Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Lipstick League – week of 8.27.12

image source: nasa.gov
Mars via the Curiosity Rover, August 27, 2012
The images coming back from the Curiosity Rover are so amazing that I just had to share one. Click here for the full NASA gallery.

Lipstick League Question of the Week:

What compelled you to start a beauty blog?

G's answer: I've been obsessed with all things beauty-related since I was about ten years old (which was a long time ago--1980 to be exact). I never thought anyone else would care about my opinions of beauty products but, a few years ago, I used to work for a company where I was lucky enough to work with some amazing women. We all become quite close after working together for a while, and just like most offices, we'd go to lunch and chit chat about non-work-related things. Over the years, I came to be known as the go-to girl for info on beauty products, and they gave me the office nickname of "beauty guru". I used to write these long, detailed emails to my colleagues, answering questions about products, giving advice, etc. Eventually, one colleague in particular urged me to start a beauty blog. And it was because of her insistence that I finally took the plunge in 2009 and created Nouveau Cheap. I can't thank her enough for not giving up on me, because starting this blog was one of the best things I've ever done. Otherwise, how would I have met all of YOU?

Links of the Week:

Gouldylox Reviews – I shouldn’t be surprised by how much I’m enjoying Makeup Geek’s eyeshadows, but I can’t get enough of the subtle pop of color in the form of mythical creatures

Lipglossiping – muses over iconic British store Liberty’s foray into the world of bodycare.

Nouveau Cheap – is no longer an Inglot virgin! She finally broke down and purchased some eyeshadows, but did they actually live up to the hype? Come find out.

Pink Sith – manages to work five Eric Carmen songs into her review of the Armani Eyes To Kill Intense Eyeshadow # 27. That’s gotta be some kind of record.

Prime Beauty – takes a look at the new permanent lip collection from Laura Mercier.  Smooth Créme Lip Colour debuts with 18 natural, semi-lustrous shades!

Phyrra – says OCC Nylon Lip Tar is very flattering on her. She compares it to several other bright lipsticks.

we heart this – the coverage of a lipstick, the feel of the balm, the fabulosity of none other; we’ve got swatches of all 16 Too Faced La Crème Lip Creams.

Beauty Junkies Unite – Become enamoured with the worldly colors from the MAC Styleseeker Collection after this review & swatches!

Clumps of Mascara – loves teddy bears. But she loves Too Faced’s Teddy Bear Hair Professional Brush Set even more. These are soem beautifully durable makeup brushes!

EauMG – Read Victoria’s B-A-N-A-N-A-S review of LUSH Ladyboy EDP!

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Gouldylox – My favorite blog right now is Hair Romance, the Australia-based hair blog about falling in love with your hair. Christina not only tells you which products are working, but shows you with beautiful photography exactly how to re-create them on your own. 


If you have a beauty blog, how and why did you start it?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I started my blog in 2010 to post my thoughts on products I was buying, it has since evolved to primarily be about the various beauty box subscriptions - mainly sneak peeks. I still do mini-reviews as I'm not completely comfortable doing full reviews like Temptalia and I don't shop in drugstores often to hunt down the latest new products ('cause I tend to buy and go broke).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's awesome that you provide such detailed info about the zillions of beauty box subscriptions available these days. Kudos to you! :)

      Delete
  2. I do not have a blog.. but I wanted to take a second to let you know why I love yours. The honest opinions. The very thorough and in depth reviews with fantastic photos. The reviews on products I will actually buy, instead of the high end products I will not. The great input from all of the wonderful people who read and take the time to post comments. Last but not least your sparkling personality.. it really feels like we are chatting when you write, and I enjoy your "company".

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you TRYING to make me cry over here? Sheesh, woman! LOL! *hugs you so hard it hurts a little* Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love your blog! Your honesty is appreciated, and the fact that you invest so much time so that us, your followers, can benefit is applaudable!
    we <3 u!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig