask (retail: $2 at most drugstores. Also, all Montagne Jeunesse facial masks are B2G1FREE on their website). I've used several Montagne Jeunesse single-serving face masks over the years, and this one is still my favorite. You can find MJ face masks at Ulta, Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, etc. and if the name doesn't ring a bell, you'll know them when you see them. What I love about the Crystal Face Mask is that you heat the package under warm water before you apply it and it just feels so luxurious when it's on my face. And the smell! This mask contains honey and passion flower extract (as well as Dead Sea salt, almond oil and argan oil) and the fragrance is so yummy I can't put it into words. My face always feels so soft when I use this mask--it's a great treat for just two bucks. Oh, and it's gluten-, dairy- and paraben-free as well.

Wet n Wild Wild Shine Nail Color in Black Creme (retail: $0.99 wherever Wet n Wild is sold). Opaque in two coats, the reason I'm recommending this polish to you is because you can often find it on sale (it's 40% off at Rite Aid this week--through Saturday, 4/27). If you like using black polish as a base color for your glitters, etc. then you know that it's easy to blow through a bottle of black polish, so why spend a lot for one? For literally pennies, you never have to worry about running out since you know that another sale is always right around the corner at the drugstores. A black creme polish can transform so many of your existing polishes--it's well worth the (tiny) investment.

That's it for this edition of Five Buck Friday! Do you own any of the products featured above?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.Blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews. For more information, click here.
Some of products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I have lots of black cremes and Wet n Wild Wild Black Creme is still my favorite. If I'm careful I can make it a one coater and since it's dirt cheap I don't feel bad using a ton of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave tried the masks before and love them. I can't wait til I can go buy Be Coralful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s. I just love $5 Fridays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, Black Creme is also great for stamping :). That's what I use it for, and always stock up when it's on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the MJ face masques, will have to look out for the crystal one. My fav has always been the one w lavender, lemon and bergamot I think...its smurf blue in colour and targeted for deep pore cleansing/oily skin. It smells so clean and fresh, I wish they would bottle the scent. They are very generous in size, and I actually get 2 uses out of a packet, I just put it in a ziploc and make sure all the air is out, then use the rest a few days later. Will also lookout for that Jordana gloss, orange Bubblicious was always one of my top fav gums back in the day. I remember when you posted about those glosses but it didn't appeal to me bc of the glimmer, but for the summer it sounds good. Btw I second what Robin added...love FBF!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig