Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Spotted: Salon Perfect Limited Edition Nail Color Collection

Reader Tara actually spotted this display at Walmart and sent me a detailed email about it the first week of December. I really wish I could have posted it earlier, but I still wanted to share it with you considering that different Walmarts put things out at different times, and you might still have a good shot at finding these if you're looking for them. I've also heard from several readers (including Tara) that there are some dupes in this collection, so I thought this post would also serve as a good reference in case you have already purchased some of these polishes (now you'll know you have some dupes, if you're not already aware!).

Tara writes:
Salon Perfect nail polish display with limited edition holiday polishes along with a small assortment of shades which are not labeled as limited edition.

Price:  $3.98
Bottle size:  14ml / .5 fl oz 

MAJOR DUPE ALERT:  When I saw these polishes my eyes went right to the red and green glitter and I was like...China Glaze Party Hearty?  Most of these polishes have already been released by China Glaze in various collections, namely the last two limited edition China Glaze holiday collections though some are from other collections.


MAJOR DUPE ALERT CONTINUED:  What really tipped me off that these polishes were dupes was Platinum Party - it has the same weird blue separation on top as my China Glaze Tinsel Town.  That is something way too specific for it not to be a dupe.  

 
 image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

Keep reading for lots of additional pics and info...

  image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap
Snow Flurry

  image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

  image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

 Tara continues:
301 He's With Me - permanent.  China Glaze equivalent:  Ruby Pumps from the China Glaze core collection, permanent.
 

604 Glam Glitter - limited edition.  China Glaze equivalent:  Party Hearty from the 2010 'Tis the Season to be Naughty and Nice holiday collection, limited edition.
 

603 Silver Sparkler - limited edition.  China Glaze equivalent:  Techno - released twice in limited collections, Electropop in Spring 2012 and the Specialty Glitters in 2009.  I am unsure of whether Techno was made permanent or not though it is readily available online.
 

602 Champagne Toast - limited edition.
311 Platinum Party - limited edition.  China Glaze equivalent:  Tinsel Town from the 2011 Let It Snow! holiday collection, limited edition.
 

309 Glitzy Green - limited edition.  China Glaze equivalent:  Glittering Garland from the 2011 Let It Snow! holiday collection, limited edition.
 

126 For-Evergreen - limited edition.  China Glaze equivalent:  Holly-Day from the 2010 'Tis the Season to be Naughty and Nice holiday collection, limited edition.
 

205 Kiwi Kiss  - permanent.  China Glaze equivalent:  Cha Cha Cha from the summer 2011 Island Escape Collection, available now in the China Glaze core collection, permanent.
 

402 Gold Leaf  - limited edition.  China Glaze equivalent:  Jingle Bells (possibly Midnight Kiss) both from the 2010 'Tis the Season to be Naughty and Nice holiday collection, both limited edition.
 

233 Snow Flurry  - limited edition.  China Glaze equivalent:  Frosty from the 2010 'Tis the Season to be Naughty and Nice holiday collection, limited edition.
 

304 Star Light, Star Bright - permanent.  China Glaze equivalent:  Dorothy Who? from the China Glaze core collection, permanent.
 

310 Sparkling Sapphire - limited edition.  China Glaze equivalent:  Blue Year's Eve from the 2011 Let It Snow! holiday collection, limited edition.
 

208 After Midnight - permanent.
 

114 Midnight Stroll - permanent.
 

201 Scarlet Enchantment - permanent.
 

127 Crimson Berry - limited edition.  China Glaze equivalent:  I'm pretty sure this is Winter Berry from the 2011 Let It Snow! holiday collection, limited edition.
 

102 Salsa Dance - permanent.
213 Pearlie Pink - permanent.

* Note:  Salon Perfect Champagne Toast is not a dupe for any of the recent gold glitters released by China Glaze (Angel Wings, Champagne Kisses, I'm Not Lion, I Herd That, Ultimate Holiday, Mistletoe Me).  I can't find a dupe for it in my stash or online.  It looks kinda like a mustard-y gold version of China Glaze Fairy Dust.

Have you spotted this display at Walmart? Do you already own any of these polishes?

Thanks so very much, Tara, for all the pics and detailed info. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Sparkling Sapphire is really pretty, the subtle purple and aqua flecks are not lost when applied to the nail either. However, the brush is awful. It's impossible for me to get a good application because it's too long, too floppy, doesn't spread and has a ridiculous curve (I think it's too long for the bottle). It also chips like crazy but it's so pretty and looks even better matte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got an LA Colors clear NP from Dollar Tree and swapped out the brush in my Salon Perfect bottle. It's a little short and I'll likely have issues when the bottle dips down too low BUT it's better than the crappy curved brushes SP comes with!

      Delete
  2. The SP Champagne Toast looks an awful lot like China Glaze Blonde Bombshell from the Eye Candy collection in 2011

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Champagne Toast is small gold holo glitter, while BB is hex and regular gold glitter. They do look similar in the bottle, though.

      Delete
  3. Even the bottle shape looks a bit like China Glaze...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw some of these for myself at Walmart the other day. I didn't get the names of the Salon Perfect polishes, but 2 China Glaze clones that aren't mentioned in this post are dupes of Lorelei's Tiara and Love Marilyn from the 2011 Eye Candy collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These ARE EXACT dupes of the CG polishes... If you look on the back they are both put out by the same company. I first noticed with the Flying dragon dupe, you can't miss that polish anywhere, so I took all 6+and had almost all of them in my CG collection... LOL At least they're cheaper, but I had to take em back since I had them all! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought a salon perfect nail polish at walmart that was an exact dupe for China Glaze flip flop fantasy, but the brush was so damaged that it wasn't usable. I dumped it into an almost empty bottle of flip flop fantasy and the polish itself is fine, but I won't be buying this brand again because of the brush issue...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought zapped finger nail polish. An its a pain getting off with a cotton an nail polish remover. Is there an easier way to get it off?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Champagne Toast may be a dupe for Golden Enchantment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found this searching for Flip Flip Fantasy dupes. I have a few of these, great polishes, especially the Sapphire Blue, my fave blue ever. But that curved brush! No more for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Midnight Stroll and After Midnight are dupes for Midnight Mission and Bogie.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig