Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, September 10, 2012

Spotted at CVS: new products, sales and price cuts

I was at CVS over the weekend and spotted some new products and also some Price Cuts (for those of you unfamiliar with CVS Price Cuts, they're just like Walgreens Mega Savers and Rite Aid Rite Buys--they're month-long sales not featured in the weekly circulars). I also spotted a sale on something I've recently reviewed, and since it wasn't in the national circular, I'll be sharing that with you too.

First up, let's make everyone hungry, shall we?


Keep reading for lots of additional pics...

Girl Scout Lip Smackers! These lip balm/lipgloss duos were on a hanging side-cap display in the beauty department, and they retail for $4.19 each.




A Girl Scout Lip Smackers collection simply wouldn't be complete without Thin Mints, right?


 Next up, I don't know how new these are, but they're new to me, so I wanted to share:


CVS brand versions of Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy shampoo and conditioner. The Organix products retail for $7.99 and these retail for $5.99. I looked around to see if CVS also makes versions of other Organix products, but these two were the only ones I spotted.

 

Last week I showed you the new Essence of Beauty of Beauty Premium Blender Brush (which looks like a dupe of the Elizabeth Arden Makeup Foundation Blender Brush), and I finally spotted the new Essence of Beauty Premium Blender Sponge (dupe of the Beauty Blender):


I love the price point on these.


 Another new Essence of Beauty product:


Again, I think this is a great price point--you get 100 sheets for under six bucks.

Next up, another new-to-me product from Revlon:


A light-up lash curler. Also, some cute mini tweezers with carrying case:


And now for some Price Cuts that I spotted (again, CVS Price Cuts are month-long promotions not featured in the weekly circulars:). These Price Cuts are good through September 29, so you have lots of time to grab them:


I know a lot of you love the L'Oreal Youth Code Foaming Gel Cleanser, and this is a good price, especially if you use the $2 off L'Oreal skincare coupon I posted about here. That will bring your final price down from $8.29 to $2.99.


Bio Oil prices just about as low as the CVS version. Again, prices good through 9/29.

The following Price Cuts can only be found if your CVS has an extended Natural Beauty Section (some CVS locations do not, but I know for a fact that the stores in San Diego do, and I believe the stores in LA do as well):


Alba Botanica Natural Acnedote products on sale for about $2 less than the regular retail prices. And the Alba Rainforest collection as well:


And here's a weekly sale (good through 9/15) on Dr. Bronner's. Again, if your CVS has an extended Natural Beauty section, then you'll see that ALL Dr. Bronner's products are on sale this week for $2 off:


If you caught my brush cleaner post, then you know I love Dr. Bronner's and this is a great deal. I bought a Peppermint liquid soap for $8.49 (regular retail: $10.49) and also a Peppermint bar soap ($2.49 down from $4.49!!). Also in the pic above, you can see that select Giovanni haircare products are on clearance for 50% off.

Have you spotted any of these new products in your area yet? Do you plan on taking advantage of any of this month's Price Cuts? As always, I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

34 comments

  1. I have the Girl Scouts lip glosses ( I know they are more like chap sticks but they are more of a gloss to me by the way) and I love them. I also love the smell especially with the Thin Mints! If you miss the taste of the Girl Scouts cookies, I am not sure how much longer they will be around but Nestle Crunch made limited edition bars with the Girl Scouts cookies in Thin Mints, the Coconut and Caramel (aka Samoa) and Peanut Butter Cream. I haven't tried the peanut butter cream but I did try the other two and they are amazing! The coconut caramel stripe one is amazing since the coconut is not over powering like most coconut sweets. So, get those, also the LipSmackers ones. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only seen the thin mint one and the peanut butter one in my area. I actually was kind of let down by the thin mint one, but I LOVED the peanut butter one so much it's scary. That is one delicious candy bar!! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey G! Just wanted to let you know that at a store called daiso (japanese "dollar" store - things are mostly $1.50) that I purchased a box with 250 sheets of blotting papers for $1.50 and they work amazingly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, thanks for the tip!! I've blogged about Daiso here many times and i'm a huge fan (it's actually called Marukai here in San Diego but it's the same thing), but i've never tried their blotting sheets before! thanks again...can't wait to pick some up! :)

      Delete
  3. What do you use the Dr. Bronner's bar soap for? And the peppermint wash??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I mentioned in this post, I use the liquid soap to clean my brushes (I even included a link to my brush cleaner review...you can click that for much more info). I use the bar soap in the shower to clean...myself. Lol!

      Delete
    2. You will have to pry my Dr. Bronner's from my cold, dead hands. It's the best cleansing soap I've found. Yes, it dries out your skin, but it removes the dirt. It's gentle enough for use on my face, for shaving, and household cleaning in a pinch, lol!

      Delete
    3. My friends who go camping a lot take Dr. Bronner's Peppermint liquid soap with them to shower, wash dishes, hand wash clothes, and everything else.

      Delete
    4. Yep, it really is one of those true multi-purpose products. :)

      Delete
  4. I have the Essence of Beauty Beauty Blender and it started to disintegrate after cleaning it. It was great while it lasted but I honestly do not think it was worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what a bummer! I'm really sorry to hear that. :( Thanks very much for the insight.

      Delete
  5. You can find the Girl Scout Lip Smackers at Target too! I saw them there a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the tip!

      Delete
    2. They actually went on clearance at Target not too long ago.

      I wish my CVS had Dr. Bronners. :(

      Delete
    3. na, does your target carry Dr Bronners?

      Delete
  6. I have the essence dupe for the beauty blender and I don't recommend it. It's too rough on the skin as the tip is much too flimsy. I'm very interested in the Samoas lip smackers definately though and the CVS version of Organix. Great post as a whole :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm from SD (and currently live in LA) and I didn't know CVS carried Dr. Bronner's! I, too, use it for my makeup brushes and I like to use it diluted with water and with a foaming pump as a body wash. It really helps to moisturize the skin and it makes my skin so soft to the touch and for long periods of time (WAY better than with some of my lotions). Thanks for the heads up G!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FYI stores like Whole Foods, Trader Joe, Mother's, and Vitamin Shoppe carries Dr. Bronner's for a much better price.

      Delete
  8. I bought the mini Revlon tweezers for my purse several months ago, they are so cute & work like a charm but WILL NOT stay in the little carrying case.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Picked up Dr. Bronners based on your rave review! I have high hopes for this one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited about the blotting papers. My Target doesn't carry the ELF papers, and I don't want to order online just for that. I'll go check these out tomorrow, since I have to do errands anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gost G, you just don't know how much I enjoy and learn from your blogs!!
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU!! I will be on my way to CVS this week LOL, I would like to try the Acne skin care shown here, hopefully this will give me better results than the Clean and Clear from JJ. Also, I have had and used the beauty blender mentioned it here for about 3 months or more, I really really like it, I don't own the "original" one so I can't compare them BUT this one does the work for me! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. In June there was an Alba printable coupon on Facebook (it's no longer available to print). If you printed it, it's valid through 10/15/12.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am I the only one who thinks that the beauty blender sponge dupe looks a lot like something naughty that is found in "Adult" type stores? Maybe it's because I worked at one, but that looks an awful lot like some products we sold with the initials B.P.

    Then again, maybe my mind is just in the gutter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got the thin mint lip balm/gloss a few weeks ago at target. SO DELICIOUS! Great lip balm, it tastes JUST like thin mints. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you're looking for a similar beauty sponge I highly recommend the one from London Soho New York that you can find at Walgreen's. I don't want to post a link but if you Google it, it's pretty easy to find reviews. The older version looks similar to the one in this post but they've changed it so now it has two pointed ends. I have the older version but haven't tried the new one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got the Lavender one (Dr Bronner's) and used it for my brushes tonight, love it! so clean and smell so good ❤

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm scared I'd just eat those lip balms :) I love Samoas! And Thin Mints! BTW, off topic but for those of you that love Girl Scout cookies as much as I do, Keebler makes Grasshopper & Coconut Dreams cookies year round. They taste just like Thin Mints and Samoas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bummed. The Youth Code face wash isn't on sale/dropped price at any CVS I have been to here in MA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you scan it at the price check my cvs didnt have a price cut sign next to it but when i scanned it it had the sale price

      Delete
  19. i bought acnedote products recently and had to trash them after two weeks of use. unfortunately they are too drying even for super oily skin so beware if you have sensitive skin

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got a great deal on the gel cleanser thanks to you and I like it so far doesnt leave my skin feeling really dry and also did a really great job at removing my eye makeup I usually remove it before cleansing my face but i wanted to test it out. also a heads up for people who might want to purchase it at my local cvs it didnt have the price cut sign so i just scanned it to double check and it was on sale so make sure to double check if your store didnt put up the sign. just wanted to let you know how much i loveeee your blog im not really in to blogs i browse every once in a while but i check yours everyday ! thanks for the great work have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  21. With the Dr. Bronners sop, maybe I should use that when I go to cons when I shower instead of just carrying my Lush stuff all the time since I rarely carry lotion since I have limited time to shower due to roomies. I also have sensitive skin, not sure how well it will work but will try.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig