Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Lipstick League – week of 12.3.12

  
Lipstick League Question of the Week 

Share with us some ideas for fun stocking-stuffers to give to fellow beauty-obsessed friends or family this holiday season.  

G's answer: One of my favorite things to do is put together little manicure sets for my friends and family--even if beauty products aren't their thing (actually, it's even better if they're not beauty-obsessed because you can turn them on to products that you love and you'll look like a rockstar for introducing them to products that actually work!). My "kit" for this year is going to be this nail file, a bottle of Seche Vite top coat, and a bottle of Wet n Wild Megalast nail color in I Need A Refresh-Mint for the "bolder" friends, and probably Wet n Wild Megalast nail color in 2% Milk or Break the Ice for the friends who are aren't as adventurous with their nails. After I get the products I need, I'll go to Dollar Tree, Big Lots, Ross, Marshalls, etc. and look for some cute little inexpensive makeup bags and use the makeup bag as a storage container and giftwrap (plus a cute bow and gift tag, of course). I think it would also be fun to include one of those mini Vaseline Lip Therapies (especially the cocoa butter variety) for cuticles, since the jar could not be any cuter (and it can double as lip treatment, of course). You could also include a glittery top coat of your choice (one that you think looks great atop the nail color you're including in the bag) and tell them that the glitter is for layering when they paint their toes! I think a hand-written note (or typed, in a cute font) explaining the reason/use for each product is also nice, especially if you're giving it to someone who doesn't do their nails often. You could title the note: "G's Little Secrets to a Perfect Manicure" (insert your own name, of course).

Links of the Week

Nouveau Cheap - has a lot to say about the new Liquid Metal eyeliners from Physicians Formula. Are they for you? Come see!  

Pink Sith - has a SASSY review of mark. Very Sassy Eau de Parfum! Plus she is giving away three fragrance pencils to one lucky winner. Enter today!  

Prime Beauty - is in a giving mood this holiday season. Enter to win her first prize, the Limited Edition bareMinerals The Star Treatment Eyeshadow Palette in the Prime Beauty Holiday Gifting Extravaganza!  

Phyrra - says you must see the Winter Prism eve eyeshadows from the Silk Naturals Holiday 2012 Collection!  

we heart this - swoons over the most swoon-worthy holiday gift they've seen to date; the MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultimate Eye Liner Collection.  

Beauty Junkies Unite - Pantone just announced the 2013 color of the year---emerald! Check out some of my emerald beauty picks to start the trend early.  

Clumps of Mascara - is attempting to help keep you ash free this winter by giving away some delightful Eucerin moisturizers. 5 lucky folx will win!  

EauMG - Oxblood, leather, peplum, winter white...Victoria is pairing Fall/Winter 2012 fashion trends with perfume!  

Gouldylox Reviews - Tired of the holiday glitter, but want a bright, beautiful look? Check out this FOTD from Three Custom Color and Le Metier de Beaute.  

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Nouveau Cheap - I’ve been stalking Honor’s blog for a few months now and I can’t get enough. Home Heart Craft is chock full of thrifty but adorable DIY projects for the home, as well as “get the look” DIY fashion projects that you can do in minutes and require no heavy machinery (yay!). My favorite: these DIY adorable headbands that will have you eyeing every cute ribbon you see this holiday season in a whole different light.

Have any ideas for cute beauty-related stocking stuffers this year? Do share in the comments!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I only have one stocking to stuff, my DD who is only 9 but loves her cosmetics. Seriously, we went out to dinner last night and she insisted on an eye look from my new UD Vice palette! Before anyone panics we settled on a light wash of Freebird on the lid with the slightest touch of Noise on the outer lash line, it was very appropriate. Along with the obligatory candy and small toys I added one of the new CG balm gloss pencils in her favorite hot pink, a Sally Hansen lip balm, and I scored all of the Milani nail art polishes on clearance at CVS for less than $2 each.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the elf nail cube and plan on separating it and giving everyone a few bottles plus a file & buffer. Too bad none of the girls in my family are big makeup fans, but they do like their nails done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last week I was sooo happy to find Shea Moisture lip balm...packed in a trio! I love them and think they would make a great stocking stuffer for both gals and guys. They are a Target exclusive according to the Shea Moisture FB page. The three scents/flavours are- coconut/hibiscus (my fav), raw shea/argan oil, and green tea/olive oil. These scents also have matching tubes of hand creme/body butters. The olive/green tea is sold in a larger tube and I believe it is part of the permanent collection, however the other two are sold as LE in a twin pack in smaller tubes. I purchased the LE last year (or the yr before cannot recall, sry) at Target around the holidays and fell in LOVE! I had no idea they were LE, and they quikly became my HG hand creams...if I find them, I willl totally be stocking up! The hand creams also make a nifty unisex stocking stuffer, as my bf "steals" mine whenever he can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. -CO Bigelow Chapped Hands Remedy is my favorite stocking stuffer for men or women bc it's gender neutral AND it's so wonderful in the winter for chapped hands (this helps me keep eczema at bay actually). Eucerin PLUS Intensive Repair Hand Cream is my second choice for those who I know dislike the herbal/medicinal smell.

    -Lip Balm w/ SPF for chapped winter lips: CO Bigelow SPF 15 Mentha Lip Balm Stick, Jack Black lip balm, OR Blistex Moisture Melt--I buy based on what sort of scents/flavors people tend to prefer.

    -Milani Shadow Eyez Pencil in Champagne Toast: bc who doesn't like a well-rested look?

    -Sally Hansen Insta-dri is my favorite topcoat for polish lovers

    -Makeup on Sale: eyeliners, lip glosses, nail polishes,

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig