Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, September 10, 2012

On the Runway: Missha (plus a sneak peek at some new products)

I thought my fellow Korean beauty fans might like to know that Missha made its debut on the runway at New York Fashion Week this week. Included in this press release are the Missha products that were used, including some new products that won't be available here in the US until October. (PS: I'll actually be reviewing  Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream, which was featured on the runway, a little later this week. I've been testing it for a while now and I'm excited to share my thoughts with you.)
MISSHA Debuts at New York Fashion Week
For Behnaz Sarafpour Spring/Summer 2013 Collections

New York, NY (September 10, 2012) - Missha made its debut at New York Fashion Week at the Behnaz Sarafpour Spring/Summer 2013 Collections presentation on September 7th. The show took place in the majestic ballroom of the Jane Hotel, which provided the perfect lighting to accentuate the romantic and ethereal looks of the collection as well as the makeup.
 
This is the first time the brand has participated in New York Fashion Week and it was a natural partnership for the two brands who share a similar aesthetic. Behnaz Sarafpour says, “I think we both have a very modern, and yet feminine sensibility that compliment one another.”
 
Legendary makeup artist, Val Garland, graced the models with muted beige tones, rosy cheeks and berry-stained lips. Garland and her team started with The Style Art Designing Pore Silky Boomer to create a matte base for the makeup. They applied Missha's signature product, the M Perfect Cover BB Cream, which moisturized and provided the perfect coverage. Garland got creative using The Style Defining Blusher in Sandy Brown and Salmon Pink on the eyes as well as the cheeks. She then stained the lips with the limited edition lip palettes from the F/W 2012 Collection.


Keep reading for a closer look at the limited edition Missha Lip Palettes, which will be available starting in October:

The finishing touches were added with the Prism Bright-On Auto Powder, a mineral powder with a vibrating applicator to ensure the most precise and even coverage. Both the F/W 2012 Limited Edition Lip Palettes and the Prism Bright-On Auto Powder will be introduced to the U.S. market in October 2012. 

 
About Missha

Missha's origins lie in the internet site Beautynet.co.kr, which was created in the year 2000. Missha is a brand that stays true to the nature of the internet by getting closer to customers by reducing the distribution chain and actively exchanging information with the customers through different levels. Missha is a strictly pro-consumer brand that is made through suggestions and criticisms by over 1.8 million customers who make Missha what it is today.

Missha does not follow the stereotypical thinking that cosmetics should be expensive in order to appeal to the senses. It is Missha's sincere belief that cosmetic products should be of the highest quality while maintaining affordability and value.
 
For more information, please visit www.misshaus.com and follow Missha on Twitter and Facebook.

I must admit, I'm intrigued by the "vibrating applicator" that comes with the new Prism Bright-On Auto Powder. I think I might have to pick that up once it's available in October!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. excited to hear your review! it would be interesting to hear your comparison to the US bb creams since you've tried a good number of american bb creams :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I had no idea Missha had any plans to come to the US. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I've never heard of a pro cosumer brand. Will definitely take a look at their products. It makes me wish other brands were so eager to please consumers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr fav BB cream is the Missha Perfect Cover ......I have tried 'em all and this works the best for me..Been using now for over 1 year. I find the U.S. BB creams are no more than a glorified tinted moisturizer. Am over 50 years young and I love Missha products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missha's been available in the US for a few years now. I love love love their Bb cream!!! It's the lightest I've ever found (#13) for us super pale gals who can't tan worth beans. They have sales once in a while that makes it worth it. They ship from NJ, so it's not too much of a wait. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second that! I'm so fair I can't wear most foundations without adding a white (Illamasqua & Graftobian are the only ones that come light enough). I adore #13 for the color, and the Perfect Cover for the coverage & formula!

      Delete
  6. I've been using Missha probably since 2002. they really used to be simple affordable brand (I really loved their Oxygen Gel Mask) but the recent couple years they start retire/discontinue their cheaper lines and focus more on fancy packaging/expensive products.... I still love their BB cream, but that's about it now.

    you can purchase Missha product via their US site. every so often they run the $9.99 BB cream sales and that's when I stock up =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Koreans makeup. I think they beat the makeup that we have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is quite exciting. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this brand stateside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been using the Missha bb cream no. 23 for about one year. I apply with my sigma f84 brush and after letting get to the right color on my skin I look almost flawless. And with an SPF of 42 it's exactly what i need. I purchase mine from a local korean market.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard from others that the Korean bb creams are so mucj better - more effective, more natural looking, help repairs the skin better - than the US creams do. I'm looking forward to your review; I've used (and stopped) the Garnier bb, switched now to the L'Oreal (which I like a lot better because it doesn't make me shiny like the Garnier did) but I really don't like the grainy feel of the beads. So... if it works for you (I think we have really similar skin types) then I'll give it a shot. I love that you are willing to be a guinea pig... Thank you G!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Missha Perfect BB Cream, too.

    Doesn't even compare to western BB creams like Garnier and the like. Totally different feel and coverage and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here is the tough question G. Is Missha doing animal testing? I hope not, love their products. Thanks , linda

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig