Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Lipstick League – week of 8.20.12


Lipstick League Question of the Week: 

When you think of autumn, what beauty product instantly comes to mind? 

G's answer: I immediately think of my beloved Victoria's Secret Limited Edition Holiday 2009 Body Mist in Gilded Ginger Creme. I picked this up at the Victoria's Secret Outlet back in 2010, and I'm still kicking myself for not buying ten bottles of it at that time. I covet this body mist, and I only use it for a one-week period at the beginning of fall. After which time, it goes back into a dark closet to be brought out again the following year. Why Victoria's Secret hasn't re-released this scent since 2009 is beyond me. It's got a 4.8 average rating on Makeup Alley and I honestly think it was the best fall fragrance ever to be released by either VS or B&BW. 

Links of the Week:

EauMG – EauMG reviews a fruity perfume inspired by Sauvignon Blanc.

Gouldylox Reviews – I’m really bad at math, but I think I figured out how committing this beauty sin will impact you for the rest of your life.

Nouveau Cheap – It’s easy to dismiss drugstore Halloween makeup, but if you turn your nose to it this year, you could miss out on this gorgeous $3 matte red eyeshadow.

Prime Beauty – test drives bareMinerals new READY SPF 20 Foundation! It even made her stop using the “F” word—find out how!

Phyrra – Phyrra brings the makeup brush that revolutionized foundation application for her to the next Makeup Wars! Do you own it?

Vampy Varnish – Wishes she didn’t love the new Estee Lauder Metal Mania Pure Colour Nail Lacquers so much because they’re so expensive!

we heart this – neon tribal, diagonal dots, gold French tips and glitter that is Liberace-worthy; with It’s So Easy nail art is precisely that!

Clumps of Mascara – is still obsessed with red lipstick and glosses. This likely won’t change any time soon. Check out the newest red lippies to her stash!

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by EauMG – My favorite beauty/fragrance blogger, Gaia of The Non-Blonde, reviews a perfume from one of my favorite indie lines, Providence Perfume Co. Divine Noir.

What beauty product instantly makes you think of autumn?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Warm toned eyeshadows, dark berry lipgloss, and of course two unrelated items: fall scented candles and pumpkin spice lattes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My beloved Lóccitane Labdanum parfum, Pacifica Amber perfume, Clinique Black Honey Almost Lipstick, Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Potion leave in conditioner...I still have a bottle of HSHPPLIC that I got from TJMaxx back in 09! I use it very sparingly here and there in the Autumn only. Annnnd AMEN to the pumkin spice lattes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I so agree with Alexa!! Pumpkin coffee at Dunkin donuts!
    I allso just ordered during the cherry culture sale last week an la colors 5 Pan palette with wonderful berry/ brown colors ( was less than $3!!) in anticipation for the fall.. Also I love breaking out some darker Vampy nailpolish colors!!! And orange blush :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig