Top Nav

Subhead

Subhead

Subhead

Subhead

Top Space

Friday, February 22, 2013

Sinful Colors Enchanted vs. Sinful Colors Mesmerize

I was in the middle of swatching all of the new Sinful Colors polishes that I purchased this week (post to come!) when I realized that two of the purple cremes that I bought are so similar that they really warrant a comparison post all of their own.

In case you've been debating about getting one (or both of these) polishes, I hope this can help you with your decision. Take a look...

Keep reading for side-by-side swatches...



Sinful Colors Nail Polishes in Enchanted and Mesmerize
(retail: $1.99 each, 0.5 oz)

This is a very quick-and-dirty swatch comparison (sorry, but I was in the middle of a big swatch project and this was an afterthought that I did in a hurry with no clean-up, etc.):

Two coats of each polish, no top coat


As you can see, Enchanted is a lighter, more royal purple with a violet undertone, whereas Mesmerize is a deeper purple with more of a navy blue undertone.

Enchanted: This one was a little bit sheer and streaky on the first coat. The second coat brought a lot more opacity, but I think I would probably apply three coats just to be safe. Other than a little bit of sheerness and streakiness on the first coat, no issues at all with application.

Mesmerize: This one's a bit thick and goopy, but not so much that it makes you want to throw the bottle across the room. It's workable, but I will definitely be adding a few drops of polish thinner to this one for future manicures. This one is practically a one-coater in terms of opacity. 

I hope this helps any of you who have been debating about these colors. I would say that, unless you're a huge purple creme fan, you probably don't need both. I personally would go with Enchanted because, despite the initial sheerness/streakiness, I think it actually LOOKS like purple on the nail, whereas Mesmerize can look almost black in low-lighting. I have so many "almost-black-in-low-lighting" shades in my collection that I really don't need another one, but that's just me!

Do you own either (or both) of these polishes? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

15 COMMENTS:

  1. sinful colors has really stepped up their game! I love their current collections :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I have no idea why I don't own any Sinful polishes. They come in great colors and are inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own Mesmerized, and I had to add a few drops of nail polish thinner, after that it was perfect. The colors are very similar but I will still would like to find Enchanted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already have Mesmerize I'll probably still pick up Enchanted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mesmerize so much - I actually bought the whole Enchanted collection and love all the shades! Enchanted was not part of that collection, oddly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll probably pick up both... I need ALL the purple cremes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no problems with Mesmerize after adding a couple drops of thinner. I'd love to add Enchanted to my stash if I'm able to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if Mesmerize leaves Smurf nails when taken off .... any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Smurf hands, Robin! It did linger a tiny but on my cuticles but an extra pass with pure acetone on a clean pad took it all away. :)

      Delete
  9. What collection does Enchanted belong to? I haven't seen it. I have Mesmerize.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Mesmerize and it was my favorite purple creme! I just found Enchanted (I could not find it, was out of town so I checked a new Walgreens, there was 1 bottle left in a random display.) I put it on today - it is my new favorite - I enjoy the more royal purple color. Purple cremes have to be my favorite color/type of polish overall, so I really recommend scouring to find Enchanted!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

Linkwithin

Glam Mandatory