Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, December 16, 2012

Catching up...

Hey everyone! I just wanted to mention a few quick things before the week starts:
1) The few days that I was away from the blog really, really set me back. If you haven't received a response from me on Twitter, Facebook, in the comments here on the blog or to an email you've sent me, I'm very, very sorry. Hopefully I can catch up this week, but at this point I'm so far behind that there's a good possibility I may never fully catch up (especially considering the fact that I was already behind before I took that small break). With the holidays, it's only going to get worse, I'm afraid. So I apologize if I am unable to answer your questions at this time.

2) MANY of the new drugstore products that I've blogged about in the past few months are now hitting stores here in the US. For example, Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream, Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation and PowderMaybelline 24HR Metal Color Tattoos, Maybelline Rocket Mascara, L'Oreal Shine Caresse Glosses (which I'm hearing have different names than the European versions), Maybelline Vivids lipsticks, Sally Hansen Gel Strips/Polishes, and many, many more new products can now be found across the US. Since this is the time of year  that new 2013 products start surfacing in stores, I will not be posting reader-submitted pics here of anything that I have already covered, because I'd rather devote my time to products I haven't blogged about at all thus far. So I thank you for sending pics of the products I've listed above, however I won't be covering these products again (until I actually review them). If you would like to share pics of the new products you've spotted, I ask that you first do a blog search to see if I've already posted about the product. And thank you so much!
3) The Weekly Drugstore Makeup Sales post will be up at some point on Monday.

4) Also on Monday, I plan to do another CVS Beauty Clearance Sale Master List update. Since many of you still have not found any items on sale at your local CVS stores, I have a feeling that the rumor is true, and that some locations won't be starting this sale until mid-January. So I'm going to do my best to keep that list updated so that if/when the sale starts in your area, you'll be ready to go! And I also want to thank everyone who has taken time to share new sightings, and also to those of you who have been discussing your finds on the Chat Page. This helps SO many of us to know what's out there.

Thanks for reading!
G. xo
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I talked to a employee at my local CVS in Hillcrest. I was telling her I didn't see any yellow tagged Beauty clearance tags. She said where did you see that. I said from Nouveau cheaps blog. She said it might be going on, but she hasn't gotten the tags in yet to tag the items that are in the sale so it might be possible that the sale has started but they haven't gotten around to tag everything. I doubt that it has started at my CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming you scanned some products from the master list post to see if they came up on sale in the system and they didn't, right? (I hate to even ask since you're a longtime reader and I've repeated, bolded, underlined and screamed from the mountain tops how important it is to scan things even when you don't see tags, but I just have to ask!)

    So assuming you scanned items from the master list and they didn't come up on sale at the CVS in Hillcrest. I would love to know which items you scanned. Because you know I'm in SD too, and I've had the Revlon concealers, the WnW products and a few other things on the master list come up on clearance in the system, but the Revlon Lip Butters and other items have NOT come up on clearance (yet). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far I have purchased a few Milani lip products and a few wet and wild products they all showed up clearance :) when I first went to me CVS the tags were no where to be seen but when I scan it, the system show up that it is on sale! Definitely scan the product first :) the second time I went to a different CVS and some did have tags but some didn't, they still all showed up as clearance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in SD too. So far I went to 4 cvs around Mira Mesa . Poway PQ area. None of the lip butter on the list scan clearance price. For milani the nail art and 3D holo r clearance but none of the other polish and one coat glitter
    are clearance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I did my clearance shopping the sale prices were in the system but not all the tags were up. I spoke to a clerk in passing who confirmed that they were slowly getting the tags on in between their usual duties. Each store is different though, their clearance seems to depend on that individual stores sales history vs. a company wide decision. So I highly suggest taking the master list with you.. and checking multiple stores if you have more than one in your area. Good luck and good hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the new Covergirl glossy balm stains in Rite Aid today! I didn't pick any up but the colors looked gorgeous. G., please do a review on these soon :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig