Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 2.11.12



Lipstick League Question of the Week

What’s your go-to pedicure color? If you don’t have one, what color(s) are you looking forward to wearing on your toes this spring? 

G's answer: That's easy. Any type of blood red, vampy red or oxblood shade, as long as it doesn't have any shimmer or sparkle (I don't know why, but I just prefer red shades on my toes that are cremes or jelly-cremes). For some reason, this type of shade always looks best on my toes and it goes with everything. Right now I'm wearing Rimmel Burgundy Flirt, which is one of my all-time faves (it wears like iron!).

Links of the Week

My Beauty Bunny - is giving away a $500 gift card from ph Skincare! (Open Worldwide!) 

Nouveau Cheap - is determined to try every single drugstore BB cream on the market. For this round, she put Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream SPF30 to the test. 

Prime Beauty - sifted through all the new Spring Makeup Collections to bring you the Four Prettiest Spring Blushes. You're welcome. 

Phyrra - has fallen hard for the Too Faced Air-Buffed BB Creme Snow Glow Foundation. Will you be next? 

we heart this - ready for some immediate gratification? Enter our Instant Win DermOrganic giveaway (kinda like a beauty scratch off card!) and you could be one of over 100 lucky winners. 

Beauty Junkies Unite - See why all five shades of the new Milani Ultrafine Liquid Eye Liners made our HOT LIST! 

Clumps of Mascara - is loving how glossy CoverGirl’s newest nail polishes are. You really don’t even need a topcoat. Whoa! 

Gouldylox Reviews - These setting powders are getting a bad rep as highlighters. As settings powders, however, they are pretty great.

What's your go-to nail color for your toes?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I tend to pick a color and wear it for several months.. I'm lazy, lol, and that way I just have to touch it up instead of removing it and starting over. Right now it is WnW chrome in Penny for Your Thoughts, it's a beautiful rose gold with a very unique foil texture. Before that it was WnW fast dry in The Gold and the Beautiful. I like neutral metallics because they have some flash but go well with just about anything I'm wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For years, my go-to pedicure "color" was a French pedicure. While I still like it, now I love glitter toes! I like a all-over glitter than covers the entire nail without the need of a color base. Currently, I am wearing a silver OPI by Sephora glitter. Glitter toes make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mostly use my toes as a testing ground for polishes that I'm not entirely sure will work with my skin tone, or combinations I'm on the fence about, since I only very rarely wear open-toed shoes. If I'm gonna be rocking a pedi for fashion, I just plan it to go with whatever I'm wearing, which means most often it's a neon pink or purple with gold glitter to go with my swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything and everything, w/ french and brown being the exceptions. My favs would be jadite or minty aqua greens, sky blues, and neons...neon coral-y/pink and neon green being my fav out of most neons. I also love glitters and holos too, but for the past year I've really liked cremes on my toes over any other finish. In the end its all good, anything would be better than "man toes". *gasp* :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. White shimmer/metallic. Usually if I have bright or dark colors on my toes, I have to double take because I am wondering what is stuck to my feet lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig