Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Glitches, fixes and comments, oh my!

Some not-so-fun-or-glamourous things to discuss here on the blog today, so let me try to keep this as short and sweet and possible:

  • Google Reader and Facebook link issues. Thanks to many of you for letting me know that if you're trying to access this blog using Google Chrome, and you're clicking a link via Google Reader or Facebook, the link might redirect you to the Google homepage instead of to my blog post. I'm so sorry about that, and please know that I'm trying to fix this glitch. In the meantime, you can try using another browser like Firefox or Safari and that should work just fine.

  • Ongoing search bar issues. I am well aware of the fact that the Google-powered search bar at the top of my blog doesn't always work for Internet Explorer users. Over the years, I've tried a zillion different search bar applications, and Google is by far the most accurate and comprehensive when it comes to searching deep into my archives. So until I can fix this glitch for IE users, here's my solution: if you use Internet Explorer and you want to search my blog, just go to google.com and type "nouveaucheap" + whatever you're searching for. This should bring up the exact (or similar) results that you'd get if you were able to use the Google search bar that's embedded into my blog.

  • "For New Readers" and "Shopping Tips" pages not loading. Thanks to all of the readers who took the time to let me know that two of the tabs on the upper menu bar of this blog ("For New Readers" and "Shopping Tips") have not been loading lately. I apologize for this, and just fixed the issue. Both pages load fine now, so if you click on those pages regularly for info, they're working again!

  • Comments, comments, comments. I've had the same comment policy in place on this blog since early 2010. However, I have updated it recently by adding a new subsection regarding the You Tell Me page. If you're new to the blog, you can check out my comment policy or any of the other policies pertaining to this blog by clicking the "Policies" link on the top menu bar, right between the "About/Contact" tab and "Press" tab. (PS: the "Press" tab is not for members of the press, it's actually the one spot where I share when Nouveau Cheap has been mentioned in the press...just in case you're curious).

  • Speaking of comments. The ongoing issue with double-comments doesn't seem to be going away any time soon. I realize that this is frustrating for you and I wish I could fix it (believe me, I've tried). Since I moderate my comments, I'm able to sometimes catch double-posts and delete the second (or third) comment, but sometimes I don't always catch them. So please do not feel bad if you double-comment and I don't catch it. I'm in NO way upset when I see double-comments because I'm grateful to receive comments in general. And the fact that you're concerned enough about leaving a comment here that you post it twice is something I'm grateful for and appreciate very much!

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this long and admittedly boring post.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I'm using Firefox, and none of the links on facebook work.. the page starts to open and then just disappears. Just letting you know... I just came to the blog to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To do a specific search for her on google, use this: {your search here} site:nouveaucheap.blogspot.com

    That formula will make google search only this blog.

    example: "maybelline site:nouveaucheap.blogspot.com" will pull up only mentions of maybelline on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the most part I access the blog through my Gmail. I subscribe to the daily email and I have never had difficulty in any manner! Just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this blog and look at it most days. Thank you for your dedication and obvious time devoted to keeping us informed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here i was feeling silly every time i saw a double post! Im so glad u feel this way! ^.^ lol ur too sweet! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like your blog has outgrown Blogspot and it's time to more to self-hosted Wordpress!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig