Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Swatches: New 2013 Jesse's Girl JulieG Nail Colors

Earlier this month I mentioned that Jesse's Girl was releasing 27 new shades in their JulieG Nail Color line. I received four of these new shades for review, so let's take a look!

New 2013 Jesse's Girl JulieG Nail Colors 
(retail: $3.99 each, 0.35 oz)

The Julie G. collection is available at Rite Aid and online via the Jesse's Girl website.

Keep reading for swatches of the four shades above...


No top coat was used in any of the following swatches:

Jesse's Girl JulieG Nail Color in Sushi for Two
Sushi for Two is a cantaloupe-ish coral jelly-creme (or "crelly" for short). I've noticed that most of the shades I own like this seem to require three coats for good opacity, and this one wasn't any different. But I think that extra coat is worth it because this color is just so "juicy" on the nail. I love it. No issues with application (aside from the streakiness after two coats). 
Jesse's Girl JulieG Nail Color in Dolled Up Dorothy
The name of this shade is fitting because it's like a more "stylish" version of the various takes on Dorothy's red shoes (no glitter but lots of shimmer). I used two coats for my swatches, and that was enough for good opacity. The formula on this one was easy to work with.

 Jesse's Girl JulieG Nail Color in Damsel
Damsel is actually a tiny bit lighter and a tiny bit more blue-based than what you see above. You know I love my cremes, and this one was not a disappointment  This color is a one-coater, but I used two for the pic above. Perfect consistency and very easy to work with; it's one of these cremes that "paints itself."

 
 Jesse's Girl JulieG Nail Color in Shark's Cove
If you like Sinful Colors Mint Apple, then you are going to love Shark's Cove. Instead of gold shimmer (like the shimmer in Mint Apple), Shark's Cove contains silver shimmer. It's also more of a true mint green, whereas Sinful Colors Mint Apple is more of a jadeite green. This is my favorite of all four shades I received for review--I can't stop looking at my hands when I'm wearing this one. The formula isn't perfect though--it requires three coats for the opacity you see above, and the consistency is a little bit thick, but I think it's worth the extra effort. So pretty for toes this spring.

The dry time for these polishes was good (like other Jesse's Girl polishes I own), with the exception of Shark's Cove, which did require some extra time to dry due to the thicker consistency and the fact that it requires three coats. Other than that, I was already a fan of the JulieG polishes and I think all four of these shades are nice additions to the line. I definitely want to try other colors (especially Holla-Peno, which I plan to pick up as soon as I see it at Rite Aid).

Do you own any Jesse's Girl JulieG polishes? Have you spotted the new 2013 shades at your Rite Aid yet? Thoughts?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. That shark's cove is beeeautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a Rite Aid right meow! Shark's Cove is gorgeous and I don't really like minty nails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a nail polish fanatic and I have not picked up any Julie G polishes. I may check them out the next time I am in the store. But I just have sooo many polishes that I have not even worn yet, I sort of pass by them in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few Julie G's and really like them (and the price!). I thought I was done for awhile on buying new NP, but Shark's Cove is going to have to come home with me at some point soon! Thanks G. ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really loving Shark's Cove and Sushi For Two! What great colors. I haven't tried any Julie G polishes and I have way too much nail polish but I may have to welcome a few newbies into my collection so I can try out this line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shark's Cove is calling my name!! lol..can't wait to see these in person..great post & review as always!!:))
    xoxo
    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colors! I have a few of these, but I don't want to buy any more until I find out if they are 3-free. Anyone know? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shark's Cove made me think of SC's Mint Apple. Love that color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shark's Cove is lovely! Love the silver shimmers in it. They make the color that much more interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shark's Cove is awesome! Love Sushi for Two as well. Reminds me of juicy fruit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have two bottles of sharks.cove from two Rite Aid in two states (i got a chip and bought an emergency bottle) the formula on the second bottle is thicker and a little less even. The first one was literally one of the most perfectly flowing polishes Ive ever used. go fig.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharks cove is lovely on you!
    I wonder if it'll be too cool for my fingers... It would probably be a fantastic pedi color though!
    Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yea!!! Actually some Spring shades that I can wear with my skin tone!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig